Columbus Co. Sheriff clarifies criticism of DA

Tags: , , ,

Submitted: Thu, 10/20/2011 - 3:54am
Updated: Tue, 06/26/2012 - 2:13pm

COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — District Attorney Jon David has gone through some ups and downs since being sworn in more than ten months ago.

David, who is responsible for cases in Brunswick, Columbus and Bladen Counties was featured in this week’s edition of “North Carolina Lawyers Weekly.” A few strong comments by Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten in that story have stirred up some controversy. Today, though, Batten said some of those comments were taken out of context.

David, who has already been through a battle with Chief District Court Judge Jerry Jolly over traffic court, now faces allegations Batten, who said in the story that David was giving little attention to cases in two of the three counties he served.

In the story Batten says, “I don’t think Columbus and Bladen are being treated quite fairly. I think he just wants to put most of his focus on Brunswick to thank those folks in a roundabout way for putting him into office.”

But Sheriff Batten says the writer only used his negative comments for the story. Batten also says he only felt that way for the first six to eight months in the David administration.

“In the last two or three months, like I spoke to the journalist about it, I think that things have really made a turn,” Batten said today. “I think some of our concerns are being met and looked at, being evaluated and being worked on through the DA’s office.”

In the story, Batten says he would not oppose splitting the 13th Judicial District into two parts giving a different DA to Columbus and Bladen while David serves Brunswick.

“In the beginning I did entertain some comments from some citizens and attorneys and from some of the people in the judicial system about the need for a split district, where Columbus and Bladen would be separated from Brunswick,” Batten told WWAY. “Right now I think Jon needs the opportunity to prove himself.”

David told WWAY by phone that although this situation does not surprise him, he does deeply value the relationship he has with Batten. He also said that the man who wrote the article, Phillip Bantz, did not initially know that he had a twin brother, Ben David, who is also a District Attorney.

When WWAY reached out to Bantz, we got a response from the editor of the newspaper.

“Some people said favorable things, and others said less favorable things (about David). If Sheriff Batten now regrets his comments, that’s fine. But he said them, Phillip wrote them down, and Lawyers Weekly printed them,” Dan Gearino said. “There was no agenda aside from good journalism.”

Batten and David may disagree about that but both do agree that they have a good relationship and look forward to working with each other the future.

“I think he’s got a good leadership team going here in Columbus County, and he has brought some joint, shared, mutual admiration to what we need here in Columbus County, and that’s justice for the people,” Batten said.

• Guest Sailerboy says:

They are thick as honey Edwin and Chris. Whoever you are you do not know Edwin or his family. They have sacrificed much so that Columbus citizens could have better government. You should be ashamed talking about Edwin and Chris. That commissioners job pays no money and it is not wrong if Edwin holds other jobs. He works a bunch for charity too so what of it? You want to take him away from helping people too? He works all of the time and never gets to see his family. This site should be shut down and if Chris finds out who you all are slandering Edwin and his daughter you will go to jail and never get out. Now tell me what you think of that? Hogwash and baloney is all this is and meant to hurt some good people. Most people in Columbus County cant read or right and some cannot even tie their shoes. Edwin sacrifices so much for these poor folks and you should be ashamed. But I will tell you this. He is done nothing wrong and he will be in office until he decides to retire or go meet our lord. It is up to him and not you you red neck Columbus County back woods hicks that complain. If you do not like the Russ family then you can move away. We are hear to stay. Merry Christmas to all. WWAY should be ashamed and only reports garbage and all but about 5 people even watch that trash station.

• Bladen Guest says:

Yeah Yeah everybody knows how to be a Sheriff. Looks like the crooked ones are mad because people are getting locked up. The Deputies put them in jail because the public is complaining and the D.A. dissmisses the case and don’t tell or serve the officer. The crooked lawyers made deals with the crooked D.A. thats what happens. Then u got people like crooked bail bondsman that make deals with lawyers so he can get his money. So how in the world can that be Chris Batten’s fault. I read in the paper that a guy sold a detective drugs and all he got was probation after he had all kinds of drug stuff before. I guess thats all the Sheriffs fault. Lol you people need to get a life. Look at the counties around Columbus all the Sheriffs have got locked up by FEDS!!!!!!!!!!! if Batten was like that dont you think they would get him too!!!!!!!! wake up people

• Guest Linnie says:

If the DA would pay the sheriff of or help him throw a few cases he would love the DA. That is how it is played in Columbus County. Ring ring, “Hello” “Hi this is Mr. Lawyer.” “Oh I was waiting for your call.” “The trial’s tomorrow at 9:30.” “Yep, I see, do you have my fee?” “Yes I do or I could represent your cousin in her divorce for nothing.” “Nope, times are hard, she’s on her own.” “I see I was only thinking about the barter system, times are hard.” “My officer will be sick for the $5,000 we spoke of and he will not show again.” “I’m sending it on over.”
    Next day: Prosecuting witness does not show and the judge dismisses the case. The DWI offender, a local business owner and a supporter of certain campaigns-walks. Now that’s real justice, Columbus County style.

