ONLY ON 3: BSL resident claims husband caught in mayor’s vendetta for police department

Tags: , , ,

Submitted: Wed, 09/07/2011 - 3:50am
Updated: Wed, 09/07/2011 - 12:38pm

BOILING SPRING LAKES, NC (WWAY) — One Boiling Spring Lakes resident is simmering mad at the city’s mayor and says she has many reasons why.

Natascha Yarolin says Mayor Richard White has a vendetta for the Boiling Spring Lakes Police Department. She says her husband got caught in the crossfire, and she won’t stand for it.

Yarolin says this is not the first problem Mayor White has had with the police department, and she is afraid if she does not say anything, it will not be the last.

“Everyone’s gonna know what this man is really about and all his skeletons he’s tried so hard to hide in the closet,” Yarolin said. “I’m gonna reveal them.”

Yarolin says she will not stop until justice is served. She says White is corrupt and spiteful, and she has had enough.

“He overstepped his boundaries in his position,” she said. “He has a lot of people snowballed into thinking that he is out for the public, for the citizens of Boiling Springs, but if you read this, he obviously does not care. It’s a personal vendetta for him.”

Yarolin says when she made requests to the city for public e-mails from the mayor, she was given blacked out copies. When she compared those copies to e-mails she had gotten in 2010, she saw that the section that was blacked out was about her husband and how the mayor did not want him considered for a job with the city’s police department.

The older copy of the messages shows White says Yarolin’s husband Paul has a criminal history and that the city didn’t need any bad press. He continues that Paul Yarolin has a probation violation, so he should not be considered.

Yarolin says her husband has never had a probation violation and that he was even cleared by Training and Standards in Raleigh to serve as a police officer anywhere in the state, so the mayor’s reasoning is hollow.

She says the mayor continually tries to attack the police department, from attempting to get the police chief fired for misusing his vehicle to stating that the department misused funds. Yarolin says this is the icing on the cake. She says White is abusing his power as mayor, and she will work until something is done to stop it.

“I came up with all of this in a week. One week,” Yarolin said. “Imagine what I can do in a month, ’cause it’s there. I’ve already got phone calls out. It’s there.”

Yarolin says she is going to the Boiling Spring Lakes City Council meeting tonight to confront the mayor and pass out information and documents she has found.

We spoke with Mayor White by phone today. He says he has nothing against the police department and is not aware of the issues with Yarolin and her husband.

We are going the meeting tonight and plan to speak with the mayor.

• g2 says:

Everyone Is always worried about the he said she said! And I understand this is just politics in general, But really this is a small area that’s nice and quiet. Everyone for the most part gets along and minds there business. So why don’t we focus on who is going to put the effort in to improving Boiling springs and whats best for all the people living in this community. We are all human and have dirty little secrets, I am not much of a voter b/c of this kinda stuff right here!!! This nonsense that has nothing to do with the issues at hand. What are the potential mayor’s going to do for the community the spillway to save the lake that is boiling springs lakes, lower taxes etc.. I don’t know about everyone else but I want to know who is going to make the decision that effect my pocket. Not who has a criminal record and couldn’t get a job as a Boiling springs cop, and who told lies on who. I really don’t know what the situation is and none of us probably ever will know the whole story. Which the Whole police dept. seems corrupt and that really is just sad considering nothing really goes on as far as crime around here, I guess that’s what boredom leads to… poor decision making. It’s a sad world out there and all of you are feeding into this, you are just as bad as this lady plastering signs everywhere!! Please make your decision based on something other then this nonsense. I want to make this clear I am not a supporter of Richard White or Craig Caster but am making my choice based on the ISSUES at hand and the options given. Hope there is someone else out there in this confusion that feels like we are getting way off track!!!!

• Hmmmmm says:

The emails didn’t state anything but the truth, he HAS a record! Has he tried to apply at other law enforcement agencies? NONE will hire because of his record, NOT just BSL. Seems Mrs. Yarolin should have done her homework first. Also seems by some of the comments she is a drama queen and an instigator. If BSL has a problem with their mayor, they should have picked a better spokeswoman than this whiner! Maybe WWAY got it right this time, NOT NEWSWORTHY!!!!

