Hundreds camping out in Raleigh for tickets to Obama visit

Tags: , , ,

Submitted: Tue, 09/13/2011 - 12:54pm
Updated: Tue, 09/13/2011 - 2:25pm

RALEIGH (WTVD) — Hundreds of people camped out overnight Tuesday for a chance to be some of the first people in line to get tickets to see President Barack Obama.

The President will be in the Triangle Wednesday to talk about American Jobs Act he presented to Congress last week.

He will be speaking at Reynolds Coliseum about “the need for Congress to pass it now and put more people back to work and more money in the pockets of working Americans, while not adding a dime to the deficit,” according to a news release.

The event is free and open to the public.

On Monday night, hundreds began lining up at Carter-Finley Stadium and the NC State Brickyard since tickets are being distributed on a first-come, first-served basis Tuesday morning.

Due to limited event space, the White House said it will only be able to fulfill a limited number of requests for tickets. State students are limited to one ticket per person. Tickets are not for sale or re-sale.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REST OF THE STORY: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8351927

• SurfCityTom says:

He’s coming to promote his jobs bill. No doubt, he’ll have Bev on the podium with him. Maybe Kay Hagen as well. Let’s see if any Democatic Congressmen show up; they’ll be up for re-election in 2012.

The recent Special Elections in Nevada and New York have clearly shown the tide has turned against the White House occupant.

And today’s news noted a poll, conducted yesterday, found 51% of polled Americans oppose his jobs bill and feel it will be a failure.

And that’s before it’s debated in Congress.

I guess his advisors keep their heads buried in the sand.

• Sarah says:

Its a ONE DAY event people! Chill out-you’ll be fine. And is everyone really that upset that they might possibly have to walk a little farther today? Maybe this attitude has something to do with why America is the fattest nation in the world…

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

…the successful but guilt-ridden liberals, the career TANF/Medicaid scammers and the dyed-in-the-wool Communists who support this dolt walk a little further? Why is the burden always placed on those who don’t NEED government to manage their lives?

Stop defending the worthless and those who would destroy America, because if you support Obama you fall into one of those two categories.

Now you can harp on the Republicans all you want to. I’m not a Republican, either.

…they are incessant, they are true and we’ve simply exhausted all new material.

So tell me. Are you still waiting for all of that free stuff to show up in YOUR mailbox or are you still too lazy to walk out and look?

• Guest 16627 says:

Can’t you cousin-marrying, knuckle-dragging, Ron Paul supporting tea baggers come up with something new. These same old posts about Obama are getting boring.

You missed a Bush…

That Zippy can speak better than Obuma without using teleprompters.

• ILM NATIVE says:

How dare you malign Zippy that way, to compare him to Oduma was an uncalled for insult..YOU GO ZIPPY..

• SurfCityTom says:

how is my comment racist?

• SurfCityTom says:

Zippy the skating monkey, I feel you have maligned him. Zippy has a certain level of intelligence and some hand/eye coordination.

I think you need look no further than for a porch monkey born in this country.

I am surprised at one point many may have missed.

This is likely a practice run for 2012. What better opportunity for ACORN to practice bussing loads of entitlement recipients. Today a speech; next time a rally; then to the Polls in November, 2012.

And if he can float his plan through to legalize all of the unregistered and illegal immigrants, he bolsters his political base.

Now there’s a frightening thought.

Raciest much?

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

….before I would vote for Obama.

Obviously you’re not very well off and are a big fan of wealth envy, huh?

• ILM NATIVE says:

Most illegals I have come across in my opnion steal all they can, so why not your name. Well welfare ,free medical for their illegal wives, girlfriends, kids etc.included.

• Guest says:

The point being (sigh) are we all now our brothers’ keepers? (sigh)PS (could apply to any or all HUMAN being(s)- grow up, our country has been, is in, and will continue to be in crisis regardless of who is in office–bring it to a higher level, e.g. be a part of the solution–not the problem–move forward!!!!

• Guest Lee says:

You’re so right! I brought the birth certificate up to point out that some people will use ANYTHING to “herd” voters in another direction (similar to herding cattle) to convince them to vote for their own candidate.

What you see as a fact, I see as a lie and propoganda. We’re both entitled to our own opinions.