• Michael Wright says:

Sheriff batten is one to comment. He has cost Columbus County taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars with his lies. Just look at the Marva Scott / DSS issue. He stormed into the DSS without a warrant and guns drawn claiming Marva was breaking the law. Absent a a proper court order or any court order for that matter, he claimed SBI told me to do it. The SBI quickly refuted Sheriff Batten and Columbus County taxpayers would latter pay Marva $195,000 while Sheriff Batten posted a public apology. Batten has been sued more times than this for his red neck mouthed comments. So please ask someone other than Sheriff “Thug” Batten to comment on someone like the DA.

• Guesttooneytown says:

I would not be too cocky friend. Just because they have not got Batten does not mean they are not working on it. It took them nearly 20 years to get Sheriff Hewett while Batten has only been around for less than 10 years. Sheriff Maynor was in office for nearly 15 years before they arrested him and Sheriff Hegee was in for nearly 20 years before they hauled him away. One more for you; even though Columbus County Sheriff bill Rhodes was tried and convicted the first time, folks still called him a good and honest sheriff. That was until the Feds came back. So you never know. I voted for Batten but have since learned what he actually stands for. Anyone, you, me or my mom-if they have a problem with changing their stories, telling falsehoods etc, something is wrong. Batten has had problems his entire time in office, just look and see. And no sir, I am no criminal. I am a concerned taxpayer that loves my county and values honesty and integrity. I believe in God and the Ten Commandments. Batten should come clean and ask for forgiveness then resign.

• Guest lucas says:

Sir you got that right. Just because your sheriff has not been indicted does not mean he is not being looked at and or eventually will or will not be. He is a very interesting character to say the least.

• Riki Lane says:

It is a shame that such a shameful man is sheriff. We had a district attorney cut from the same cloth. Now we have a new da and while I do not know much about him, I do know that he is not connected to the likes of Sheriff Batten. That in itself is a good thing. This sheriff has abused his job, broken laws and enforced what he wants to. He helps those connected or those that support him and his friends come election time and forgets about the rest of us. I voted for him when he first ran against Ferguson because Mr. Ferguson had become too comfortable with sitting his office. This sheriff is everywhere, collecting money. Mr. Ferguson was not a crook. This sheriff is not honest clearly. He must go. Give the new district attorney a chance and maybe he will clean up this mess those like Sheriff Batten have created. Maybe he will even clean up sheriff Batten and that is why the sheriff is so worried. The mice cannot have free rein while a new cat is in town. Right sheriff?

• Guest 25 says:

Is that why “she” didn’t want PHOTO ID at voting precincts?

• Guest 25 says:

Hey Linnie, you hit a homerun!

• Robert Mullins says:

This Sheriff and his machine friends like Dennis Worley and the Gores must go. They are clearly mad at Mr. David as he will not let them continue to sweep dirt and take bribes. Think about it. Batten and the local establishment wanted someone local in the DA’s office and not someone that was not previously with the program. I recall 6 past sheriffs of Columbus County. Batten is far more corrupt and far worse than Sheriff Bill Rhodes. Bill was removed by the Feds and I predict Batten will soon be. Only a handful has enjoyed justice in Columbus and it has been the handful supporting the campaigns of Sheriff Batten, Bill Gore, Rex Gore and a few County Commissioners. Batten and his best friends Buddy Byrd(crop fraud and Col Cor thug) and Edwin “sniffer” Russ have got by with way too much. Any DA they have an issue with is a good DA I am sure.
    Columbus Corruption continues under Sheriff Chris Batten. Coming soon to a federal facility near you, “Batten goes to jail.”

• Guest eleven says:

Thank you WWAY for allowing us a forum to expose this crook of a sheriff Batten. The local paper will not give voice to anyone against him. He is a loud mouth redneck that looks down on minorities and women and he needs to be replaced. This new DA, whom I did not vote for, must be a good one, if Batten is against him.

