6 Comments for this article

Tags: , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — When you buy a product online you don’t have the chance to get a good look at it until it arrives. Sometimes, what you get is not what you expected, but that doesn’t mean the company is at fault.

Rick Pasour has an amphibious all-terrain vehicle he uses for search and rescue missions with CUE, a Wilmington organization that forms search parties when someone is missing. “I was trying to give my vehicle a little of an upgrade. On the outside it’s a little rough condition from the years it’s been used and I wanted to give the outer body like a facelift,” Pasour said.

He went online to “Camo 4 U Enterprises” to order a permanent vinyl kit for his ATV. Pasour says they first sent the wrong color so he called to get it exchanged. “He sent me a label ups and I sent it back and in about a week or ten days I got the new material.”

Pasour says he then took the new kit to a sign shop in supply to get the vehicle wrapped. “They said this was not high-tack so they wouldn’t even touch it.”

Judging by what the sign shop told him, Pasour thought he received the removable vinyl by mistake since Camo4U sells both permanent and removable vinyl. He needed to return it for a second time but says they never sent him a return label.

We contacted Camo4U Jim Clinton. Clinton says Pasour bought the kit in September and didn’t notify them about the color mix-up until May. Even though they have a 30-day return policy, they still exchanged the vinyl as for whether Paysour got what he ordered this time.

Clinton said, “Based on what our records show, what his packaging shows and the back of the material, he did get the right material.”

So why would the sign company think otherwise?

“Unfortunately it sounds like he took it to a place that didn’t like that kind of material. Typically what they’ll do is say whatever material they have at their sign shop that’s he best material and that’s the one you should go with,” Clinton said.

Clinton says it’s pressure-sensitive vinyl meaning it wouldn’t seem sticky at first. The adhesive is activated as it’s applied.

So there’s no reason for the vinyl to be returned. It’s a sticky situation that has now been smoothed out.

Comment on this Story

6 Comments on "TROUBLESHOOTERS: Who’s at fault for wrong online order?"

Guest55
2015 years 8 months ago

I think you should have thought before posting.

Das Weibstück
2015 years 8 months ago

No such thing. Vinyl is nothing but a sticker hence it can be peeled off. Paint is permanent. Think about it. Why wait for a return label for something they don’t even have?

Guest
2015 years 8 months ago

well i’ll tell ya the wrap only lasted one day when i pulled my aatv back out to check on it just about all the camo wrap had come loose. I had cleaned the body very well but still it didnt work well. You were lucky to get a good wrap for your project cause i sure didnt. Richard

Guest77
2015 years 8 months ago

We have been dealing with Camo4u for several years. They run a first class operation and their camo vinyl is the best out there.

Guest461
2015 years 8 months ago

I was very cautious and skeptical at first, but have come to trust online ordering for the most part. First though, one should thoroughly research what he/she wants to purchase. Know all of the facts and attributes up front. If you have questions, find the answers before placing an order. I have ordered many things through Amazon, which has an excellent return policy. I haven’t had to use it yet. Amazon has consumer reviews of it’s products which can be very helpful if used with common sense.

If you know who you are ordering from, know their reputation, know exactly what you want, you will usually wind up very satisfied. Everyone, including companies, can make mistakes, but if you deal with a reputable one you will only be out of a little time.

I’ve saved a lot of money on quality products, taxes and shipping costs by ordering online. It’s not the perfect deal for everything, but now it’s the first place I look for anything over 10 dollars.

2015 years 8 months ago

Spoke to jim Clinton over phone to order real tree apg rally stripe for my truck…..both agreed on 24″x 84″ vertical scene…..Stripe to go from back of tail gate to within 12″ of front grille on hood…..he reassured me the order could be filled and would have in a couple of days….Ordere 8-9-12..Well got in couple of days as promised but scene was horizontal and not vertical…Blamed it on the shipping people and for me to return and order would be corrected….HHHMMMM, ok…well after 4weeks, 9-13-12, and many texts, calls and emails unanswered…still have yet to receive product……NEVER AGAIN…when website says Darrel Mathews says to mention name for discount……DON’T….DIDN’T HELP::::