• Guest Lee says:

I do work, and I’ve worked for over 45 years. Only a complete a$$hole would make unjustified comments like yours without knowing anything about the person you’re making them to.

The uncle been here since 1992,your trying to make it sound like Obama got him here while he was President. Obama also didn’t make him drive drunk. The only thing odd is your post.

I take care of myself and my family. My wife and I both work to pay for our expenses and raise our son. We don’t look to others to pay our way. It isn’t my responsibility to help you pay for your children, housing or any of the other “free” goodies democrats like to repay their voters with. If it is my responsibility to “keep you”, I expect you to come mow my yard and clear my gutters.

• Guest Lee says:

We think very few people sensible, except those who are of our opinion.

That being said, don’t let your mind wander, it’s far too small to be let out on its own.

• Guest says:

(Sigh)

Are you through with your tantrum now? Because your silly childish rants are getting really old.

• Guest says:

Very amusing. Did we touch a nerve? Take it down another couple of notches. By the way, who said I am a democrat or that your financial assistance is needed. Awesome response. More pleaseeeeeeee!!!

Go find your helper and let them know you are on-line again. Seek mental help quickly.

I never said Obuma got his uncle here, I asked if it didn’t disturb him that the president of the US has relatives here illegally? That bothers me greatly. Nor did I blame Obuma for his uncle driving drunk.

• GuestLee says:

It doesn’t bother me one bit that he has family here illegally. In fact, I’m here illegally.

• AMLewis says:

You are the one on here acting like a mental midget. Maybe if you worked instead of voting for a living you would have a better understand of life.

• AMLewis says:

Looking in the mailbox for your check isn’t working, it is sponging.

It is too bad if facts scare or disappoint you.

• AMLewis says:

So you now claim it is a lie that Obama’s uncle was arrested for DUI and is here illegally? I will agree with you about herding voters in a direction. Like the mention of all the “free” stuff that the people that actually work and pay taxes are left to foot the bill.

It bothers me to no end the amount of tax money that is wasted on the lazy and useless baby breeding people in the country. Their only responsibility in the world is to make sure on election day they vote for the one that promises to give them the most “free” stuff. It isn’t free, the government doesn’t provide 1 service that isn’t paid for by tax money.
    How was that?

• AMLewis says:

What a total liberal response. Go help others.

• AMLewis says:

More liberal poop. No, we are not our brothers’ keepers. It is your responsibility as an adult to fend & care for yourself. Please don’t have any children, we can’t afford to raise them.

Leaving for WORK now, will check out your latest inane tirade tomorrow. Must be wonderful to wake up every day and spend your time in such a constructive way. Toodles

• Guest Lee says:

Uh…YOU are on here too.

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.

• Guest Lee says:

Facts don’t scare or disappoint me…when I hear them. Unfortunately, I haven’t heard any from you yet. Just insane rantings and ravings by an overgrown blowhard whose opinions are of more value to himself than to anyone else.

• Equality says:

It appears to me that his birth certificate and what guesty brought up are two different items. What does Obama’s illegal drunk driving uncle have squat to do with a birth certificate? You don’t make sense.

• Guest Lee says:

I was referring to the fact that there are still some people out there who keep bringing up Obama’s birth certificate, insinuating he’s not American born and therefore shouldn’t be President. They keep throwing that propoganda out there to try to sway voters. It’s a propoganda thing.

• Guest Lee says:

Hey, you’re the same guy who stole my name! I used to be GuestLee and had to change it to Guest Lee (with a space) because you started using it. Thanks a lot for ruining my reputation! Now that I see you are an illegal, I’ll definitely have to change my name AGAIN…it’s too close to yours.

Then try reading all the words I first posted. I’ll even put them in bullet points for you.
    1) Obama’s uncle was arrested for drunk driving.
    2) Obama’s uncle in in the country illegally.

Which one don’t you understand?

• AMLewis says:

Nobody said anything about any birth certificate until YOU brought it up. What guesty posted is a fact, not propaganda, not a lie or half truth.

• GuestLee says:

That is so sad, you were not smart enough to register the name. How sad for you. Ruining your reputation? You have to have one before it can be ruined.

• Guest Lee says:

I agree. Next thing you know, he’ll be bringing up the birth certificate issue again….