• Pat Henry says:

Ladies and Gentlemen:
    I know what would help. The sheriff and those crooks in power down there would love nothing better than to be an independent and free republic. Those men already run the justice system down their as a completely different system than the rest of the United States. This new DA has committed a crime since he wants to go by the book and follow the laws that are on the books. Look at the new senator. He is already with the program and following the power around, driving it around and agreeing to divide the district. So Jon David, Mr. DA, let Rabon take the lead and follow his call and you will make Sheriff Chris Batten, the judges, Mr. Tyler and the Machine very happy.

• Lupida Moore says:

WWAY you usually report better news. Did you not know about Sheriff Batten’s reputation before you asked him to comment? To have him comment on Jon David’s credibility is like asking the President of Iran, who denies the Holocaust, to comment on building a better Israel. Sheriff Batten has no merit. He has told so many lies and proven that law enforcement can go down the tubes while being bought. He enforces only laws broken against his supporters and friends. He is of the same caliber of the former DA, Rex Gore. He covers up crimes committed by a few of his deputies or at least the ones connected to or kin to his family or his wife’s family. He conducts personal investigations, breaks into homes without court orders (and the DSS building). He uses his weight and his office to bully others around. He is a tool of the Columbus County good old boys and he plays that part well. He is no one to comment on an honest politician. Funny. Thanks for the laugh WWAY. Now let’s get on to some real news.

• Guest Bil S says:

and clean up Columbus County.

• Ray Walker says:

It is good to see that WWAY does not bow to the KKK and the good old boys that run Columbus County. Unlike the only local trash rag, WWAY does not seem to have a problem with exposing the thugs. Thank you WWAY for giving the small people a voice.

• Robert Graves says:

I moved from there when Batten got elected. The only reason he went in was that then Sheriff Ferguson had lost touch with his job. Chris did not have a good name but claimed he was a Christian and Mr. Etheridge gave him lots of money for marketing. Billboards appeared showing a smiling Batten on every corner. The election was so close that he won by 5 votes. There was even a controversy in that there were reports that Batten and his supporters hauled migrant workers who were not citizens to the polls. Ferguson was told by the machine to back down and thus he allowed Batten to go in unchecked and no investigation ever took place. There was a little bit in the news for those of you who might remember. It was clear very early on that Batten had issues. However the only local paper befriended him for some reason and does its best to make him the hero of a dime store novel. The lies he has told, the money he has taken, the false investigations of personal nature which have cost the taxpayers lawsuits and the seized goods that have ended up on the Batten farm all speak to his character. Thank God for WWAY and for allowing the simple honest people from Columbus County a voice. It looks like everyone is now on to Batten and his days in office are finally coming to a swift end.

• Guest1901 says:

Thank you wway tv3 for giving voice to those that do not agree with the way Columbus County is ran. From our courthouse to the government complex to the law enforcement center it is shameful how these few men have had their way. It remains to be seen how this new DA will clean things up or at the very least get things on track and the way they are supposed ot be. I see that the boys are going after him and I pray that he will not bow to their wishes or give up. The county will be much better when Mr. Batten is retired or someone else is elected. Mark Cartrette should run against him or Chief Jerry should or someone that will not take orders from those that are bad. There are few people like James Prevatte Sammy Hinson Mark Cartret Heath Nance and John David. We need more of them in this town so that the small people will have a shot at a better life. God bless you wway tv3 and God bless these men who try to make things right. I know it comes at a high price to them and their families and I pray for them all every day. John David please do not give up. Stay the course!

• Gary Bunch says:

Thank you WWAY for allowing a voice for the concerns which the local paper has hid. Maybe we can move on towards electing some new officials since their problems are out in the open. Brunswick County removed a bad sheriff and Robeson also removed a bad sheriff. Both counties sent otherwise popular men to prison after their crimes had got out. This was no thanks to the local paper in those counties either but WRAL and the News and Observer that broke both of those stories on corruption. I predict that Sheriff Batten and a few more maybe even judges will end up in the state DOC hotel before this is over.God bless you all for your work and exposure.

