NC congresswoman canceled 9/11 appearances after threatening story


Tags: , , , , , , ,

Submitted: Mon, 09/12/2011 - 9:32pm
Updated: Mon, 09/12/2011 - 9:35pm
By:

CHARLOTTE, NC (AP) — A North Carolina congresswoman says she canceled all her appearances at 9/11 anniversary events because she was named in a threatening Iranian state newspaper article.

US Rep. Sue Myrick (R-NC9) told The Charlotte Observer that intelligence sources told her that her name was on a state-sanctioned list published recently in Iran. She
says she didn’t want to stay home Sunday but also didn’t want her presence to endanger others.

Myrick says the list included the names of others, but she didn’t want to identify them. She says she lives with threats every day and that she wore a bulletproof when she was the mayor of Charlotte.

She had been scheduled to appear at 9/11 events in Gaston, Stanly and Mecklenburg counties.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!