I have both a life and a job. Did you get your Obuma ticket yet? I hear they will pass out free stuff if you can prove you voted for him multiple times.

So president chuckles having relatives illegally in this country doesn’t seem to disturb you? That doesn’t seem odd to you? And driving around drunk must be good in your book. Please go find your helper, your shouldn’t be commenting in public without guidance.

• Guest 16627 says:

Are you one of the “tea baggers” that just want to let sick, uninsured people die, like your idol, Ron Paul? It’s all about Me, Me, Me, isn’t it? How about a little compassion, caring for your fellow man. That moment in the debates wasn’t really a loaves and fishes moment, was it? So if it makes you feel good about yourself by aligning with that scum, then by all means, have at it.

Must be all the democrat supporters that don’t have jobs to go to.

Anybody see where his uncle was arrested for DUI and is in AMERICA illegally?

• Guest says:

AND!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a life! Get a job, volunteer your time and energy in a constructive way. Find someting to do with your time. What a waste of brain cells. God help us!

• Guest 4545 says:

Barry “O” could be standing in my driveway and I wouldn’t walk out of the garage!

And I would tell him since he wasn’t invited he has no business on my property and he needs to leave.

STUPIDITY abounds in Raleigh….I wouldn’t walk out to give him a glass of water on a 100 degree day! Unfortunately…these idiots that are still buying his lip service..CAN VOTE!

…to all of the first time minority voters that are still looking for their free stuff, hope and change. Some people never learn, no matter how hard life slaps you in the face.

In the world of being a boat captain. We have captains that have 30 years experience, and we have captains that have one years experience, 30 times. They inevitably make the same mistakes over and over and over…

Looks like we still have a lot of voters in that same catgory.

• Kevin Bridgewater says:

In 2012 vote for Perry{ Bush 2} and see how far worse this country would be. You idiots amaze me.

• Max Potter says:

My daughter had to pay for her parking pass but NCSU is letting all of the Obama supporters park in her deck for free thus making it impossible for her to park to go to class that we also pay for

• Guest Lee says:

I doubt that one day of walking a little extra further to class will kill her. But if you’re so bummed out, ask the school for a one day credit toward your next parking pass, or ask for a one day refund….no matter how petty that makes you sound.

• anne says:

It shouldn’t be a shock to you that you paid for your daughter’s space and then those coming in to see him are getting to park free. That is what he is about? Taking from those who have and giving to those who don’t or who don’t want to make an effort to have because they are getting it from people like you!!

I wouldn’t want to be a student up there tomorrow anyway. Between secret service and other security, those kids don’t have a chance. The school should have shut down for the day and let the students have a day off. Many of them probably won’t be able to get there anyway – no parking!!!!!!!

Personally, I would stand in line for ticket to see him if there was 10 tickets available and I was number 1 in line. I won’t watch him on tv so why go see him?

• Guest says:

Uh . . . how about some useful information like . . . which highways and roads are going to be screwed up due to Ob’s propaganda visit? Bottom line . . . students won’t be able to get to class and I won’t be able to use the highways to get to work. They will be closed for “the Precious” and hard working people will have to spend more time trying to figure out how to get to their jobs. Info . . please . . . I couldn’t care less about “his” appearance – I am counting the days until the American people come to their senses and say goodbye to this mess.

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

…simpletons and Socialists who support Comrade Obama and his plan to redesign America walk a little further? Her daughter PAID for her parking spot. These freeloading bums are taking what isn’t theirs with the school’s blessing.

So it’s not a matter of being petty – it’s standing up for what is right. You do not take something away from one American and give it to another! That’s not what America is supposed to be about.

• Guest Lee says:

Gee….and I thought it was just showing good manners to your guests.

It doesn’t matter who is in office (or even running for office), they would still do the same. Do you think Perry or Romney would walk a little further either? If you do, you’re delusional. It’s all about security and convenience when any public official (or wannabe) visits.

As I said, if the lady wants to, she can get a refund or credit to reimburse her for the inconvenience of that one day. Personally, I think it’s making a mountain out of a molehill, but that’s just my opinion. Just seems like a little “CommonSense” to me.

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

Making life easy for the societal leeches at the expense of those who pay their own way, no.