Minister arrested for indecent liberties with a minor

Tags: , ,

Submitted: Tue, 11/29/2011 - 9:03pm
Updated: Wed, 11/30/2011 - 5:33pm

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — New Hanover County Sheriff’s detectives have arrested a minister on multiple sex crimes, including five counts of indecent liberties with a minor and five counts of first-degree sex offense.

According to the church’s website, Thomas Archie Wiggins Jr. is the superintendent and pastor of Faith Temple Church of God in Christ in Wilmington. A Facebook page shows he is superintendent of Bolton Church of God in Christ in Columbus County.

According to the Sheriff’s Office Wiggins, 54, was arrested and charged today for crimes that took place back in 1998. He is currently being held in the New Hanover County Detention Facility under a $100,000 secure bond.

• Theo Cyrene says:

Actually, Nick, if you’ve been reading the news the last few years you would realize these perverts come from every denomination and sect. Seems to be a huge problem within the Christian community as a whole. This god you worship doesn’t seem to care about the well being of children in your churches at all. Maybe it’s time you gave up believing in the invisible man in the sky.

• Das Weibstück says:

Atheists know we came about through the process of evolution. Evolution is not an accident, it is a natural occurrence. Come on, embrace your inner ape.

• Das Weibstück says:

Nanananabooboo I don’t believe so I cant know. Truth is YOU do not know either.

With God, sin is sin. There is no big sin and little sin. It’s all judged equally in God’s eyes. His ways are not our ways.

God will not allow sin to enter heaven. So without repentance, someone who lies will go to hell just as quickly as someone who murders.

There is only one unforgivable sin, and that is blaspheming against the Holy Spirit. Speaking against the Holy Spirit is equivalent to rejecting Jesus Christ with such finality that no future repentance is possible.

The problem isn’t just in the “Christian community as a whole”; it’s everywhere in the world. People only notice it more when it involves a pastor in the church.

There are bad people everywhere, even in church. The Bible is full of “church people” who sinned against God.

God cares very much about the well being of the children in His church, and everywhere else. That’s why He exposes bad people and points a spotlight on them. He’s cleaning His church.

• Reginald Denny says:

You can commit any crime you so choose, and as long as your repent and find God before you are accused or convicted ye shall be set free… that smells like a mile marker on 40, pure hog wash.

• shannon says:

No one is great or Greater than God. I am just a servant. A servant who left the COGIC a servant who loves her pastor she has now, but don’t have pastor salvation. A servant who prays but not prey on others. A servant who goes to the Lord and said forgive me and repent and don’t do it again. God has some real men and woman of God still that is living right for real.

• vineyard worker says:

As a young saint I came to this area and when I first met him, the Lord showed me that in him. That being the sexual perversion. I did say it and people said “don’t say that he is a high ranking Elder” I did not even know him, yet God showed me his Spirit. So I just put it in God’s hands. I am so glad that he has been exposed. Now Father I pray in the Name of Jesus that you would heal the souls that were violated by this sexual predator, in the name of Jesus. I pray that A. Wiggins will repent and never do things like this again Amen. I cried so hard when I learned of this. I said it to someone that I felt he was some in sexual sins and was just told to hush because I should not say things like that about a high ranking person in the church. I did not know of this crime ( I met him in the eighties and when I first met him I was like I am getting this perverted vibe from him) Immediately I was shunned by some for saying I had this vibe. I just put it in God’s hands and JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE. I am so glad.

• Nick says:

You will know them by their fruits. COGIC does not represent the beliefs of the majority of Christians and some of their beliefs are rightly considered heretical by Bible-believing Christians.

The Church of God in Christ was formed in 1897 by a group of disfellowshiped Baptists, most notably Charles Price Jones (1865–1949) and the founder Charles Harrison Mason (1866–1961). Jones and Mason were licensed Baptist ministers in Mississippi in the 1890s who were disfellowshiped by the local Baptist association for preaching the doctrine of Christian perfection also known as “Holiness.” They became associated with a group of men who would become the early African American leaders of the Holiness Movement in the late 19th century.

