8 Comments for this article

Tags: ,

Former Brunswick County Sheriff Ron Hewett has begun serving his prison time for obstruction of justice.

Hewett surrendered himself Wednesday. He is now at the Federal Correctional Complex in Butner. It is a low-security prison, where Hewett can also get substance abuse treatment.

He was sentenced to 16 months on a federal obstruction of justice charge in October. He will serve his federal and state sentence for embezzlement concurrently.

Comment on this Story

8 Comments on "Hewett begins serving prison time"

Fed up
2015 years 9 months ago

He got what was comming. He was an awful sherrif. Ever go into the Bolivia station? it looks more like a friggin shrine to his power! He was the worst ever. Rot in jail Ron hewitt.

kool2handle
2015 years 9 months ago

Yes stop talking abought Ron. he is gone doing his time. let him go with out your words. he by now knows how you all feel and will have to live with this for the rest of his life.

who cares
2015 years 9 months ago

As some of you said in the past, Ronald is now getting the “what goes around comes around”. Be very careful with your jokes and laughing at this because the saying “what goes around comes around” may be coming your way. Shouldn’t laugh and joke at someone else’s expense even if they are wrong.

hb girl
2015 years 9 months ago

Ronald’s son is just as crooked as he is. He
goes to parties at Lancaster Woods, Stone
Chimney road at the Beavers house, where they
have parties & underage drinking and he’s a
HB cop.I’m talking about 17 year olds. Next
time I find out they’re having a party, I’m
reporting it. Trust me I can find out.

Glad
2015 years 9 months ago

Hey Ronnie….
Have yourself a merry little Christmas…..
Let your heart be light……..
From now on our troubles will be out of sight……

guesty
2015 years 9 months ago

Don’t drop the soap bigboy!

Guest987
2015 years 9 months ago

They could have provided a more flattering picture. The woman he looks to be talking to seems angry and not wanting to talk with him.
If I ever get charged with federal obstruction of justice and embezzlement, I will make sure the last picture of my as a free man will be a good one with a hot chick bidding me farewell.
Maybe next time Ronnie. I am sure there will be a next time.

Linda Lou Campbell
2015 years 9 months ago

Take care and you will be home soon. God Bless you and your families.

Thanks for getting my baby girl home (Carla Lea Painter Bussard) when she was murdered by Martha Farmer on 5 September 2006 and Gene Bussard died 28 November 2006 and Martha Farmer was sentenced and got a plea from North Carolina and I do not agree with this and did not sign my name to anything.

God Bless Carla Lea’s MOM, Linda Lou Campbell, Huntsville, AL