• Guest L.K. says:

Whaawaa and cry cry…..there you have it people! These comments and guest names are typical of the people who vote for mayors and commissioners to run your city of BSL. Not too intelligent, right? Hope you can do better next time…..(not to mention they got rid of a good City Manager!)…….what a shame

• whaawhaa whaaa says:

Hubby does dope. Hubby gets caught. Hubby wants a job as a cop. Mayor tells blind city mangager to check record. Hubby does not get hired. Now, Wify drives the whamulance and you can now hear it all over the county. Whaaa whaa whaa whaa….

There is a reason this is now on page 4 or 5 of the news. No one cares about the crybaby that is having to live with his and now her own doing. The only thing that is really a shame. The guy just may be a pretty decent guy that got caught years ago and now ‘wify’ has made sure every person in the county knows about his past. That does not change the fact he should have been refused the job. It only changes everyone now sees the laundry that really did not have to be hung out about him but, his wife did that.

• Why do we have the commissioners? Why did someone have to come in from out of town to “help” hire a new city manager? Why are we getting a stranger in here to help? Nothing against the guy from Raleigh, just a question. Another question…why are we getting a spillway to save the ice cream shoppe from flooding? It is going to raise your taxes TRIPLE people!! There are a lot of things to think about!!! Do your homework, people!!

• Guestcleanears says:

At the meeting you are speaking about a person came from out of town (stated, more than four hours away) to give advice to the commissioners on hiring a new city manager. This person coming to town for this meeting had been known about for some time and planned for this night. At the invitation of our city an coming in before he ate supper, the mayor announced he was taking him to dinner. This certainly was not running out but treating the out of town guest with the respect he deserved for coming in the first place. If you are going to write these complaints, please write the truth and not just simply make up stuff as you go along.

Give us at least a hint. Does Jack Diddley work for the city?

• Guest says:

Jack Diddley went to Woodstock and watches Austin City limits in his spare time.

• Sarge says:

Does Jason Collins still work as a cop with Boiling Spring Lakes?

• Geoaware says:

L.K., while you are remarking on “smarts” how about making sure the lady finds out Boiling Springs is in the western part of the state and she resides in, Boiling Spring Lakes and not Boiling Springs. It is good to know where you live so if you get lost someone can help you find your way home.

• GuestLee says:

Jack Diddly (Squat), a.k.a Diddly Squat – the equivelent of nothing; something that amounts to nothing.

• Guest says:

You will see and time will tell that Jack Diddley is behind all of these reindeer games.

• Guest L.K. says:

Wasn’t aware that was happening!! Where was it printed as “Boiling Springs”? Hope it doesn’t cause her a lot of problems! Can’t be too careful these days, can ya? Thanks for bringing it to my attention, friend! I will clear it up as soon as I can find her! Think she might have gotten lost! Oh no! I think we are too late!!
    Just joining in the humor you all like to share……

• Where's the answers says:

All of your have given this girl so much heck about standing up for what she believes in. Where was Richard white tonight. That’s right he left and didn’t answer any questions! I think if he had nothing to hide he would have stuck around to answer the questions. I believe these people when they say it’s not about the job or money. I think it’s about and injustice but not only with them but so many other people and employees. Their heart seems in the right place but no one is actually willing to listen.just look at the evidence she handed out it’s all their in black and white ..

• Guestwhaa whaa whass says:

and here we have a second one! whaa whaa whaa whaa whaaaaaaaaa

• Oh I believe Mrs. Y. did her homework! She has it all together! If you had done YOUR homework, you would know Mr.Y is already employed as a law enforcement officer! Cleared by the state to work as one. No we can not predict the future….but we can dig up the past and that is exactly what is happening to prove your Mayor needs to be called on some of his actions. If being exact and doing your homework is what you call “drama”, call it what you want. There is no better spokesman than the one we have. To start with, no one had the “guts” to come forward! Tell me something…..if WWAY didn’t find this “newsworthy” what are we doing on this site? It IS the news we are on here and so was the interview….are you not aware of that?????
    Good thing you said she is an instigator. If you had said alligator, White might shoot her. (heard about that a while back)

• geo-aware says:

L.K.
    Go to the top of this page and in the green box you will see, “video”. Click there and you will here the first and origional news story where she clearly states, “Boiling Springs”. So no, it was not printed anywhere. It came right from her own lips. Now that you know and when you find her, you can as you say, “…clear it up..”