Holiness was interpreted by many Christian mainline denominations of the late nineteenth century as heresy because proponents of Holiness taught that an individual could be delivered from the practice of sin and live free from sin in this present world through the power of the Holy Spirit. This could only be experienced however, if one had received the baptism in the Holy Spirit which was an experience subsequent to salvation where the believer was cleansed from his or her original sin that had been passed on to all men through Adam. This experience became known as “sanctification.” Many revivals were conducted and many new converts testified to being “sanctified,” thus being transformed from sinners to “saints.” This term “saint” is still used by the COGIC faithful when addressing themselves. Jones and Mason began teaching the doctrine of Holiness and Sanctification in their baptist churches. Mason was heavily influenced by the testimony of the African-American Methodist evangelist Amanda Berry Smith who testified that she had been sanctified in the early 1890s. However, once people testified to being “sanctified,” many were persecuted and expelled from their mainline churches and began to establish new independent churches. In 1896, Jones and Mason conducted such a revival in Jackson, Mississippi that led to their expulsion from the local baptist association.

• Miss Rose says:

I bishop is a pastor that has more than one church that he/she persides over.

• publicAvenger says:

A Wolf in Sheeps clothing.

• believe007 says:

You people are ridiculous! Instead of judging this man of God we should all be praying for him! It’s time out for all these negative comments. God is not pleased. He says “touch not my anointing, do my prophet no harm.” For you see when you start messing with God’s children, He WILL have vengeance!!!!! So it’s time to stop going back and forth at each other and lets unite and pray for him!

• Bishop C Norton says:

ELDER WIGGINGS WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU LIKE THE BIBLE SAYS, HOWEVER THE SINNERS CAN’T JUDGE YOU. THE SAINTS CAN- BUT WHEN A PERSON REPENTS- JUDGEMENT STOP!!!PRAY ONE TO ANOTHER; DON’T BE SLANDERS, BUSY BODIES, ETC. OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM IS THE BLAME, NOT THE DEVIL:: THIS HAPPENS DAILY-PEOPLE REPORT FALSE ALLEGATIONS, THAT HAVE YOU ARRESTED- THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE ALLEGATIONS ARE INVESTIGATED AFTER THE CHARGES RATHER THAN BEFORE THE CHARGES IN WHICH FALLS UNDER MALICE PROSECUTOR / DEFAMATORY UNLESS PROVEN @ TRIAL OF THE MATTER. HEY LOOK EVEN IF HE DID A CRIME- HE’S NOT RUNNING AWAY SO WHY IS HIS BOND EXTRORDINARY WITH HIM PASTORING 2 CHURCHES- REDUCE HIS BOND/MODIFY IT TO HOUSE ARREST IF YOU THINK HE’S A FUGITIVE :: COME ON THE JUDGE ON FIRST APPEARANCE SHOULD SEE THROUGH THIS- ANOTHER STATE DOES NOT TAKE PRESIDENCE OVER NC AND IF A CHARGE DERIVED FROM OTHER STATE – THEN WHY IS NEW HANOVER BEING COPS AND ROBIN?

SIGNED BISHOP C.. NORTON

• RSimmons says:

I would surmise that being free of imaginary idols and cumbersome rules regarding human reproduction interpreted by religious fanatics, frees oneself to pursue healthy relationships among their peers and not need to resort to predatory practices on the vulnerable.

Just saying….

• Das Weibstück says:

Bishop of what? How does one become a Bishop?

• Repent says:

Bishop with all due respect, you might need to schedule time to be at the court house today for Thomas Wiggins Jr. hearing @ 2:00pm before over zealously endorsing this pastor. In this case, our friends and colleagues ride the wings that we allow them to hold onto, but sometimes we must let them fall to prevent ourselves from falling with them.

• Christian says:

I so agree with this post.

The sexual predators list is FULL of people with no stated religious affiliation. The reason you hear about cases like this one on the news is that it IS shocking that someone who professes to be close to God would hurt others in this way. We still do not know if it is true and I disagree with whomever stated that the police do not file charges without some “proof”. Sometimes the only evidence is someone’s horrifyingly shocking story. Their job is to press charges and the court’s job is to try to sort out whether there is merit to the story. It is not nearly as uncommon as you think for this to go either way. People’s lives and careers have been trashed over false allegations (it’s kind of hard to prove a negative ie that you did NOT do something. I mean can you account for every minute of every day of your life 13 years ago?!) and people have been let go to do egregious harm for far too long. Unless you know something you have not come forward with, I suggest you wait until some evidence or proof comes out before you bash people of faith. Plenty of people who are athiests have committed crimes (the Columbine boys come to mind) does that make YOU like them if you are an Athiest?

