Stove fire damages mobile home


Tags: , ,

Submitted: Mon, 07/25/2011 - 2:07pm
Updated: Mon, 07/25/2011 - 2:08pm
By:

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A fire this morning caused some significant damage at a Wilmington home.

The call came in a little after 7 a.m. Wilmington firefighters found smoke coming from a mobile home off of Oleander Drive. No one was inside.

Firefighters say everything inside had at least smoke damage.

“The fire was started, what we call, accidental, unintended cooking. The occupant actually cooked some breakfast before he left and thought he had turned the stove off,” WFD spokesman David Hines said. “He said the stove had a malfunction. Even when you turn it off it doesn’t always cut the burner off.”

The total damage from the fire is estimated at about $7,000.

Leave a Reply