• Guestcrycrycry says:

The whambulance! That is too funny! ROFLMAO! But true.

• Guest says:

Guess since there was NO follow up Mrs. Yarolin’s 3 minutes of fame is up!If this was not all about her husband, how about enlightening us on some of the other facts. Also the mayor is an elected official, the people put him in, the people can vote him out! How many terms has he served?

• geo-aware says:

Of course I should have typed ‘hear’ instead of ‘here’. But I caught and now have corrected my own error.

Who is Jack Diddley?

• I don’t know! Did he plant the weed on him? He has done worse sneaky things and never had to answer to them!! Huh!! You have a valid point there….and I’m not talking about the one your head comes to. And thank you for your input, commissioner.

• Guest says:

what about the girl who fundraised that money for police and the mayor claimed that the police were using that money illegally? hes out against those police officers because he was forced to resign hes a dirty man

• Much more important issues do not make this less of an issue!
    See you in the clouds!!

What about the citizens that he is suppose to represent, are they not more important than someone here being paid. I dont think the out-of-town hired help would have mind if White took care of town business first Charlie…. What respect does he deserve… I think the citizens that pay the taxes deserve more respect. I think White just ran likes he always does when confronted with the truth about him. We should rename him Mr. Chicken.

• Know what? I think part of the reason this is on page four now is because of the upheaval in the Leland Police Dept. taking a lot of necessary space in the news. Was the blind city manager their city manager, too? Fill me in….I don’t know if he was or not….did this guy have a record? I don’t know….I haven’t been reading about it. You seem to know a whole lot more than I could ever hope to. But this will all be back to page one I think! Maybe I’m wrong. One thing I am sure of and not wrong about is the Yarolins are good people doing good for their neighbors and the citizens of BSL. Wish I could say the same for everyone!

• Guest L.K. says:

Good boy! So what is your opinion on the whole matter at hand now that we have gotten past the typos and stuff? Do you think she is right or wrong? Let’s hear it, friend. (Actually, let’s see it) I am all eyes!! I think we all need to rethink what is best for BSL and unload the people who cheat and lie and rob, don’t you? I know this wasn’t a political thing she was doing, but as long as it is almost election time, it should make some people think differently before they vote again! I am ever so serious about it! BSL could be an awesome place….we need more businesses, not to raise taxes to the extent they will raise if the spillway goes through, and someone in office with the city and the people in mind, not there just to “get even” with the police!! That is my honest opinion….let’s see yours!!

• Guestcleanears says:

Since you do not have even a clue on the facts I will try to help you out.

The person from Raleigh is a paid professional that works for a group the city belongs to. I can not remember what the group name is but it was announced in a previous meeting and it was also announced this professional help comes free as it is part of the dues the city pays. So, your city, if you actually live in BSL had a professional personnel manager come in, at no cost to the city, at the invite of the city, in order to help the council with any questions they may have. Council did this. Good for them and good for the city. So, no tax money went out and by the way, there is much more going on in this city and much more important issues than the rejection of a candidate for a police officer’s job, because of his admitted criminal past.

Oh but it is election time! But “they” say this has nothing to do with politics. Yeah right! Pigs Fly, too!

• Guestgottaroach says:

My, my, the little girl is all upset that her hubby did not get a job as a policeman in Boiling Spring Lakes. According to her it is all the fault of mayor, Richard White. From what she released to the media he did not get the job because he had a criminal record for one and the mayor told the city manager about it for two. If my city manager is too stupid to find this out on his own or if he just wants to overlook it, I have a problem with the manager, and not the mayor. But wait! Did mayor White ‘plant’ the weed on the man all those years ago? Does the plot thicken? No, it is just whiney little babies that feel something is owed to them. My God womam. Just how much simpathy do you think you are going to get while you go out and tell every person that has a TV, Radio, Computer, or reads the paper, “my husband has a drug conviction on his record and that mean mayor White told the city manager about it and then my husband did not get the job.” I can hear the blues being sung right now, “Nobody knows, the trouble I’ve seen….”