• GOD'S CHILD says:

The bible says touch NOT my annointed! I will not sit on here and talk about the situation, but ima PRAY about it. But what I will say is GOD will shut the mouth of the DEVIL!! Those who sit and talk about the man of God needs to STOP and pray. If u dont know the story then you need not to put your mouth on him. And if you dont know GOD for yourself u might want to get to know him. GOD is angry and u dont want to be in the hands of a angry GOD. But he’s with us and its ALREADY DONE! So make fun,and lie & talk. But when God put something on the mouth of the OUTSIDERS it wont be pretty. Watch what u say about God’s people. People are leaving this world EVERYDAY, and if u dont be careful it just might be you NEXT! Pastor I’m praying for you, and know NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU SHALL PROSPER..IT WONT WORK! GOD will get the GLORY out of this.

• GuestNonAtheist says:

An atheist is someone who believes themself to be an accident. From some of your posts, I kinda knew that about you.

• Albert says:

To all those “who judged”… this man innocent and the accuser guilty

It seemed to show your biased minds..Now the headline says

“Local preacher confesses to sex offense charges” state says

• vineyard worker says:

Bishop,

I believe he has been delivered, as well as forgiven if he had the courage to plead guilty. God has forgiven him. HOWEVER, you must reap what you sow. He needs to do the time for what he did. That is my position on this. God bless you. If they let him out it will cancel every message he has ever preached as well as those that have gone on before him. A famous saying in COGIC is “that we have to be first partakers in what we preach” I heard this man preach very hard messages about sin not being an option so there fore he must live by the same sword he cut with. ok?

Be blessed

• shannon says:

Yes it is a shame, I am saved, I use to be in COGIC long time ago and I seen a lot of mess, high and mighty saints, hold there head up, won’t even speak to you, after you smile in there face and say praise the Lord, they look at you like, you speaking to me, I am Evangelist so and so, I am pastor so and so don’t come up to me like that. Some think they are made of gold, you will get a nasty look if you don’t call them by they titles. I thank God for keeping me, I thank God for Pastors/Bishops and what ever title they may have, but I don’t have pastor salvation, I have Jesus salvation. What is wrong is wrong, yes you should pray for the pastor, but you have to think of the ones who went though the hurt, those are the ones we need to pray for. I read what some one said, God will forgive and heal this pastor, yes he will if he repents, but the law will take justice on him, huh…you will reap what you have sow, he will be saved in prison. The law will make sure he is so far from children. There was a question, what if it was your child. Where there any real true prophet in the house there, God would have told you what was going on with this preacher, or did you do like that coach. kept silence.

• TruthSeeker says:

Look, I get this MAN has only been accused of a crime, and YES, in this country, we are “innocent” until proven guilty. (I don’t personally know this dude and don’t care to comment on his guilt or innocence; not for me to decide.) However, I DO know this deviant behavior is excessively RAMPANT in these so called “churches”, as I have personally experienced its effects. The truth is we are all capable of doing some dirty mess, perhaps not to a child, but certainly towards ourselves or each other, a fact we would all do well to remember when we start to “judge” anyone….(Matt 7). If he is indeed found guilty of this crime, he will and should be punished according to the law. That being said, the whole “attack of the devil on God’s people” shtick is getting really old! WE (believers) need to be more accountable than that… WE are the ones enabling and even covering up this foolishness…. Here’s a thought: we have placed these humans on such pedestals, and have been so erroneously taught that they have so much more value in the family of God. When they perpetrate madness and harm others, most just go along with it in the name of righteousness and “protecting the Man(d) of God” C’mon man…All this out-of-context scripture quoting and zombie like repetition is a big part of why the church is SO dysfunctional… And for the folks using the ”touch not my anointed…” phrase over and over…PLEEEEASE go study that in the proper context and not from what has been regurgitated to you most of your life…it is NOT a “let Passuh or Bishup do whatever he/she wants to and get away with it” card! STOP STOP STOP exalting these men and women so highly… Some of these comments illuminate the ignorance so many church folks are bound in all throughout the body of believers. Stop confusing the functions in body mentioned in Ephesians 4 and replacing them with our seriously flawed man-made titles and offices…that was NEVER the intentions of our Lord Yeshua(Jesus)…see Matthew 23! We are to be a family of equals…different functions for sure, but no one more important than the other…Perhaps when more believers grasp that, this (and other) sinful behaviors will no longer be hidden, but will come to the Light, be exposed, dealt with, and healed… Then we can stop talking about all this “power” and actually manifest it…

