Wilmington’s gay and church communities respond to possible new amendment

Tags: , , , , , ,

Submitted: Thu, 09/15/2011 - 3:56am
Updated: Thu, 09/15/2011 - 12:32pm

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY)– North Carolina is one of the last states in the Southeast without a constitutional amendment making it clear that marriage is only legal between a woman and a man. That all might change come May after the North Carolina General Assembly recently agreed to put an amendment banning gay marriage on next year’s ballot.

“For what it means to the families here in North Carolina is that it’s just bringing on discrimination and hate towards them and says that they’re not welcomed in this state,” says TR Nunley, President of Wilmington Pride.

A Wilmington church also reacted to the amendment.

“I think that the church treads on dangerous grounds when we start trying to play God. As far as how we feel about it, you know God tells us to love people and whether we agree with it or not I believe it’s the church’s responsibility to reach out and love people,” says Pastor Daniel Cook of The Sanctuary.

Although it is already illegal for people of the same sex to marry in the state, if this amendment passes in May, it will make it difficult for future legislatures to extend further rights to gays.

Nunley says that might mean same-sex couples moving from North Carolina to more gay friendly states. He also says Wilmington Pride will do all it can to keep that amendment from passing.

“On May 5th we intend to go up to Raleigh, to the capital, to protest against the amendment,” Nunley said.

• Guest Amanda Huginkiss says:

I hate to disappoint you, but when you die, that’s it, game over, end of story. Religion is man’s greatest hoax. All the different religiong in the world, many much older than Christianity, many with completely different ideas about what happens at death. What makes you think Christian beliefs are the absolute truth? The Bible also tells of a boy living in the belly of a whale, and I think we all know that’s not true. Same for the story of Noah and the ark. I’d like to see a boat capable of holding 2 of each animal in the world. Face it, the Bible is man’s greatest work of fiction.

I know is what the Bible says about what will happen to your body when you are reunited with it…I don’t recall a gender change option..if there is one, please point it out for me. You can dispense with the bigot and Hell talk…all I know is that I am not going there…

• sherry says:

This is so absurd. Growing up I never dreamed that this would or could be an issue. It was totally unheard of at that time and it should be the same now. It sickens and saddens me to think that my children are growing up in a time, when we have to ammend a marriage license to specify a male to a female or man to a woman!

To disagree with a homosexual life style doesn’t make you an extremeist. It doesn’t even mean you are a Christian. You can be of any religion and find it disgusting. I am sure there are non-religious people in the world who are against it. I believe it is morally unacceptable and people will fight to prevent it.

You act as if you are being wronged. That your citizenship rights are being violated. You say that we are cramming the bible down you throats. What are you trying to accomplish? It is our rights that are being wronged. We are the ones who have to protect what has always been. That is what is wrong with this country. Everyone is trying to modify what this country was built on and in the process is destroying it.

Call us all the names you like, it really doesn’t matter. Morals are what we stand by and if that upsets you to bad. If I were in your position and marriage ment so much to me, I would move to a state that recognized it. We never recognized it before, why should we start now. Furthermore, I would move to where I felt welcomed and obvioulsy it isn’t here. Some of us are still trying to raise normal children!

• GuestLee says:

I’ll be up there to show my support. We will march until our rights are recognized.

• phillyguy says:

Guess the Republicans did not have the brass to address the real issues like our states education, budget crisis and rising unemployment rate. Trying to come into someone’s home and playing God at $150,000 for the 3 day session is not good government. They decided as a last ditch effort to beat up on the Gays and punish us in some sort of back woods sanction. As a productive and tax paying citizen I find it absurd. I propose that if this passes that NC’s LGBT population refuse to pay our taxes!

• SurfCityTom says:

on this issue. I have my personal beliefs; and they are that, my personal beliefs which should not be forced on others.

But I do note this.

You don’t see many, if any, gays and lesbians on entitlements. They are all self supporting and most likely pay taxes, unless they have an extremely competent and creative CPA.

You don’t read about them involved in crimminal activities — other than when they try to get up close and personal in the head at some alternate lifestyle bar downtown.

So, let them be.