• Well, let’s see. I think I would ask you first if you took any of the handouts from the meetings on Tuesday and Thursday. Seems to me there are other issues in there. I haven’t read through all of the papers, but I do recall seeing one in there about MY husbands “run in” with him. ( ordeal is a better word). First step is to take the handouts, second step is to read the handouts and the final step is to THEN voice an opinion.
    Yes, you are right about the voting in office and out of office, but this is not a political thing, either. Mrs. Y. is trying to make things right for her husband, my husband, and many others who have been attacked many different ways by Mr. White. It is time he is revealed for who and what he really is! He is not to be trusted in OR out of office and Mrs. Y. has spoke with a lot of people about a lot of different ways he has proven this. If some of those people had been brave enough to report him, he would have been charged with attempted sexual abuse among other things! Perhaps even imprisoned for a time.
    One might think all I have to do is sit and write about this, but that isn’t the case here. We were wronged by this person and I am going with this because Mrs. Y has opened a door for us to carry out what we started about him in our own experience with him. Thank you Mrs. Y.!!!!! She has opened a door for many of you…walk through it, people!
    I think the new vote is coming this year to answer your question.

• Guest l.k. says:

Good grief….yes, you are the second one, but we don’t hold it against you, however, if you have nothing intelligent to say, why are you on here?You must work next to the mayor….or ARE you the mayor? Could be Charlie, tho. Jack Diddley? You and your stupid games! Grow up!

• I Wonder says:

I wonder if he got the job we would be hearing any of this.

I think not. This smells alot like Curtis had a hand in this.

• Guest says:

Jack Diddley is a Catfish Farmer. Jack Diddley likes fried catfish nuggets and hush puppies with a side of slaw. Jack Diddley dips his hush puppies in honey butter. Jack Diddley goes to all the town meetings.

• After this is over and all of his shortcomings are public knowledge, will the mayor be singing a new version of the song you quoted? It could be called “Nobody knows the trouble I’m in……”. I wonder.
    Our Ms.Yarolin isn’t looking for ‘sympathy’, sir. She is looking for justice. Not just for her husband, but everyone who has been wronged by this man while you sat right there with him and watched it happen.
    Shame on you.

• What are you talking about??? How could she ruin his chances when your wonderful Mayor has already done that? He has a job and isn’t afraid to work like some of the welfare people…his goal was to be a policeman who helps and protects people and was certified to do so! Too bad for BSL your Mayor is a coward and jealous of him!! As for his wife…you who won’t return to Brunswick Forrest if she is there, shows what YOU can do in an uncomfortable situation! Maybe there is room for you to stand behind one of Whites buddies with him!!! Further more, if she had her own tv show, you might do well to tune in….

• Guest says:

She needs to stand by her man… And let a lawyer do the talking. She makes Roseanne look like Princess Diana! I feel so embarrassed for the husband. Let it go lady, if you care about your husband then shut up, and let someone with a college education talk for him.

• Guest says:

It’s black and white… Times are tough and you have more people than ever applying for the same job. When I’m hiring someone I throw out the people with criminal records. That doesn’t mean people can’t change, but why should I punish the other hundred applicants who don’t have a record?… It’s not personal just business, and if she loves her husband she will stop embarrassing him. In the interview he looked like he was moving his lips like he wanted to say something, but she wouldn’t give him a chance to speak. With interviews like this no wonder everyone thinks Brunswick County is nothing but a bunch of hicks.

• Which do you believe?….Richard White or black and white? It is all on paper in black and white….the husbands charges being dropped and Whites actions! Take the copies, cowards, and stand up and face the truth……

• non believer says:

Understand everyone when you try to work for a law enforcement agency. Your application can be rejected for any reason. It is there discretion. Fail a poly your done fail a background your done. Have crap in your background they don’t like your done. Say the wrong thing in a interview and your outa there. So he didn’t get the job because of his past tuff shat. Shut up and move on. Grow up already.

