10 Comments for this article

Tags: , , ,

HALLSBORO, NC (WWAY) — Hallsboro has been the dominant team in Columbus County the past three years, but their reign at the top is now over. Central Middle School beat Hallsboro 28-6 on Tuesday night to claim the championship of middle school football in Columbus County. Nathan Powell scored all four touchdowns for the Central Hornets.

Comment on this Story

10 Comments on "Central wins Columbus County middle school football championship"

We know who you are
2015 years 9 months ago

No matter how hard you work there is always people who will bad mouth your system. The football team at CMS had a great season and learned many fundamentals about football. The middle school is the feeder program for WHS and the job is to get kids ready for the next step. People need to realize middle school plays high school rules NOT DIXIE YOUTH RULES OR REC RULES. People who are commenting with negative comments need to find something to do beside sit around and talk about coaches and teams. The coaches at CMS done a wonderful job this season and put fans in the stands!!!!!!! Get over it and become a positive person in life and you will enjoy it much more

Donny Strickland
2015 years 9 months ago

Whoever made this comment does not know what they are talking about and should not say anything negetive concerning the team and coaches unless they have all the facts. Enough said.

CCRES
2015 years 9 months ago

They do that to get in the spotlight because at the high school level they can’t do it and haven’t done it at the middle school level in years. Every dog has it day. Whiteville High School hasn’t even won a home game this year.

Guest 2
2015 years 9 months ago

Everyone knows where the negative comments are coming from on this page. Some parents are always the ones that try to cause trouble. They have nothing better to do and no one in town can stand to be around them. Why don’t y’all move away if you are so unhappy with the sports in Whiteville?

Ashamed
2015 years 9 months ago

Really 48-0. According to my records, Central didn’t play a game that was 48-0 but I may be wrong. I am really disappointed that one of “our own” has something negative to say about the team and coaches. I, for one, am very proud of the effort, time and dedication put in by the players and coaches. Only one of those coaches is funded monetarily and the others are out there because they love the game and are concerned with the future of Whiteville football. For once, can’t we just go by the ol’ saying, if you don’t have anything nice to say then just don’t say it at all? I personally would like to thank all of the coaches for their hard work and dedication to the players. Those boys loved and respected all of the coaches! If there was ever a time of poor sportsmanship then I am sure they are truly sorry. I am sure it was unintentional! Haven’t you ever made a mistake, whether it be intentional or not? I am sure the answer is yes because we are all human and make mistakes!! I personally feel it is time for people to stop pointing fingers unless they are ready to step up and make things better! You can hide behind a computer screen and easily be judgmental, but if you want to make a change/difference, step up and step out! I am assuming since you were present at three ballgames, you are from Whiteville. I thought our community members were supposed to bring each other up, not tear each other down.

grrrrrr
2015 years 9 months ago

I have seen Central play football on three different occasions this year. I will give them credit that they are a very good football team. I must add however that the coaches have exhibited poor sportsmanship by running the score up on under manned team. I saw them call a timeout with just seconds remaining in a game to try to set up another score although they were ahead 48-0 at the time. There is more to middle school football that winning and putting up big numbers

tb
2015 years 9 months ago

The whole point of that is playing football and that is football!!!!!!!!

Results/Winning
2015 years 9 months ago

In my opinion, no matter what the score, a team: football, basketball, baseball, etc should never assume that just because they are winning OR losing that the game is over. Any athelete should play to their best ability until the game is in fact over and the team as a whole should do the same. It was Vince Lombardi who said “Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The coaches who win are the ones who can motivate their players.” He followed it with “If it doesn’t matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?”

FHH Central Hornet Linebacker
2015 years 9 months ago

Wow you adults need to quit wasting your time talking trash about 13 and 14 year olds. it not our faults that we can play football and we have very good coaches. we have nothing to do with the high school. our coach has 2 championship rings from costal carolina i think he knows what he’s doing.

Bighurt 69
2015 years 9 months ago

The coaching staff at Central Middle School this year was an awesome staff. They treated all the players equally and didn’t play favorites. I went to all the games and at no point did the coaching staff show bad sportsmanship during the games and never tried to run the score up. They would sub people in and out at the end of the game and the other team still could stop them. That is not the coaches fault.