The Feds are aware of Mr. Batten and his “less than legal” achievements and questionable activities. They have been for somtime now. FYI

• Lucille Benton says:

Mark Cartret and Jon David are not from here or at least Jon David is not. Cartret only moved back after college. My point is this; The folks that have done so much against the corruption like Dial Grey, Jim Maston and Joanne Garrell have worked tirelessly for the last 20 plus years trying to expose this corruption. Now Jon David and Mark Cartret and Triston Patterson come along and wham. Everybody stops and gives them the credit. What have they done besides run around giving press conferences and making the county look far worse than it has in the past. All of thei media is not good. I think these guys live in their san pelligrino world and are mad because they want to take over. David and Cartret are wealthy rulers that will swing the other way. All of the politicians are bad for our area and after 2 terms they should be gone. If the crooks that are in power go away, we will see more crooks. That’s just the way it is. Look at history. Most of us can hardly pay our gas bill while ALL of these guys have nice homes away from here. They leave their offices to go home to their gated communities and do not even think of the rest of us. I do thank Mr. Davis and the others for working against this corruption but they only came in at the right time. so Mr. Davis after two terms and before you become like all these judges and the sheriff and county commissioners, please step down or run for another office.

• April Hollister says:

I happened through that little corner of the world. We were doing vacation and headed to Myrtle Beach. Met this sheriff by happen stance. Seems he had a road check. As an attorney and while waiting in line for my family’s turn, I watched in awe as this big beastly looking man talked down to others. He even made kids and old folks “step to the rear NOW!” When it was our turn I was questioned on my New Hampshire plates. Why was I this far away from home? Had I ever been arrested for drugs? To which I replied, No criminal record as I am an attorney. The big man replied, “Makes no difference, I have put away many attorneys- step to the rear!” I then asked for a supervisor. All of the other officers began to laugh. I am the big dog the big guy claimed. He then told us to have a nice day and handed me a card. It was Sheriff Chris Batten. I later contacted the office of the district attorney. A young lady on the phone told me that she wasn’t surprised of my story and claimed that she had many more calls on the sheriff. I emphatically stated that I would file a complaint or a suit but I wanted to make a statement otherwise. Days later I received a call from Rex Gore who said he was the district attorney in charge. He was kind and nice and apologetic but claimed that the sheriff was under a lot of stress. he went on to say that the sheriff had done a great job and spoke highly of him. I replied that many thought Fidel Castro was a fine person as well. However a sheriff should not go around violating civil liberties and harassing citizens. The conversation went nowhere. I was later contacted by the county attorney named Fowler and received somewhat of an apolology with a promise that the sheriff would receive a “talking to.” I later learned that the county attorney, Steven Fowler, was also let go. So I am not surprised to read that the district attorney was thrown out. Neither do these comments on Sheriff Batten surprise me. He like the former district attorney should go. Rights are nothing to play with. Looks like this new district attorney is causing a stir in the good sheriff’s camp. Good. a Internet search shows many complaints against the sheriff and also shows that one of his men, Danny Duncan was sent to federal prison for violating rights. Again, am I surprised? Not one bit. The media should be commended for allowing comments. It should also investigate Sheriff Batten and his operating practices. Just might find something there.

• Rudy B says:

Look Ma. It’s liar Batten!

• J Etheridge says:

If Sheriff Chris Batten finds out who all you gobble d gook liars are he will see to it you are thrown in jail. You should respect law enforcement better than this and you all should be thankful for his service. This site should be shut down and if I know Chris he is going to a judge and getting an order to find out who you all are. And if you make it to his list you will be put in the jail like the criminals you are. I pray for you and peace on earth. Now stop.

• Julius Warren says:

Those Columbus County good ol boys sure do not want Mr. David as DA. The entire defense bar politicked for Rex Gore then later for Butch Pope. So it does not surprise me that this lawyer’s newspaper is trashing the new DA. And who is this Chris Batten to comment? He has made all sorts of comments since going into office, some even racist. Since getting caught with his slanderous comments and being sued he often says one thing in public and another at the county diner. So this too is no surprise that he got caught running his mouth. You have to know a little about Columbus County to understand Chris Batten. It is all bad. Batten is a name not thought highly of and the only reason he got sheriff was that Jeff Etheridge, the local banker through a lot of money out, as did RC Soles, Mitchell Tyler and Rhone Sasser, a past banker. And it also helped that the sitting sheriff, Ferguson had lost touch with everyone. Any time someone runs against Batten, the Highs with the News Reporter (some other supporters) will run a trash story in favor of Batten and against his opponent. It is all bad in Columbus County.

