More foreclosure issues for Senator Boseman

Tags: ,

Submitted: Thu, 11/06/2008 - 5:50pm
Updated: Mon, 03/05/2012 - 5:22pm By:

State Senator Julia Boseman celebrated her third victory on Tuesday. She beat her Republican challenger Michael Lee by about three percentage points. Senator Boseman is headed to Raleigh Wednesday to get back to work. Some of the issues Boseman will tackle include stopping Titan America from building a cement plant in Castle Hayne, increasing film incentives, and bringing more jobs to our area. While the election is behind her, Senator Boseman still has a few battles to fight. Two more properties she owns are now in foreclosure. The Castillo family lives in a house on one of those properties on Old Mill Creek Road in Winnabow. They have actually paid Boseman thousands of dollars toward purchasing the home. The family said they are still unsure what they are going to do, but declined to go on camera. WWAY did talk with Senator Boseman about the situation. She said, “I am pretty confident it’s going to be worked out with the bank. You know it’s unfortunate to use their life as a political ball. I think they don’t appreciate that and I don’t either.”

This is exactly why democrats can’t be trusted in office. They don’t have morals high enough to respect the office. The reason republicans look bad is because they spend their whole term trying to straighten out the mess that democrats caused. The current economic problems were caused by Clinton making the banks give everyone a loan whether they could afford it or not!

• SurfCityTom says:

doing a lease purchase or contract for deed. In either case, it is necessary to file the documents at the Register of Deeds office.

Or she might have taken out the equity line prior to the deed of sale being filed at the Register of Deeds office.

All of these are suppositions on my part as I have not done a title search.

Might be a good point for some investigative reporter to look at.

If the castillos were paying her for the home, why was the money they were giving not put toward the home to keep it from being foreclosed on?

• SurfCityTom says:

Ms. Boseman apparently had a better use for the money than to use it to pay the mortgage. Guess we’ll see how she worms out of this one.

• SurfCityTom says:

is the date line on this transaction.

She signs the contract to sell and accepts a $5,000 down payment in January, 2005.

There is no disclosure of any pre-existing debt.

In February, 2005, after she has sold the property and accepted a down payment and the first month’s mortgage payment from the Buyer, she borrows $40,000 against the property.

The questions one must ask are:

1. Did she record the deed in January?

2. Was there any debt on the property prior to her agreement to sell?

3. Did she disclose the property was under a contract to sell when she took out the $40,000 mortgage?

If she sold the property and took back a $50,000 first deed of trust from the Buyers, then it would appear she was attempting to defraud the Bank.

Her application to borrow the $40,000 should have disclosed how the property was being used.

In conducting a title search for the new loan, RBC’s attorney should have discovered the sales data and mortgage if Ms. Boseman filed them.

Having said all of that, and noting I am not an attorney, I would conclude Ms. Boseman has a bundle of problems. If not in a court of law then with the NC State Bar Association.

If she can wiggle out of this and still retain her law license, she is carrying one big rabbit’s foot.

Woody Allen once noted 80% of success is being on time and the other 20% is using common sense.

Would appear she did not use common sense; and clearly the Bank had some reason to call the note.

Perhaps she thinks she can get the Banking Commission to bully the bank. I doubt that will happen.

• Guest98dh923j says:

Yeah, she did. Check New Hanover County Register of deeds. She bought the office condo after she took the loan against the Brunswick County property. It appears she could have used the $40,000 downpayment for her $300,000 office condo. Which is also in foreclosure.
    Then in June she bought a $1,000,000.00 house followed by the purchase of a boat slip.

She currently still lives in a million dollar landfall mansion.

• Guest1956 says:

Now that the election is over and Julia has won, what is going to happen to the Castillo’s? I know these people and they are wonderful people, but does Julia realize what she has done? Does she care? Is she really going to work something out with the bank? November 10th is Monday Julia? Are they going to have to move? Is there anyone out there who can help the Castillo’s???

• Guest843nhd0e says:

It wasn’t verbal. You can see the documents at http://www.elfantasma65.blogspot.com

• Zippy says:

You would think her being an attorney she would have had all her ducks in a row going into any type of “verbal” agreement to protect herself and possibly the tenants. Does not say much for her. We do agree on somethings. wow

• SurfCityTom says:

on one of the articles concerning this matter, there are copies of the documents.

It appears, unless not all of the documents were filed, that this was a sale with owner financing; not a rent to own, lease-purchase, or contract for deed.

That being said, and again noting I am not an attorney nor have I gone to Brunswick County to look at the actual documents, it would appear she took a note out on property she did not own.

In looking at the contract to sell, it clearly notes she is selling and he is buying. No mention of a wrap around mortgage; no mention of any type of delay in his ownership.

Where I come from we have some words which describe that type of activity.