I do not know this pastor and have no idea of the type of man he is. What I will say is the victim in this case is to be commended for coming forth. This had to be a difficult sitituation for this young man to attempt. Part of their healing is bring their abuser to justice. The fact the the accused is a pastor means nothing to me. There is not staute of limitations on reporting this type of offense in most states. This type of abuse cause serious harm to the child and takes years or even a lifetime to overcome. God is with this young man and will give him strength through all of this. (See how God can be on both sides of this depending on how you look at it.)

The crimes that Pastor Wiggins is charge with are below.

§ 14‑27.7A. Statutory rape or sexual offense of person who is 13, 14, or 15 years old.

(a) A defendant is guilty of a Class B1 felony if the defendant engages in vaginal intercourse or a sexual act with another person who is 13, 14, or 15 years old and the defendant is at least six years older than the person, except when the defendant is lawfully married to the person.

§ 14‑202.1. Taking indecent liberties with children.

(a) A person is guilty of taking indecent liberties with children if, being 16 years of age or more and at least five years older than the child in question, he either:

(1) Willfully takes or attempts to take any immoral, improper, or indecent liberties with any child of either sex under the age of 16 years for the purpose of arousing or gratifying sexual desire; or

(2) Willfully commits or attempts to commit any lewd or lascivious act upon or with the body or any part or member of the body of any child of either sex under the age of 16 years.

(b) Taking indecent liberties with children is punishable as a Class F felony.

There will be more cases like this coming to the surface. People need to see Pastors for the humans they are.

• accusseranonymous says:

Have any of you quoting scriptures and defending the so called “great man of God” stop to think about the obvious. No one can tell anyone when enough time is enough. Who cares if it happened 13 or 30 years ago. This man has been molesting children in the church for years but we should just let God handle it. Well in my eyes he is … The TRUTH about your “man of God” has come to light and it’s time to pay for his sins. How dare you sit before people everyday and portray this saintly being while you’re destroying young men’s lives forever. However I guarantee none of you have stopped to say “God bless these still young souls who took a stand.” Have you stopped to think how this man destroyed lives and our walks with God. I say lock him up and throw away the key. This isn’t about money or notariety its about whats RIGHT AND WRONG and he is DEAD WRONG.

• Guest99x says:

Shannon, the church will live and grow because of great folks like you being a part of it.

• womenofgod says:

>>Have any of you quoting scriptures and defending the so called “great man of God” stop to think about the obvious.

No we just sit with our heads in the sand sort of like an ostridge…or someone at Penn State for that matter

• Missy says:

This sicko lives across the street from me. My own father is a child molester and there is NO PLACE in this world for these sick people. May he burn in hell!

What do you care? You’re not a believer anyway.

• Das Weibstück says:

You are one sick puppy. Not one mention from you of the poor boys that have been abused/raped by this “man of god”…. HA what a damn joke, “man of god” my a$$ !

• Das Weibstück says:

I guess a non Atheist would know this? An accident? As in unplanned pregnancy? Sorry not this baby.

• Jaybee The Doulos says:

it’s time to pray that all victims of sexual abuse come forward. why do you people feel that because someone is a pastor that he is above doing something like this? are you people stupid? it’s time out for cover ups, and time to call these jokers to the carpet. you all wear masks every sunday, coming in faking the funk, acting holier than thou, what makes you think your so called pastor isn’t doing the same thing? you care nothing for the victims or their families or what they have been through all these years. all you want to do is to protect your So called “mand of god”. if it was your child or someone in your family you would be thinking differently or maybe you would it, and that is a darn shame.