Some things have remained the same in Columbus County. There, you see, are two powerful and corrupt political machines. One is ran by Mitch Tyler and the other is controlled by Dennis Worley. These captains of crime have their schemes down to a science and make the Cosa Nostra look like a kindergarten. Nearly ALL judges are connected and a few powerful law firms have benefited by thrown criminal and civil cases, rigged juries, fraudulent land deals and you can just about name it. Political activists have been organized to man the poles while voters (some who cannot read) are ferried to the polls on Election Day. From a ten dollar bill to promises of appointments to committees and jobs, these Columbus County power brokers use any tool available. Sadly Old Lady Justice is a criminal in Columbus County and the courthouse has become another platform for a power base. More cases have been decided at 9 p.m. on a Friday and in a bar room or on a golf course than from the bench and in a court room. A few bankers and attorneys like Jeff Etheridge, Rhone Sasser, Dennis Worley, RC Soles, Jim Hill, and ex-judge Bill Gore have disgraced politics and the law practice field. They even went so far as to solicit, endorse and now own Senator Bill Rabon. Never mind Rabon was with another political party, they sensed the need for change-and they turned their hats around and gave it! I can understand why they would not want the likes of a DA who is not from this area hanging around. So what did they do? RC Soles first tried to divide the district and further isolate the power grid. When the press caught on and it was made public that the corrupt Rex Gore might be reappointed to a newly-formed prosecutorial district (just like Rhone Sasser had RC do with the judicial district for his son Doug Sasser), the people became angry(and reached out to the lawmakers) and the idea quickly went away. The plan now appears to be to go after the new DA’s reputation or at the very least to tie him up in litigation, while draining his resources. I believe it is called Columbus County character assassination. Next thing they will do is forge or alter some documents against the DA or send a nice looking lady into the DA’s office and claim some sexual harassment lie. These men in Columbus County will do anything to maintain power and quench their greedy appetite. Roy Cooper has allowed it to foster into a major enterprise this Columbus County corruption. The next governor and attorney general should be made aware of how bad things have become and should appoint a special prosecutor to look into Operation Soccer, the six schools which have burned and the seven stores Rep. Dewey Hill has had to burn. Accordingly the vote buying and graveyard votes should be looked further into.

• April B says:

amen. i agree. he is way too corrupt like rex gore. he should go. vot him out for good!

• Bill Evans says:

So what reason would the sheriff throw these folks in jail? For commenting against him or disagreeing with him? A sheriff cannot simply conduct investigations on a whim and lock up people without a warrant and probable cause. And in the US, even in Columbus County, he cannot imprison those that protest against him. Such acts are welcome in places like China and North Korea but not here. Not yet anyway.

Col. Billy Evans USMC ret.

• Linda Folwer says:

Listen here Chris is no angel but he is a god fearin Christian and he deservs to be forgiven. God said this so you on here hating should be all ashamed of yourselves. I am sure that every body on here hating has told something not true some times in there lives. Chris means well and he has had much too deal with in this county and John Davis aint making it any easier. Butch Pope should have won he beat Rex and he got more county votes than Davis. So tell me if this is fair? Chris is trying to get his life together and move on. Let him be in peace. God is about love. This is about hate. This fancie pants Davis thinks he can come in here and tell us how to live. Judge Jolly shown him didnt he? Chris will show hit too if he keeps on. Chris can lock him up and now wouldn’t thaty be a sight for sore eyes! Merry Christmas! God is love!

• V says:

I have one better for you. While they have begun to do more in “open” court and thanks to the new and honest DA, they simply change the order prior to the judge’s signature or, they go into the shuck in the clerk’s office and destroy the original altogether and replace with an “updated” copy. Corruption in Columbus County knows no bounds. It is very sad that justice is bought and sold every day in Columbus County. The local Bar is itching to get the “new district” they have been promised. Once they push Jon David out, they are told, it will be “business as usual.” Back to the barter system, huh Dennis?

• Guest also says:

Do you not think that those counties you write of started out someplace else? The Feds did not just walk in and haul those sheriffs away. It takes time my Bladen friend. But how do you address the lies that the sheriff has told? What about the settlement that the taxpayers had to kick out while the sheriff had to issue a public apology? How do you explain that? This new DA is “new” and not part of the same old system as the sheriff. So it might take this new DA awhile to get to work, that is, is all of the judicial attacks will die down. The thugs in the 3 county districts really know how to use their positions to tie up time and energy and they seem to do a good job at creating fires elsewhere. You obviously have no problem with putting someone in office and leaving them forever. it is a matter of public record that the sheriff has lied to the public. At the very least, how can he remain an effective player in the justice system? I have named a direct case that you can prove or disprove (i.e. Marva Scott issue.) Now, name me one single specific case to which you refer above. Just saying…

Yes Linnie, sounds like you know Columbus County or at least have an inside story on the justice system in Columbus County.

