Unsalted butter 8 oz.
Fresh parsley, chopped 1 oz.
Celery, chopped 2 oz.
Fennel bulb, chopped 2 oz.
Shallots, chopped 2 oz.
Garlic, chopped 1 tsp.
Watercress, chopped 4 oz.
Pernod 2 oz. Fresh bread crumbs 2 ½ oz.
Salt & Pepper TT
Oysters, on the half shell 36 Rock Salt as needed
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat the butter in a sauté pan. Add the parsley, celery, fennel, shallots, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the watercress and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the Pernod and bread crumbs; season with salt & pepper.
4. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree.
5. Top each oyster with approximately 2 teaspoons of the vegetable mixture; it should coat the oyster’s entire surface.
6. Bake the oyster on a bed of rock salt at 450 degrees Fahrenheit until the mixture bubbles, approximately 6-7 minutes.
THANKS, HARRIS TEETER FOR DONATING THE INGREDIENTS!