• Guest says:

Actually for all of you who already think they know everything . There was alot more to the interview and he did speak I watched them give . But the news reporter only have a short period of time to get the story out there . They chose to go with statements she made.. Why is no listening to the issues. It’s not about if her husband did or didn’t get the job and for what I understand it was an unpaid position it’s about what Richard white did and has done to many citizens . And this is the very reason everyone else is to afraid to come forward . Just listen to the facts before you are so quick to judge.

• Guest says:

Jack Diddley wants to run for council.Jack Diddley has connections.Jack Diddley designed the dam for Boiling Spring Lakes.Jack Diddley drives diesels.

• Guest says:

Yes, it’s in black and white. Richard White would not hire him because of his background. Whether the charge was dropped or not, it is still on his record as him being charged with it. Either way, many departments require a lie detector test and can decide to not hire a person based on their background if it contains drug use/selling amongst other things. Even if the charge was dropped, it could still be means to keep him from getting hired as it obviously did. So what’s in black and white besides the fact that he has a record and was not hired? Casey Anthony was cleared of murder charges…does it mean she was not guilty? Who knows. Does it mean it could keep her from getting a job with a reputable company? Certainly! Joe Dirt with a drug charge could most likely not even get hired at companies such as ADM or Progress Energy–do you think he would get hired on as a Law Enforcement Officer? Well, the case proves..most likely, not!

I would be thankful for a job. If there’s so much more to it, why is it not out by now?

• Guest says:

I agree. It’s so much harder to get a job right now and with a criminal background of any sort, you can almost forget it!

• Guest says:

She seems like a class act… Why is she doing the talking? If he feels that strongly about it wouldn’t he have a lawyer for defamation? Unless, she is a control freak, that loves attention. Does anyone else think the song “REDNECK WOMAN” by Gretchen Wilson should be playing in the background? Why would this poor guy want to position himself as the laughing stock of the department now after being humiliated by his wife?

• grrrrr says:

He is definitely one of the (GOOD OLE BOYS)… He has been known to be shady in the past and I don’t think he has changed… If I’m not mistaken he is one of Jon David’s puppets now…

• Guest says:

It’s in the nature of the job…sure he can get hired doing something else but going into a law enforcement position isn’t as easy to do with a misdemeanor drug charge. Yes, mistakes happen and people learn from them but just because you do, it doesn’t mean you will get hired by certain companies with a criminal record. What’s the big deal? If her husband couldn’t get a job before now, he certainly isn’t going to be able to get one in Brunswick County after this. And skeletons in the closet? A criminal background check conducted on the husband revealed his skeletons-why complain because he wasn’t hired? Pick yourself up and move on. If it’s just Mr. Right discriminating then why couldn’t he be hired on with another Brunswick County department?

This is just bad publicity. It looks bad enough complaining about not being hired due to reputation/background but when your wife has to do it for you, it’s even worse.

Who is Jack Diddley?

• Janice says:

You must be retired or just an idiot! Us in the working world have
    To keep a job,would u stand in front of the camera and call out the mayor
    Of a small town who thinks he is highly connected to the local da and
    District court judge?? Good for this lady…takes a lit of gumption
    To stand up To the local good ole boy. Talk about a redneck…lets talk about
    Richard white! I have met s lot of redneck women in bsl and this woman is not a redneck!!!

Well I really like how Richard White handled the public forum last night. He tucked his tail between his legs, like he always does when he’s confronted with the truth about him, and ran like a scalded dog. He laughs and jokes when he’s slinging the mud, but don’t think he is man enough to stand in the way when its coming at him. The people Of BSL need to really look into the man himself, sure he will assist you when he thinks he can look good, but don’t let adversity come your way. He will throw his mother under the bus to keep from getting caught up in anything that will expose his past or the things that he has done to people that have crossed his path to his 5 minutes of fame. Ms. Yarolin has the right to confront him, not only for her husband, but all people who have been are wronged. Some people dont like what is being said about him, the truth really hurts, but it will all come out and its about time.

