FIRST ON 3: Three recent deaths attributed to heroin overdoses

Tags: , , , ,

Submitted: Tue, 03/01/2011 - 6:07pm
Updated: Tue, 03/01/2011 - 8:39pm By:

FROM A NEWS RELEASE SENT BY THE WILMINGTON POLICE DEPARTMENT:

The Wilmington Police Department is investigating three fatal heroin overdoses since Friday, February 25, 2011. The substance is individually package in bindles labeled “Black Magic.” We strongly advise anyone who comes in contact with this substance to contact your local law enforcement agency.

Anyone who has information about the source(s) of “Black Magic” heroin is asked to call the Wilmington Police Department’s main number at 910-343-3600. Information may also be submitted anonymously through Text-A-Tip. Enter Tip708 and the information, and send to CRIMES (274637).

• MPW says:

As a professional nurse and Masters level counselor your comment leaves me feeling sad for you. To have no compasion for mankind is pathological. Have you examined why you feel superior to an addict? You need to walk in anothers shoes before making such bold comments. Oh, I too am a recovering heroin addict of 20 plus years.

All druggies, that is the heroin you want to shoot. Take your normal dose and checkout. Then society will be rid of you. The only downside is we will then have to hear what a great person you were, or how you never hurt anybody.

• MLS says:

Being a Christian woman, I dont think that would have been my response, the drug users need help just like any other addiction out there.. the right thing to do is to pray for God to help them see the way.. HIS way… I am not judging you, just suggesting that you not judge… God Bless

• RecovingHeroinAddict says:

i really hope your kids turn into heroin addicts so you know how ridiculous u sound..

• MPW says:

I am feeling sad that people who think like you actually exist. Be careful what you say, as your words may come back to haunt you!

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

Yeah….and I’m a warn, nice, loving and caring humanitarian.

The species will be stronger without these losers who made a conscious decision to throw away their lives.

• Das Weibstück says:

The hard work of ONE does more than the prayers of MILLIONS. Prayer is useless. But of course if you think sitting in a chair talking to yourself helps anything have at it.

• friend says:

Just a thought, I am a close personal friend of the most recent fatality as a result of these overdoses and can speak truthfully upon the character of this person… might want to look twice at the cruelty and ignorance of what you’re saying about them.

• WilmingtonMAJ says:

You go right ahead and pray for them. Let them pray to god. See where it gets them. As far as I’m concerned they can shoot up more and more and hopefully remove themselves from the general populations gene pool. Your god or whoever can have them…

• Guest says:

I criticized your humor in the past,but I have to say this was pretty funny. Thanks for the laugh.

• friend 2 says:

everyone has something they do that is self destructive. no one is perfect. heroin is a serious issue that people need help for, like any other downfall. i am a friend of the most recent fatality as well. i pray for you, person who judges the unfortunate person you haven’t met who just passed, as i pray for anyone with a drug problem. rip steven and i hope everyone sees that his life was given to save others who need to get clean. this could happen to anyone. prayers for his family and friends and soul. xo

• friend 3 says:

As a wife and mother of two, i am also a friend of this recent fatality. Shame on those who judge, for there is only one judge and he is not here on earth. RIP sweet Steven who was a great young man;loved by all those who knew him. Not a junkie, but God’s child, and now he rests with him. These victims need our love and help, it’s the people who are making and distributing these drugs that deserve the punishment. Prayers for family and friends………XOXOXO

• A Thinking Atheist says:

why does every christian have to try to make every aspect of their life all christ-y. be a mature adult and accept the fact that there is no man in the sky ignoring your every prayer. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com look at the bible contradictions and the bible atrocities and see if you still love that god.

• Guest says:

I agree with you both it is a problem that people need help with. Addiction is a sickness and i know some of you believe your so perfect and it could never happen to you but i guarantee in your perfect little life that someone you love is affected by addiction so i bet if it was your loved one you would not be saying the same things. i pray for you that you never have to lose a family member or friend to addiction.

• quitbeingfullofyourselvesjackasses says:

The species will fail with ignorant beliefs such as this.

• gordon says:

The species will fail with ignorant beliefs such as this. I would also appreciate it if you wouldn’t use the term “species,” to describe what would be stronger and better off from something such as a human being struggling and dying from a serious problem. I, or anyone else with half a brain would like NOT to be included with you in a classification system. By association, I feel people would think I was ignorant.

Athiest, child hating, die everyone that doesn’t live by your made up rules!

You are one nasty, hateful and indignant excuse of a human being to be making comments like this. It’s a great thing you never bore children or you would’ve likely driven them to some horrible demise such as this.

May “***” (or whatever you happen to believe in) have mercy on your pitiful soul. At some point, you’ll need it!

• Drug free says:

You know what it will do when you try it the first time. I don’t want to hear any excuses. Cry me a handfull. You were ignorant if you tried it to begin with.

• Guest says:

I’m sure that’s the same thing the parents of the school teacher who died from that s**t thought.

But the honest, open relationship we have with our child means he comes to us to tell us about problems and issues he has. We also know his friends as well as his friends parents.

The parents are the last ones to know.

…any more than being “educated” prevents morons from making cold, stupid and pathological statements as you just have!

Let’s just put it simply, Mr. Big Shot. I’m going to hope that your “child” (whatever that means) educated head never runs into anything your money or education can’t fix!

Maybe when the day comes that you observe your “child” taking “it’s” last breath due to an accident, car wreck, cancer or an “accidental ovedose”, your senses may come forward to show you what compassion is all about. You have a very difficult, yet educational lesson ahead of you.

We as human beings are extremely vulnerable and our delicate lives can drastically change or END…with the blink of an eye!

Watch your six! Even more, watch your “childs” six! I’d say you’re due for an eye-opener!

• guest says:

as hard as we try to teach our children we can never be sure what they will take from it
    i have known some very wonderful, thoughtful, and protective parents that have followed the letter of the law, the bible, and the guiding principles of society that have still had children to fall prey to addition
    as much as you spout from a high horse
    you may still be one of those folks whose children didn’t do as you taught
    when you speak
    if you believe that you are righteous
    you sound self righteous and that is very unbecoming anyone

But my child has a good, educated head on his shoulders to know better than to mess with drugs. But thanks for the thought.

Don’t worry about my six or my child’s, as you put it. We have had many talks about the dangers of drugs, what it can do to you and how bad decisions can ruin or end a life. So you go hug a druggie and I’ll raise my child.

So I should suffer because I made proper choices in life? If I wanted to walk in the shoes of a druggie I would do drugs. I don’t want to live that life so I don’t do drugs. Wonderful that you were able to kick the habbit but I would not lose any sleep if you had kicked the bucket.

• Guest says:

I wonder if this article was about potent baconators killing obese people would people be more appathetic. Or if an addiction to some type of social networking forum was causing children to commit suicide. My point is like someone said earlier, I’m not justifing herion addictions or herion addict’s actions but I don’t believe wishing death on anyone who makes a bad choice in their life is the answer