10 Comments for this article

Tags: , , ,

UPDATE: A close friend of the family tells us that Gavin Lane apparently committed suicide. His body was found near his home in Shallotte. We usually don’t report on suicides, but since we did a story about Lane missing, it only makes sense to let viewers know he was found.

##########

BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Investigators in Brunswick County are looking for a missing teenager who never came home from a run Friday. Family and friends say they last saw Gavin Lane Friday when he went for a jog at Brierwood Golf Course in Shallotte.

Lane is a white male with blond hair and a fair complexion. He is 5’10” and 150-180 pounds.

Anyone with information should contact Shallotte Police Chief Rodney Gause at (910) 386-8221 or Det. Ed Marti at (910) 279-6466.

Comment on this Story

10 Comments on "UPDATE: Friend of family says missing 19-year-old apparently committed suicide"

Guestttt
2015 years 9 months ago

He’s taller than 5’10, he’s like 6’1

guesty
2015 years 9 months ago

So he isn’t quite 6’1 but he is like 6’1?

Brandon Brodsky
2015 years 9 months ago

I agree Im 5’10 and he was a good 3-4 inches taller than me. Were all praying for you Gavin man. I hope we find you soon brotha

S. Drennen
2015 years 9 months ago

It would help to know exactly what he was wearing. I live right behind Briarwood. My partner saw a strange man running up our street in what she described as “street clothes” day before yesterday, I think. She just thought this was odd…. She runs daily and knows no one else who lives on this street runs. She will be home from work later and I will show her the photo to see if it was the same man..

Guest 1223
2015 years 9 months ago

Well i live in brierwood and just a few days before this boy went missing their was a dog on my street in brierwood attacked by the alligator. wouldhae been eaten if not for hisshock collar, maybe if someone looked into it. i dont go out myself in the negihborhood in fear of the alligators and have requested them out though i get put off.

unknown
2015 years 9 months ago

I will keep you all in my prayers. I hope that God comforts you in every way……….

Sad
2015 years 9 months ago

This is not the outcome anyone had hoped and prayed for. Please keep this family in your prayers. This is so tragic :(

Jessica L.
2015 years 9 months ago

Are you being facetious with this comment? What difference does it make? They found him, his parents are devastated, end of story.

Allison Sutphin
2015 years 9 months ago

No other news outlet has reported that he committed suicide. They say that cause of death has yet to be determined or that he simply was found. If you don’t normally cover suicides why did you feel it necessary to say that, whether it was confirmed or not? All you had to report was that he was found dead. A little sensitivity is in order for this family and certainly has not been provided by your news station.

Guest18
2015 years 9 months ago

I would like to thank WWAY for posting this report of Gavin being missing a few days ago. The story quickly cycled through Facebook and other sites in search for our missing friend. HOWEVER. I am extremely unhappy with the deliverance of the terrible news today. Family and friends, such as I, are distraught over our loss. To read your reporter say Gavin “apparently” committed suicide, and that “it only made sense” to let people know the news, is extremely rude and uncalled for. There is absolutely no compassion or words of sympathy for our loss. I am one of many who are extremely agitated by this attempt at reporting. Thank you for everyone’s help in the search. I hope we all keep the Lane family in our thoughts and prayers. Gavin will be missed. </3