• TR Nunley says:

Thank you to Cliff for using the proper pronouns for me. I am transgender and use male pronouns. If anyone wants to get involved and work towards making North Carolina a state that is more tolerant and accepting, please contact me at wilmingtonpride@gmail.com. We can do this if we all work together. Wilmington Pride will be gearing up for an equality march and rally on May 5th in Raleigh. Wanna Help? Contact me! Thanks TR Nunley.

Gays and lesbians aren’t on “entitlements” because they’re the best interior designers, hair dressers, and makeup artists in the world! Watch HGTV for a few days and you’ll see what I mean. Most of their shows have gay designers who make more money than Rockerfeller.

Not involved in criminal activities? There may be lots of gays who are arrested on other charges, but you won’t get to hear about them being gay because it’s inadmissable in court and it doesn’t pertain to their case.

HATE to disappoint you…but when you get to Heaven…you will be what God meant you to be…what you were born as…a female!…FOR ETERNITY, albeit a perfect female body…that is IF your saved.

YOU haven’t been paying attention…they have been dealing with ALL of those issues since they took office…please state facts instead of liberal drivel!

• Guest Apu says:

Why is it the Republicans make all these claims about wanting smaller government, with less regulations. Then at the same time, they want to expand regulations based on religious principles? In other words, they only want smaller government when it suits them (and their bank accounts). They want more government when it comes to imposing their religious beliefs on everyone else.

• God's gay angel says:

How will you know??? you will be hell with all the other bigots and so-called Religious Right

Boy, you guys are gonna HATE that, huh?

“What makes you think Christian beliefs are the absolute truth?”

And what makes you think they’re not?

Just because you choose not to believe them doesn’t make it so. You’re not that powerful. That’s just wishful thinking.

A lot of the Bible is symbolism, which is impossible for the unbeliever to understand. God gives believers this understanding.

“For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.” Unbelievers will NEVER understand because God didn’t chose them to be able to understand.

You really had to dig deep to remember the story about the boy (Jonah)and the whale, didn’t you? Well, guess what? No where in the Bible does it say it was a whale. It says it was “a big fish”. Through the centuries it has come down to mean a whale because unbelievers have twisted the Word of God. You really should learn more about this book that you are so convinced is wrong. You shouldn’t just take other people’s word for it.

until YOU the *Sheeple* wake up…
    These are “Wedge” issues that affect this Country, OUR Country….
    hear ME NOW, these are WEDGE ISSUES!

Focus on “real” problems..
    unemployment
    Jobs
    Corruption in Goverment
    Blaming someone else
    it’s ‘Different’ this time
    Rules & Regulations, (too much or lack there-of).
    Entitlements

Finally….

Wall Street AND Main Street….

STOP THE LOOTING AND START THE PROSACUTING!

• Hyhybt says:

Funny; I was taught that in Christ there IS no male and female.

• Guest Amanda says:

I’ve got science on the side of my views. You’ve got mystical people who walk on water and part entire seas. And, you’re right, it’s much more plausible to live inside a fish than a whale. That story must be true now that you clarify my ignorance.

In my opinion, people came up with these stories to explain things they didn’t understand. As science advanced, humans understood that there were scientific reasons to some of the “mysteries” that the Bible previously explained.

I choose not to believe the Bible, because it is simply not believable to me. It is illogical, outdated fantasy.

Well said, Guest 461.

Wanting the older generations to hurry up and die so that homosexuals can continue their sexual perversions and not have to feel guilty is sick on so many levels.

There will always be people around who will consider the homosexual lifestyle as being selfish, repulsive, and morally offensive. It’s not just the older generation, either. There are young people who believe the same thing. It will NEVER be an acceptable behavior by society, and the earth itself will pass away before that happens.

…grandeur thoughts of the “older generations dying out” that pedophilia, incest and rape will be acceptable social behavior as well. You never know when you may want to change up, right?

I’m not for government being in the marriage business either, but it’s going to be a cold day in hell, many generations after you are no more than dust before the social majority will accept and embrace your lifestyle.

I’d recommend that you to find a way to achieve some tolerance and get that big, fat chip off your shoulder. Tolerance is invaluable to your cause, anger is destructive to it.

You’re a chicken sh*t. You don’t want to name your company because you’re ashamed of your lifestyle and are afraid your customers will find out and you’ll lose business. Your “loyal employees” are either into your same lifestyle or blissfully unaware of it.

