Hurricane Expert George Elliott helps track Emily

Tags: , ,

Submitted: Thu, 08/04/2011 - 11:25am
Updated: Thu, 08/04/2011 - 9:14pm

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Nobody has tracked more tropical storms and hurricanes here in the Cape Fear than former Chief Meteorologist George Elliott. As Tropical Storm Emily heads toward the United States, he lends his experience and expertise to the WWAY StormTrack 3 Weather Team.

See where he and Chief Meteorologist Jerry Jackson think Emily is headed, each night on WWAY NewsChannel 3 at 5 and 6.

• IamAwake says:

Charlie was a mild wind & rain storm by the time it reached the Wilmington area. If you consider any part of Charley “devastating,” then you’d better be way the heck away from the coast if we ever get another Fran, Floyd or heaven forbid, worse.

• jake says:

i feel a whole lot better knowing that george elliot is keeping an eye on emily. just to refresh some peoples memory, when hurricane charley hit here back in 2004, george, then on another local tv station, said during the eye that “the worse is over” and the back side would not be as bad. well, the back side was worse. it was more devastating than george predicted. his hurricane predictable record is questionable. sorry, george, i am sure you may be a nice guy, but that was not one of your better moments!

• George Fischbeck says:

Meteorologists and weathermen have it made. I wish I could have a job that pays me to be about 65% right all the time…

WRONG…While Commonsense and I do agree sometimes…sometimes we don’t…and I not be him…unless you have some money for him…then..I’M HIM…

what your sayin’ is that ANYBODY can be a Meterorologist?

• guest111 says:

AND GUEST, 7969, IF YOU LIVE ON THE COAST YOU ARE FULLY AWARE THAT HURRICANES HAVE A MIND OF THEIR OWN. THE BEST YOU CAN PREDICT IS WHAT THE MODELS SHOW. THAT’S WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE PREPARED. I, TOO, BET YOU ARE A DRAG TO LIVE WITH.

• guest111 says:

HERE WE GO. I THINK THIS IS COMMONSENSE…. POSTING AGAIN UNDER YET ANOTHER NAME. IGNORE HIM. HE IS A TROUBLEMAKER

• Stanky says:

George is the MAN! No one around these parts has been through so many storms and he has been an excellent meteorologist. His knowledge and experience can only add to WWAY’s already great news team. I hope he does more weather. A welcome addition.

• Guest 4545 says:

Real good to see George doing what he does best, talk about the weather. Jerry is good but George is “the big dog” in southeastern NC.

• guest111 says:

Jerry Jackson is a great weatherman but, WELCOME BACK GEORGE!! I WANT TO SEE YOU ON TV IF IT HITS. YOU ARE SO ENTERTAINING IN STORMS. CAN’T WAIT! Get that coffee ready.

WWAY is super lucky to have George Elliott! No one else forecasting the weather on television in Wilmington has more experience than him! Deff tuning into WWAY for those updates!

From a guy who forecast a hurricane that WOULD NOT hit us…only to come on at like 2am ringing the church bells that..HOLY CRAP…its coming directly for us!

Meteorologists are a JOKE…not just Elliott…ALL OF THEM!

Wow… seriously Guest 7969.. I bet your a hoot to live with… sarcasim

Meterorologist DONT control the weather.. they just help in predicting its nature, path, etc… they are not God… they are human like we all are, we all make mistakes… you really need to relax…

• guest111 says:

SAW GEORGE ON THE 5:00 WEATHER WITH JERRY. WELCOME BACK!!!! YIPEE

I HOPE WE HAVE A STORM JUST SO WE CAN WATCH GEORGE ON AIR. I HOPE THE “OTHER” STATION KNOWS WHAT THEY LOST!!!

If George is doing the weather, I’m watching! He’s good, all meterologists do the best they can with the tools and expertise they have! Jerry does good too!

• Guesta22222 says:

No one can HYPE the weather like George Elliott. And his abrasive personality–sickening.

• Jan Lichtner says:

So very glad we have George Elliott watching the storms for our Cape Fear area. He is the best there is in these parts and I already feel safer knowing he, and Jerry too are, “at the helm”. Geroge….you are the greatest – thank you for coming back to us!!!

• Levi says:

Our whole family misses George and his unique style. Only he could coin a word like “squally” and work it into every hurricane forecast! We’ll definitely be switching to WWAY for weather this season!!