THE FOLLOWING IS FROM A NEWS RELEASE SENT TO THE WWAY NEWSCHANNEL 3 NEWSROOM…
Items of interest on tonight’s agenda include:
· Ordinances designating three properties as local historic landmarks:
1. Harry Forden Bridge (former North 6th Street Truss Bridge)
2. Greenfield Lake Park and gardens
3. The former Babies Hospital on Wrightsville Avenue
· A resolution awarding a construction contract for the realignment of the Masonboro Loop/Masonboro Sound/Pine Grove intersection. The project involves changing the alignment of the intersection so that Pine Grove Road flows smoothly into Masonboro Loop Road. Masonboro Sound Road will form a “T” at the intersection and all traffic approaching the intersection must stop. The $734,549.84 project is scheduled to begin early this summer and is expected to be complete by the end of the year.
· A resolution allowing a public market in the city’s South 2nd Street parking lot on Sundays. A portion of the lot would be used for the market, and vendor fees would be established to help cover program costs and to pay for the use of the space in the lot occupied by the market. If successful, it is expected that the public market will be expanded to include other days of the week.