Your “beautiful CA” is full of drug addicts, homosexuals (San Francisco), gangs, etc., just like it is here and everywhere else in the US. CA is no better than NC. You’ve only brainwashed yourself to believe it is. The REAL reason you moved there is because your lifestyle is more accepted there than it is here. Frankly, I wish you had taken more with you when you left. Good riddance!

REALLY..now it’s discrimination by whitey!…I for one CANNOT WAIT until I am a minority so I can take advantage of all the BS programs out there that give minorities an advantage!…COME ON BEING A MINORITY…CAN’T WAIT!

• Challengetheworld says:

You cannot speak on behalf of the entire “gay” community economy. I don’t think any one person can. Nor can you speak on the “straight” economy.

You are wrong, jobs are being lost – due to discrimination. Thats wrong, for homosexuals, heterosexuals, transexuals, different races, ethnic backgrounds etc. Wake up – conservatives don’t control all busineses – neither do all liberals. Its a melting pot economy and some people will turn away from business who accept or don’t accept certain people. Thats the reality.

Umm, like I said my company has relocated to the west coast, I have nothing to prove to you or your proud state of NC. You stay there and suffer the consequences, as for me and my fellow loyal employees (small business)….we’re just fine here in La Jolla, CA. Oh and keep monitoring the job market because obviously you had NO idea that companies are already up and moving. I don’t name names in this chat session, its not worth it nor are your requests. Be happy where you are and I’ll be happy here in beautiful CA. Besides you sound like you’re about 10 anyways. Later ok, and do not expect any further responses from me, I have a business to attend to. A fellow PM sent me this article which is how I found out what is going on over there in your area. Good luck to you!

• Challengetheworld says:

You have the right to feel how you feel and hate who you wish to hate, that is freedom and its clearly intolerance. HOWEVER, he or she has the same right to be with whomever she or he wants. That is none of your business and that is what this is all about. You can not condone it all you want but you also cannot stop it.

Think of someone stopping you from marrying the adult you wanted to marry or not to marry? Kind of a different perspective? You are free and they have the right to be as well.

• Hyhybt says:

WHAT “both ways?” Normally, when people say “you can’t have it both ways,” there’s a clear contradiction involved. Not so in your case, though I don’t much like it that some rush into the conclusion that all those on your side of this are hateful.

• anne says:

You want people to recognize you for what you are and be tolerant for your perversion, but if someone stands up and says that they don’t believe in what you are doing, then they are full of hate. You can’t have it both ways ma’am or sir. When I saw the interview I wasn’t sure if you were male or female until they showed you at a distance. Just because I believe that what you are and what you are doing is wrong, doesn’t mean I am full of hate. It just means that I find it unacceptable behavior and won’t condone it.

• WilmingtonMAJ says:

Why would we be “tolerant” of people who call us perverts? You are intolerant of us, we are intolerant of your intolerance. Whether a gay couple gets married or not has NO affect on anyone other than those two people. You throwing your religious garbage into laws and down our throats affects us. I’m just glad i’m young and hopefully after a few of the older generations have died out, this nonsense will go away and people will recognize that the government should be out of the business of marriage all together.

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

As an American you have to respect the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution.

As long as we tie tax breaks, child custody, probate, and many other issues to a marriage license, you either let them marry (which is ridiculous) or get the state out of the marriage business.

YOU can’t have it both ways.

your breath…if your a Christian..GOD FORBID a STRAIGHT Christian..you must remain silent!!

• Hyhybt says:

Nowhere does Jesus say that ALL marriages MUST be between a man and a woman.

Nor does it matter when creating CIVIL law, as that would infringe on freedom of religion not only for those who are not Christian, but also for Christians who happen to disagree with you on this issue.

• Joy says:

Not only did God say love one another his son Jesus also said that marriage is between a man and a woman, but I guess these gay people can care less on what Jesus got to said.

I don’t think I “proclaimed” to be anything. Even a Christian can point out a liar…

• guest1 says:

For a self-proclaimed follower of Christ, you do not act very Christ-like. Calling someone a liar and an idiot is not going to help you get your point across. Christ reached out to people through love, not through personal attacks.