Guess we will see whether WWAY stands up for the little guy with an investugative report or with their Trouble Shooter reporter.

If the sale is not postponed, the hearing is set for this coming week and typically the sale occurs within 45 days.

Great Christmas present.

• Zippy says:

Probably did a “rent to own” deal with JB and did not get a contract for it. If she still held sole ownership legally she can do as she wishes with the property. I hope they have it in writing or they will lose this one.

• SurfCityTom says:

to step forward with their side of the story is concerning.

Unfortunately, most attorneys will not step forward to assist an injured party in an action against another attorney.

Whether done on a rent to own or contract for deed, the Lawyer selling the property (Ms. Boseman) was ethically required to advise them to seek competent legal counsel. If she failed to do that, she has some explaining to do to the State Bar.

If the document was not recorded, and the contract time period was greater than 2 years, so that the Lender would be aware of this issue when their attorney did its title search, she has some explaining to do.

If she corrects the foreclosure issue, by paying off the loan in question, then she is probably clear of legal ramifications.

If she does not, then she could face loss of law license and crimminal actions. Crimminal convictions could be grounds for her expulsion from the Senate.

Ask Mr. Wright or Mr. Black, they know.

• Guest83nod82 says:

It wasn’t a rent to own. She sold the property but didn’t transfer the deed. She even took a loan on the property after she sold it. You can see the documents at

• Guestemb says:

Can someone explain to me how so many prominent people are able to go into foreclosure without any repercussions?

Some of the individuals even buy back the properties that they had foreclosed.

Did I miss something over the last few years that changed some sort of rules?

It seems as if this is the norm.

I had thought we lived in a society where we work hard for what we have and pay a price if we default on loans and god forbid the word foreclosure, we would never ever be able to survive life if we had a property foreclosed.

Seems as if it is common day occurrence that makes me think what am I missing.

Here we have a politician that has been reelected; who is receiving a pay check from the state government and her property is foreclosed on. I do not know all of the details but does it not look as if the value of that property could be paid for with one year of her salary, but yet she foreclosed.

Has it finally gotten to the point where it is better to buy something, use it and have no intention of paying for it?

I wonder if I could get away with that. It does make me rethink my values on life and morals.

Can someone suggest a good lawyer to help me look into this. Oh isnt Julia a lawyer.

I want to know how she can sell the home to them, borrow money against it after she sold it, and then not pay the loan but it’s the Castillo’s problem.

• the giant says:

why was this story broke after the election
    she is scum.
    even for a lawer she is scum

• Guest8305n says:

This is how she cheated that family. Someone posted all the contracts online. They’re trying to help the people save their home from this dirty scumbag.

I went to the website above and there are the contracts. This woman needs to be in jail, not heading back to Raleigh on our dime.
    Who do we call? Who do we complain to? I pay her salary and NC is a right to work state so can’t I fire her? I don’t have to give a reason.

• make millions realeaste forcloser poor family live shelter says:

the only reason boseman won was because she was on the democratic ticket with obama as president i dont think she would have made it otherwise i think alot of people are starting to see how she really is likes to party, puts things of importance off, and smoke pot and drink wine ,and jeopardizes familys lives with her realestate ventures that are colapsing .

I am a democrat, and yes, I voted for Obama. But I made it a point to vote for Lee in this race. Boseman’s personal and business affairs tell me she isn’t qualified to represent us in Raleigh.

• Voter says:

I often split my ticket and attempt to evaluate every candidate for every office. I made it a point to not vote for Julie Boseman. –

The only reason she got reelected is the voters who blindly vote one party regardless of the qualifications of the candidate. – I don’t know Michael Lee except by reputation (which is excellent), but he was obviously the better candidate. – He was the casualty of voters blindly voting a straight party ticket with no evaluation of the candidates.

Boseman said Castillo’s life a political ball? Everytime a dirty rotten scumbag politician gets caught doing something wrong and you talk about it, they say it’s all politics. Well you know what? This isn’t about politics this about a family Julia Boseman wants to cheat. I’m sure if it had not come out on the news she wouldn’t be working anything out with the banks! Scum!

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

…why should we expect Boseman to avoid forgery and now, embezzlement?

Let’s face it – Democrats don’t care about a politician’s behavior as long as they stick with pushing the party agenda.

The most amazing thing in recent memory is that Wright was convicted and actually sent to prison! Who did HE tick off in the Democratic Party? He must not have been “spreading the wealth” and sharing it with the party higher-ups.

Political correctness has come full circle. In order to prove just how open minded they are, Julian Boseman’s supporters are obliged to defend the outright theft, dishonesty, and abject corruption of their favorite lesbian state senator.This skank is an absolute disgrace. I hope this family sues Boseman for what few shekels she may have squirreled away somewhere. I would love to see Julia forced to rely on gubmint cheese to augment her diet.