ONLY ON 3: McIntyre aide apologizes for calling opponent “crazy”

Tags: , , , , , ,

Submitted: Mon, 04/04/2011 - 9:49pm
Updated: Tue, 04/05/2011 - 3:00am

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — An aide to Rep. Mike McIntyre has issued a formal apology to a man planning to challenge the Congressman next year after calling him “crazy.” In a letter on Congress of the United States letterhead, McIntyre’s Economic Development Director Tony McEwen writes to Del Pietro:

“Dear Del, Please accept my sincere apologies for the comments I made to the WWAY reproter about you while working at the Jobs Summit on 3/29/2011. They were not professional and portrayed you in a very unfair manner. Again, I ask that you accept my deepest apologies to you and your family.”

After seeing our crew talking to Pietro at the event, McEwen told them Pietro was “crazy,” “shaky,” “schizophrenic” and “not all there.”

Pietro said he accepts McEwen’s apology, because he believes in forgiveness. But he also said that McEwen and the McIntyre’s campaign are trying to derail his momentum in the race for the Democratic nomination next year.

When asked about McEwen’s comments last week, McIntyre’s Chief of Staff Dean Mitchell said in an e-mail to WWAY, “(A)ny comments Tony McEwen made with regard to the subject manner you referenced were not authorized by, nor reflective of, this office.”

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

I know he’s a fan of Obamacare because he has sung its praises publically and attacked McIntyre for voting against it. He is one of the many liberal advocates of forced wealth redistribution.

As far as the Republican plan, while I am not a Republican, even I know that they have put forth about ten items that would reduce healthcare costs without blowing the national debt further out of control and crippling American business.

You seem to be ignorant of several issues that are well documented on-line and spoken of freely on the nightly news. So why should I be the one to shut up?

• Mmiller says:

Where has he gone public with his position on healthcare? What is the Republican plans that you speak of? Why haven’t they put forth a plan yet to replace Obama Cares? Why? Because there isn’t one.

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

You made the exact same, ridiculous claims again.

Okay, since you’re too ignorant or more likely, too lazy to see the GOP’s plans, here’s a link:

As far as Pietro going public on his views, here’s a link to his facebook page:

Read what he’s in favor of – he’s a typical checklist liberal

Get a job with benefits and don’t look to the government to raise and provide for you. What the government has to give to you was first taken from me and my family. You are not my responsibility to raise. But since I’m paying for your housing, food, medical and cell phone you should come mow my grass every week. At least then I will get a return from my tax money that goes to sponges.

• Speaking of Slander... says:

How has Mike supported the abortion agenda? He’s 100% pro-life and pro-family. Do your homework.

• Guest 1 says:

He was wrong to say that…Everyone knows that it’s Pantano who’s Crazy!

• mmiller says:

Why don’t you put forth some evidence if he is so bad.

• Where says:

Where do I look?

• knowthisguy says:

past employment records, living arrangements & craigslist…. or you could just ask him.

• Mm says:

Thanks for the info. Heard from a good source that he is going to withdraw.

• knowthisguy says:

this guy Pietro needs help. At this point I really don’t care about the politics, he’s a very very messed up person. Dig just a little into his social/private life & there are some scary things. I get your reference to Pantano & I agree with you that he’s a bad apple. Pietro is a time bomb & needs some extensive therapy.

• knowthisguy says:

this guy Pietro is crazy. The dirt diggers will have no problem showing this guy is very unstable & replete with some serious issues.

• DUPE says:

He hasn’t murdered anyone.

• truth seeker says:

and you think that Mike is sane?? a man who quotes the bible then supports Obama and his abortion agenda to spend 330 million dollars killing innocent unborn babies.. yea Mike is sane,, NOT!!!

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

That alone proves that he’s either nuts or wants to intentionally destroy healthcare in America.

So which is he – crazy or inherently evil?

• Mmiller says:

How do you know if he is a fan of Obamacare? What is the Republican option for fixing the healthcare crisis? There isn’t one so shut your hole.

• Mmiller says:

You tea baggers will say anything lol. Why don’t you put up some evidence to back up your claims. Duh

• True Grit says:

Just another typical democrat trying to be a dictator, I guess Obama and Pelosi is rubbing off on Mike. They do not really believe in a democratic process, all they want is to stay in office forever like a demi god

• Loyal Democrat says:

If I had made slanderous comments to a news reporter about someone who was a public figure, my boss would have fired me. If McEwen’s remarks are not reflective of the Congressman’s office, then Mike McIntyre should do the honorable thing and fire Mr. McEwen, otherwise it gives the impression that he approves of and endorses them. In this case, a written apology is not enough. One those words hit the internet, they are there forever.