Jesus used some pretty descriptive words to certain people, such as vipers, hypocrites, dogs, and swine. He also “drove out” (most people assume it was with a whip) all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables.

So Jesus was loving, yes, but he also called a spade a spade.

It tickles me when those who don’t even know Christ accuse Christians of not acting very “Christ-like”, because those people haven’t even studied Christ or the Bible and don’t even know what they’re talking about.

• Play God? I believe God has made it clear on how He stands on this issue

• Jim says:

In the story above one paragraph says that, “Although it is illegal for people of the same sex to marry in this state, if this amendment passes in May,it will make it difficult for future legislatures to extend further rights to gays.” Why should a gay or lesbian have more rights that I do as a straight person. First and foremost I believe the sacred vows of marriage according to God is between a man and a female, not two males or two females. If the gays choose to live that life style let them, but don’t force your unGodly ways upon society. Your lifestyle has brought enough hell upon this earth in the way of HIV/Aids. We don’t need the Courts or the Legislature of our state passing amendments or laws against what this country was founded on and that be God.

• Willie says:

The proposed Constitutional Amendment would enshrine discrimination in our state constitution. Even beyond the obvious harm that would cause to many North Carolianians, and the reputation of our state, exists many additional harms that could quite literally rip families apart.

Learn more below, and please tell other North Carolinians about the dangers of this amendment.

Harm to Families

Did you know that the proposed Constitutional Amendment would strip basic protections from hundreds of thousands of North Carolina families? Vote AGAINST the Amendment to Protect NC Families.

LEARN MORE (http://www.protectncfamilies.org/issues/families)

Harm to all N.C. Children

Did you know that the Amendment not only threatens child custody and visitation laws, damaging North Carolina’s ability to protect the “best interests of the child,” but also increases risk factors for suicide in all of North Carolina’s children? Vote AGAINST the Amendment to Protect NC Children.

LEARN MORE (http://www.protectncfamilies.org/issues/children)

Interfer with Domestic Violence Protections

Did you know that the Amendment creates a conflict with North Carolina’s domestic violence laws that could mean some batterers get out of jail free? Vote AGAINST the Amendment to Protect NC Domestic Violence Victims.

LEARN MORE (http://www.protectncfamilies.org/issues/domestic-violence-protections)

Government intrusion of Personal Freedoms

Did you know that the Amendment attacks even North Carolinians most basic personal freedoms, including threatening hospital visitation, the ability to dispose of a deceased partner’s remains, undercutting basic medical and financial decision-making, even challenging basic contract-building by invalidating trusts, wills, and end-of-life directives, as well as existing child custody and visitation rights. Vote AGAINST the Amendment to Protect NC Personal Freedoms.

LEARN MORE (http://www.protectncfamilies.org/issues/personal-freedoms)

Harm N.C. Economy

Did you know that the Amendment harms North Carolina’s economy by stripping public employers of the ability to provide domestic partner benefits like health insurance, as well as potentially denying private businesses control over what benefits they offer their employees and the caliber of employees they can recruit? And we all know: no business, no jobs. Vote AGAINST the Amendment to Protect NC Business.

LEARN MORE (http://www.protectncfamilies.org/issues/economy)

NC should realize the harsh repercussions this will cause the state during this down time of the economy. Businesses WILL leave and take their jobs elsewhere. This will also effect the cities and counties who now offer same sex benefits like Charlotte and Durham, etc. I have already moved away and have taken my business to the west coast and I personally know several other bigger businesses who are now considering the same since this debate has come up. I cannot mention their names but they are huge corporate companies. For those republicans and others who endorse this amendment, they are sending the state down a dark road. We’ll just have to wait and see. Good luck and goodbye NC!

Mr/Mrs PROUD anonymous Guest310..NAME YOUR BUSINESS…YOUR AWESOME business that left NC and went to the west coast!….I hope MORE liberals follow you..HECK maybe NC should come up with a one way ticket plan to CA…I’d pay to send one! NO business is being lost because of this…NONE..CERTAINLY no jobs are being lost!

We’re SO glad you left! Wish you could have taken much more with you, but we’re hoping they’ll find their way there on their own. We sure won’t miss them here.

I cannot mention their names but they are huge corporate companies.