• April Worrell says:

I would not call the sheriff such a name though it is clear that he has cried wolf one time too many. He cannot remain as his word and effectiveness as an officer of the law has been destroyed. Chris has done it to himself. Pray for the sheriff. Pray for our beloved county.

• April Cumbee says:

It is a shame that I wrote 2 comments against this sheriff that has been cited for tellin lies. Another lady at my church has done the same, in fact I watched here do just that. Batten is not liked yet the local paper only reports a few positive events and never any of the wrong he has done. He has done things far worse than Ron Hewitt and he should be removed. Is a sheriff that has told lies while causing the taxpayers to settle a case for $195,000 for those lies any good? Are you all for Batten like our local newspaper? If you are going to allow this man to attack a DA that is not with the good old boy program, why not allow the rest of us to comment? We are happy that we have a DA not connected to the Gores or Sassers or the local bankers. Let us give him a chance.

• Rupert Mat says:

Well WWAY, Batten and Commissioner Edwin Russ have played Columbus County for sometime now. It is just now coming out in the paper how Russ has benefited from his job with the County. Voting for Waste Management to get contracts while he hides a relationship with them is wrong and criminal. Look into Russ’ and Batten’s dealings WWAY. Russ and Batten have taken things from those Batten has arrested despite the law that requires Batten to put such up for public auction. What about the jeep sheriff? The Kubota? How can you guys sleep at night?

Batten’s best friend and co-conspirator is Edwin Russ.

• Joe Nance says:

If TJ Barrett was still alive I would go for him. He was one of the most honest law enforcement officers you could find. He has since gone to be with the Lord and we are all at a loss. However the only officials able to be the sheriff that Columbus County needs could easily be found in Mark Cartrette, David Dutton or Doug Smith. These guys are not the type to take orders from Mitch Tyler or his corrupt machine. These guys say what they feel and believe and they never appear to be politically correct. If gentlemen like these do not step up and run, we will go further down the tube. Just look at the sheriff’s right hand friend, Edwin Russ. It is bad folks and must get better. Thank you TV3 for your fair reporting and this forum.

• POOR PEOPLE says:

He need to think who serves on the jury and votes. We poor people in Columbus and Bladen deserve and demand to have a district attorney who respects us. There are a lot of us hard working poor people who try to make a better life but WE AINT NO CRIMINALS either.

• Guest from Brunswick County says:

Wow, my friend just showed me the article on the DA. Unbelievable! I can’t believe he said is a “wine and cheese” person. He basically says he doesn’t care about poor people. This guy is unbelievable. It just shows that all he cares about is his picture in the paper. It is really sad that the people of bladen and columbus have to put up with this DA. And for the DA to say he is cleaning up corruption bit refuse to investigate his neighbor, chief Jayne…just shows how big a mistake it was to vote this guy as DA. Tough to defend this guy once you read article, but I am sure someone will try. I would ask WWAY and the Star News to publish the article to show the citizens of this area what Mr. David truly believes. Thank you.

I agree with you guest from Brunswick County! My mom was telling me about this during our walk this evening……he saw how fast Rex Gore lost his job. I can promise I won’t be voting for him again next election! He better enjoy his wine and cheese while he can…..I am very disappointed that I actually voted and campaigned for someone like him!

• brian says:

I don’t know the people involved in this story outside of what is being reported in the media. I do know from personal experience that the media almost always and without question will alter information as much as they can in order to put a negative spin on every story – and they make sure that it pushes the agenda that they want to be on the table. I don’t call that ‘good journalism’, I call that deceptive and opportunistic. One or both of these guys should sue the reporter personally for libel since he did not tell the whole story, and put one or both of them in a negative light.

• just thinking back says:

Wanted to split the 13 th District and have 2 DA’S, 1 for each district back before the elections and most frowned on the idea. Bet many wish now it had of happened.

• County residentGuest says:

Now everyone knows the good ole public servants down there are protecting and serving: protecting the corrupt and serving the criminals!!

• BC guest says:

I know from personal expierence that David is just as curpt as the rest of them! He is cleaning out the honest people, and staying in cahoots with John Ingram to run “thir curption” I hope many people wake up and see who he really is!