• Guest says:

I think a more fitting song would be STAND BY YOUR MAN by Patsy Cline. I would not imagine the husband being “humiliated” at all. Some people are rather quiet and reserved while others are more open. I’m sure, being that he was there during the entire interview with TV-3, if he had any objections to anything that was being said, he wouldn’t have appeared beside his wife. I know if my husband were the quiet type, I’d go to bat for him if I felt he was unjustly treated. And in this case with Richard White abusing his authority and defaming someone’s character, why, you betcha I’d do something about it!!!!!

• Guest says:

If I am not mistaken does she not work at Brunswick forest….If it is I would take this with a grain of salt. She always seems like she has something to complain about. From what I have witnessed she is rude and the reason why I have not gone back.

• Actually I don’t think of the song you quoted, I think of the oldie but goodie from Tammy Wynette titled “Stand by your Man”. Funny we see things so differently!

• Guest says:

I’ll take ignorant, controlling wives, that emasculate their men for 500 Alex!… If they have some perinent evidence, the southern Snookie is going to ruin his chances. Thank you WWAY for the entertainment! Get her a TV show ASAP!

• Just Saying says:

Guest666,
    I guess you have never had someone stand up for you. Which is really sad. And as far as her husband not being law enforcement material, you are judging the same way as others. Shame on you! You need to take a look at the WHOLE story. It is not just about the job. It is the other things that are upsetting.

I watched the interview on the news last night. Seems she is the one with her Fruit of the Looms in a wad. he was sitting there keeping his mouth shut, like I suppose she told him to. Really don’t think this guy is law enforcement material, letting his wife handle this for him.

• To each his own…..I am thinking you must not know him as well as you think you do……just wondering. If he attempted an assault on you, would you still trust him?

• Guest L.K. says:

…and the MAYOR walked out on the meeting tonight to hide??? Not much of a man OR mayor! What in the world??? What is he afraid of??? Oh yeah…the truth!!!!

OK, Just Saying, It is fine for a spouse to stand up for the other. However, it this situation, he should be standing up for himself. If he is not man enough to do that, he certainly should not wear a uniform. I just feel that HE should be the one to take the lead and let his wife back him up. I have to say that I fully trust the Mayor and his decisions. I know him and feel that he is very trustworthy.

• Grand Ole Party says:

She can stand up for him, but really I think he can learn to speak for himself. Not much of a man.

no i would not i would’nt trust him anyway. Anyone who protects Curtis Ledbetter AKA Curtis Bedwetter would not never trust them.

• Guest says:

Isn’t Richard White the former Chief Of Police also?

• Guest says:

Why yes he is!! One and the same!

• Guesty14 says:

Wow! He was ejected from the forum twice in one day?! I don’t think anyone is “afraid” of him, if that was true, he wouldn’t be mayor. And I’m pretty sure he thinks he’s THE MAYOR.

• I don’t think I said he was removed twice if you will read it again. And I’m pretty sure he thinks he’s God.

• Guestou812 says:

As you have admitted, 13 years ago or not, the fact is he has a criminal record, period. If the mayor knew this and did not pass this information on to the city before they made the hire, the mayor would have been neglecting his duty! This guy was wanting to be a cop and yes, a cop should be held to a higher standard than most. Same for teachers, preachers, etc., or anyone that by profession is in a place of power and trust. Kudos to the mayor for shedding light on this fact. Further, is is not the mayor that hires and fires and you are not putting that fact forward at all. Last, if this guy has a beef, let him come forward and not silently stand behind his wife’s skirt and also the crowd of politicaly disgruntled!

• Really? says:

“This is not about my her husband”

Lemme guess – Natascha?

• Guest says:

Remember the old adage “people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones?” Everyone has skeletons, if you don’t want yours brought out, move on! Your husband did SOMETHING to be put on probation, usually that disqualifies them for hiring. MOVE to Raleigh,and see if they hire him with a record!

• Grand Ole Party says:

I have known Mayor White for many years, he seems to be an honest man with the best interest of the town in mind. So they don’t want to hire your husband, life goes on. Look else where.