I’m on a leading investment~Bussiness board, following trends and Declines in markets..
    Please, Do Tell of these *Huge Corperations*?

Market is saying Cali is a very BAD Business Clime,Business is FLEEING,(unless you grow dope), so either hold’em or fold’em, name the Corperations.

—>Shoves Chips all in< -------
    I Call….

The waste of government time is really starting to annoy me. There is no money to support state jobs, state programs and the education system….and we could have either decreases in aide and/or probaly tax increases….DON’T THE LAW MAKERS IN RALEIGH HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO????????

considering the sad state of our budget…why are the policy makers trying to dictate social policy? They should be more concerned with generating income and briging jobs to our state and MOST of all cutting waste…reform medicaid and food stamps, stop allowing people to use and abuse the system b/c they are lazy, not bc they need help.

IMO the last thing they need to be worried about is who is marrying who?

I am so sick of both parties…the republicans go against american ideas of freedom of choice and privacy from governemnt intereference to satisfy the minority of right wing christian conservatives….the democrates wants to spend and tax, with no accountablility….and all any of the policians care about is the next election, not what they are suppose to be doing in this moment which is protecting the state and its residents from insane taxes, corrupt good ol boy networks and ensuring that the people of the state have jobs and can provide for their familes and community.

our founding documents were policies based on religious beliefs…did that cross the line?

• Guest Apu says:

Not explicitly, but when you incorporate the tenets of a particular religion into state law, when does it cross the line the the state is in effect promoting that religion over others’ beleifs?

• Guest Apu says:

No, that’s no what I said. I said that the gov’t is not supposed to establish a religion. And the question that goes with that, is that when the gov’t makes policy based on religious beliefs, when does it cross the line that the gov’t is in effect promoting that religion over the beliefs of others?

Notice all the comments on here of people quoting the Bible to justify this amendment? This laws is based on the religious beliefs of the Christian conservatives. They are trying to dictate NC law based on their Christianity. They are pushing their views on morality into other people’s private lives.

what your sayin is we should throw out those pesky religious documents called the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution…NO WHERE in our founding documents does it say anything about abolishing religion from our government…NO WHERE…it just says the government can’t force you into ONE STATE RELIGION…

don’t recall seeing a state religion setup….

Pastor Daniel Cook of The Sanctuary…..

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV): “Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters, nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”

…just sayin’

• Guest Apu says:

Yes, but why should the teachings of the Bible be incorporated into the NC Consttution? When we create legislation based on religious beliefs, does it cross the line into establishing a State religion?

Looks like everybody’s going to have the big doors slammed in their face.

…just sayin’…

• Guest99x says:

This passage from 1 Corinthians is quite a laundry list of those unfit to inherit the kingdom of God… Hey sanctimonious ones, there’s a message in this verse for you too, you who are thieving, greedy slanderous swindlers….

Since we are all hell-bound according to this passage, I’m kinda glad that the gays are going to be there too. Think of how dull eternity would be without talented designers.

…illegal Mexicans, that our economy would go to the dump and we can’t do without them. Sure go ahead and believe that. It’s a simple yet unrealistic way to justify your lifestyle. NOBODY is indispensable!

If you can’t handle the pressure and want to leave, then don’t let the screen door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha! I’ll take my chances, same with the illegal Mexicans too!

10% +/- (i’m betting 20%) unemployment in NC says you WILL loose your bet, bet it Mexicans or umemployed, it will be replaced, or Be a person, that needs a job, thankfull & willing…
    Baaaa…

“Major companies in Charlotte are already feeling the impact. Gay employees are requesting transfers out of the state which will be costly for major corporations. Several large companies are already exploring shifting their headquarters to states where laws are more gay friendly.” YOU CAN PROVE NONE OF THAT! You sound like Obama..just making stuff up to suit your argument! Plus your an idiot..for every Gay employee wanting to leave this state….20 “straight” employees are willing to take their place…

• JohnBartlett says:

Major companies in Charlotte are already feeling the impact. Gay employees are requesting transfers out of the state which will be costly for major corporations. Several large companies are already exploring shifting their headquarters to states where laws are more gay friendly. This amendment will be a financial disaster for North Carolina and will accomplish NOTHING. Once the US Supreme Court weighs in and overturns these amendments as it did in 1967 with anti-miscegenation laws, all North Carolina will have done is to drive business away. It’s time time the business community in Charlotte stood up to this nonsense before it’s too late. People can hate any group they like but when it destroys business and economy, THEN they’ve gone too far.

