6 Comments for this article

Tags: , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (NEWS RELEASE FROM NAPIER FULLER) — Friends, For the sake of New Hanover County’s future, the time has come for County Commissioner Brian Berger to step aside. I support Commissioners Barfield, Thompson, Catlin, and Davis in urging Mr. Berger to resign immediately. Our elected leaders have important work ahead to find solutions to our region’s economic crisis.

We cannot afford to deepen this economic crisis by allowing constant distractions to persist in our local government.

I became personally acquainted with Mr. Berger in 2010 as we were both candidates in the Republican primary. I was impressed with Berger’s high energy on the campaign trail.

There is no shame in suffering from mental illness, and freed from the stresses of public service, I trust he will get his life back on tract.

We cannot have three more years of such disruption; Berger must resign.

Sincerely yours,

PS: In my race for City Council, I’ve spoken with hundreds of residents in the last few weeks. The #1 question I get from voters isn’t about the economy, but “when is Berger going to resign?” There are more important issues at hand…

Napier Fuller
Candidate for Wilmington City Council
www.electfuller.com

Comment on this Story

6 Comments on "Wilmington council candidate says Berger must resign"

Billie K Jones
2015 years 8 months ago

Events in ones’ personal life can become overwhelming. I feel this has happened to Mr. Berger. I voted for him; probably for the same reasons many voted for Mr. Obama. We wanted a degree of change in our leadership. I have lost confidence in Mr. Berger’s ability to carry out any positive changes. There would be no dishonor in him resigning graciously.

Crista Casey
2015 years 8 months ago

Mr. Fuller, based on your published credentials, you aren’t in a position to diagnose mental illness thus you are relaying information you couldn’t legally have heard from a medical professional (we’re bound by that whole confidentiality/HIPAA thing). Shouldn’t public officials stick to facts and not gossip? Moreover, if you believe there is no shame in suffering from mental illness, then why mention this in your press release as a reason for Mr. Berger to step down? It appears this is an attempt to harness the power of social stigma which is contradictory to your “no shame” statement. Heresay and contradiction are not becoming of a reputable public official.

At least 15 people, in addition to myself, saw Mr. Berger’s exposed arms today. There is no evidence of fresh, healing or scaring cuts on either of his arms.

Commonsensenotcommontoday
2015 years 8 months ago

The police report, wherein Berger SHOWED THEM his lacerated inner elbow and wrist, is a lie?

He girlfriend’s statements are lies?

The photograph he sent her is photoshopped or of someone else’s bloody arm?

It doesn’t take any special training or certification to conclude that any adult who starts whitling on his or her arm with a razor blade as a total nutbag in need of serious help.

GuestLee
2015 years 8 months ago

This is not hearsay…Brian himself said that he whittled on his arms to get Heather to say she loved him, that it wasn’t a serious attempt at suicide, and that he had mosquito bites that were worse than his cuts.

So does that make it more acceptable to you as an OK way for a county commissioner to act? In my book, it still makes him a dangerous person to have in a political office who makes important decisions for an entire county. He’s a volcano waiting to blow. He needs to resign and get professional help.

2015 years 8 months ago

Everybody’s a shrink now.

Guest99x
2015 years 8 months ago

Mr. Fuller has accomplished one thing with his off-base pandering. He has assured himself that I would never vote for him…