• Look at this person for who he really is!! Some of the people who were handed papers at Tues. meeting didn’t want one and rejected my effort to hand them one and that is ok..it’s their right. Must be you can’t read well through the rose colored glasses. White even violated my husbands right to show his feeling about firing our captain in the BSL police force! He had my husband escorted from the forum!!!!!! Who does he think he is?! We are not finished with that event, either! White had asked my husband to “prove” some things about his bad actions, and when my husband had them all proven, he ejected him from the forum. Hummmm, wonder why…don’t you?! Good grief, people…WHAT DOES IT TAKE to open your eyes? We are not afraid of him…why are you?

• Guest says:

Beware a Wolf in sheeps clothing! Honest man,not so much. A snake in the grass should be considered dangerous…

• SeaMore says:

Certainly seems there is a vendetta against the BSLPD. Look back at the actions the Mayor has proposed from the very beginning of his term. Like the very first actions at his first meeting. These would include actions against the former city manager.

“You walk in the land of the tiger, expect to get attacked.”

Those are some mighty serious allegations Yarolin is flapping her mouth about, with much more to come? I can understand some hard feeliings that her dear hubby can’t land a job on that prestigious police department, but this looks more like some sort of personal vendetta.

Be careful! There are swamps in them parts! People get lost there…

• Get your head out of the clouds!! says:

This is not about my her husband landing a job at the police department. That was just one example of the mayor misusing his position. Did you not listen to the whole story?? I think its about time someone stood up to him. He has done alot of bad things to alot of people but has always had people there to cover his tail. Are you really saying that EVERYONE is a liar but Richard White? Come on now he was was found guilty of being a liar in court!Mrs. Yarolin did not state one thing about Richard White that she did not have the documentaion to back up. Really is all those records lies to?? Come on get your head out of the clouds people!! Her husband isnt trying to hide the fact that he has a criminal record a mistomenor charge 13 years ago. so you are saying that no one can be rehabilitated? no one can learn from mistakes and become a better person because of that. Thats very shallow minded!!!

• Guest says:

Sounds like a threat to me….maybe you should choose your words with a little more thought….

• Just Saying says:

Guest 461,
    Well if you had listened to the WHOLE story you would have heard her say he has a job. And as far as the swamps. Is that from your personal experience? Maybe the prestigious police department needs to pay you a visit. You think this is a personal vendetta? Can you please tell me what personal gain they will get?

Richard White hides behind the people that dont really know him. They dont want to know the truth about him, if they did they would read the material that Ms. Yarolin is trying to hand out. Some of these people want to be in city goverment. Are these simple minded people what we want ? Ones that are out for their own personal agenda? White is the biggest racist that ever walked. He uses the “n” word anytime is is talking about black people unless there is one around that he needs to promote his personal agenda. He is one of the good ole boys, he’s been protected from the public but all the things that have been hidden are coming out. If you listen to him carefully you can catch him in a lie. I don’t think that the things that Ms. Yarolin has was put on his resume for Jon David to see. Did he even look into his background ? I think Ms. Yarolin is very smart, she’s done her homework and it looks like she has a very good case that an attorney might be interested in. Go Ms. Yarolin tell the public whats going on, some might be interested in the truth. Oh yea, Tigers beware, there are people out there you should be afraid to walk among.

it’s one thing to not want to hire him and another to make a character assination against someone…just for the record I don’t know any of the people involved…if I were them, I’d be contacting an attorney for defamation….

• Just Saying says:

OK first off. Let me ask this question. What if this was you? What if someone you loved and cared about was not able to get a job for some kind of misunderstanding? Watched them work hard to make a better life for themselves and their family. Would you not want to stand up for them? Personally I would. Everyone knows that the good old boy politics is alive and well. We have all seen it first hand,if not you are walking around in a fairy tale land. As for as the political games that are played in the good old boy system who is to say who is in good with them or not. You better be careful if you play it, it can turn on you at anytime. Just saying? Mrs. Yarolin is making a stand for all of us that have either been bulled or have had someone bull the ones we love. So either you agree with what she is doing or not, there is other situations that need to be addressed. Do not be critical of what she is doing.
    It is not just about her husband. There are other issues at hand. Read the whole article or watch the news closer. JUST SAYING!!!!