• Guest Apu says:

The people that this new republican-sponsored bill will exempt are not green card holders. They are everyday illegal immigrants. The farmers rely on them to harvest our food supply.

• Guest Apu says:

Maybe you haven’t heard, but there are a couple of Republican US senators/representatives who are now planning to introduce a bill to allow illegal immigrants to work in the US as migrant farm labor. It seems that they have come to the realization that our crops can not possibly be harvested without this source of labor. Without the illegal immigrants, our food supply will simply rot in the fields.

• Challengetheworld says:

Are you joking? You are comparing homosexuals to illegal immigrants? Are you serious? How completely dense you must be to think that that is even remotely relevant. Homosexuals, that are born to this country, have the same right to be here that you do – even with your conservative paranoia.

You are right – no one is indispensible. However, I hope most relgious nut jobs will continue to decline. Tolerance is what helps us to live together – intolerance kills us off together. I’m sticking with tolerance – I know you will stick with intolerance.

…that migrant labor has been allowed in the US for decades under the provisions of the government issued “Green Card”. That isn’t illegal. It’s the ones stealing the jobs (by the millions!) such as framing, roofing, boxing and siding…among many others from US citizens willing to work that are at issue. “Migrant crop work” is one thing, what I’m describing and very concerned about, is another.

Don’t forget, they’re getting government handouts, getting free medical care and introducing new US citizens everyday at the taxpayers expense. Not to mention the fact that they aren’t paying their fair share of taxes to begin with. Do you see all of this as a “benefit” to the American People? We can move on to talk of the high costs of illegal alien crime rates and incarceration (again…by the millions), but later.

Startin’ ta ring a bit clear with ya now? It’s not about pickin’ cukes!

“Religious nuts” will never decline. They will always be around, just like homosexuals. To me, one is just as bad as the other.

But you also need to remember that not all Christians are religious nuts. Most of them are really committed to making the world a better place and helping the less fortunate. In fact, without Christians I think the world would fall apart because they are the ones who contribute the greatest to the poor and less fortunate. Wherever there is a tragedy, they are there helping out.

What do homosexuals do besides think about themselves? Most of them are very self centered and into self gratification. To the average person, they seem very selfish and only concerned about their own needs and wants. I never hear of homosexuals helping anyone but themselves.

…you reading comprehension appears to go only two or three words back. Expand yourself to paragraphs, THEN try to go to previous posts to understand what I wrote and why.

Here, let me explain it for you and save you a few years:

The comparison of illegal mexicans was not in relation to queers, it was in relation to the prvious posters comment about the queers leaving Charlotte and causing businesses to crash. The same has been said that if the illegals leave, our country will die.

I’m saying both scenarios are a bunch of bullhooie.

Comprende senior bendejo?

While it is true that there is no New Testament record of where Jesus explicitly stated that homosexuality is wrong, He did in fact condemn the behavior. A careful study of the Bible will bear this out.

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ “and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?’” (Matt. 19:4.)

What did Jesus say about God’s creative work? Did He make Adam and Joseph? Did He create male and male, or did He create male and female? According to this passage, what has been God’s plan for sexual union [one flesh] since the beginning of time? Was His plan for a male partner to be joined to another male partner, or was it for a husband to be united to his wife? According to this passage, is a man to cleave to his male partner, or to his spouse?

Since Jesus was born and lived under the Law of Moses, and since He endorsed the Law of Moses, and since the Law of Moses explicitly condemned homosexuality, then Jesus also condemned it.

• Guest2012 says:

461,
    Looks like you don’t know the RIGHT people. Feeling sorry for you…being so cynical.

Quite a laundry list…because the Bible wants to point out that “ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God”. Even Christians are sinners. But there is also a way to forgiveness if you are man/woman enough to take it, through Jesus, the Son of God. The Bible says Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven. We can’t earn admission by our own works.

Hell is a dark and endless torment. Heaven is a beautiful place with streets of gold. Choose wisely.