Funeral arrangements made for West Bladen sophomore

Tags: , ,

Submitted: Tue, 03/31/2009 - 9:17pm
Updated: Fri, 06/07/2013 - 1:52am

Funeral arrangements have been set for the West Bladen sophomore who drowned over the weekend. Fifteen-year-old Cody Hammond was swimming with three friends when he drowned in a reservoir near the big swamp. Hammond was a catcher for the varsity baseball team at West Bladen High School. The family will hold a wake at Gaskins Funeral Home on Highway 242 in Elizabethtown. The services will last from 6:00 p.m. until closing. Funeral services will be held Friday at 2:00 p.m. at Smyrna Church on Highway 211. The church is in Robeson County.

• me says:

i will miss you cody so much yo were my best friend and alwways had fun in class your always gonna be in my heart i give praise and hope to his family and friends
    i will see you one day

• MILTON V. says:

R.I.P. Kiddo.
    We know your in a better place now.
    Put in a good word for all of us;
    Well be waiting to see you at those pearly gates! =]

[Sorry about all of this madness going on] =[

• GuestKnight says:

It is extremely hard to say goodbye to another young, kind soul. Cody was a wonderful person to be around. He was always smiling and I never heard him be mean to anyone. He is greatly missed by many people. My prayers go out to his family and friends. I believe I am lucky to have been able to call myself his friend.

• Guest 223 says:

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

• Jamie says:

First of all I really dont think this is a time for the negative comment. If you had a HEART you would be adding a comforting comment to the family and friends of Cody. None of the Boys knew what was going to happen or I can assure YOU they wouldnt have put themselves into this situation. This is very hard for everyone in this town to deal with losing a child at such a young age but GOD has a reason and a plan for everyone. May god be with you!

My prayers are with the family and friends of Cody.

• C! says:

We Miss and love you greatly Cody and hope to see you soon up in Heaven!!