• sad says:

If someone simply searches for information regarding this particular “Denomination” they might discover that this arrest is 1 of multiple arrests around the country involving “Pastors” of “COGIC churches”.

Sadly COGIC International places all blame on the local congregation, victim and/or victims family. Equally important to consider is that while COGIC International blames the above, it REQUIRES and gladly accepts hundreds of millions of US dollars each year from the local church members,local church elders, pastors, bishops, jurisdiction and jurisdictional Bishops. In addition, if any listed party fails to pay the REQUIRED annual fees, COGIC International will extinguish the membership.

In my opinion, research will demonstrate that this is the same as the Catholic Church matters without the national press coverage.

• GuestNonAtheist says:

No, as in most atheist’s thinking that man/woman came about through an accident of evolution.

• Das Weibstück says:

…Thank you for making me Atheist. Your followers are all in denial and kinda freaky. Ahhhh~men

• NCcoast53 says:

I really don’t understand how a congregation can be in love with a Pastor to the point of burying their heads in the sand when allegations of this sort comes out. When a man is 54 years old, never been married and spend a lot times with underage boys, there is reason to be suspicious of him. I am not a member of his church, but I have met and heard him preach some years ago. I felt then that something was amiss, and I still do. I would not be surprised if there are more than one boy. This is just my opinion, of course.

This story is so similar to the Bishop Long’s debacle in Atlanta, Ga.

• Not Surprised says:

Remember the woman at the well. Drop your stones. Pastor Wiggins will need to encourage himself in the Lord. God does not need usr to chastise those whom he loves. People, find something else to talk about because this could be and may be you sooner than you think. Pastor Wiggins is not in this alone. God is still with him and loves him. I

• PublicAvenger says:

If this may have happened 13 years ago, why are we bringing it up now ? Nothing has been proven against him. Let’s just throw it out, like we have done for the thousands of child-raping Catholic priests, out there.

The police don’t just take out these serious warrants for no reason. There has to be alot of reason, and we need to look strongly at it. If this man is a wolf in sheeps clothing, he needs to be locked away, for the rest of his life.

But I agree, he is innocent until it is proven he is guilty.

• shannon says:

Well let me tell you why now, from experience. I am so much older now, it has been many many moons ago. I was single then when a church minister came over my home and pin me down, I was young, I cried, but you got to understand, fear came, I was told by him he would hurt me, I said I was going to tell, he had his pants down when I said that, and thank God he did not do anything, but again he told me if I told he would kill me. Still today in my 40s I won’t say, I don’t even live in that state, I think he is dead now, but I forgiven him and I am free, I don’t even hurt by this, SO you don’t know why, maybe they see now that they cam talk now, because of others coming out and telling on the wolf. Maybe it still hurts them at the age they are now. So yes still pray for your pastor, but pray and think about the VICTIMS! IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU OR YOUR CHILD.

• Reginald Denny says:

Judging again. you can pray all you want, this man admitted he commited his sins. God will judge, the people still get to have their say, and laugh at his stupid choices and afflictions.Look at it this way, The NCDOC needed another preacher to teach all the thugs they have recently incarcerated, his way of God.

• Adrienne says:

WHY??? HERE WE ARE JUDGING AGAIN!!! WHAT IS THE LIMIT!!! WHY IS THIS BEING BROUGHT TO THE PUBLIC NOW. HE IS TRULY A MAN OF GOD, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE. ANOTHER PERSON CHARACTER DESTORYED BY A PERSON WHO PROBABLY NEED MONEY, OR WANTED AN AFFAIR WITH THE PASTOR. IF THIS WORLD DON’T NEED ANYTHING ELSE, WE ALL NEED TO COME TOGETHER AND PRAY THAT THE DEVIL STOP ATTACKING THE GODLY PEOPLE.

• Das Weibstück says:

He was arrested, how is that judging? Get a grip ! Men of GOD molest children all the time, ask a priest.

• b-mac says:

Are you yelling and typing in all caps. I doubt the accuser stands to make any money from this. Why are people so fast to assume that just because someone claims to be a “man of god” they could still just be a child predator.

Any what exactly are “GODLY PEOPLE”? Are these the same “GODLY PEOPLE” that have been molesting and covering up things in the catholic church or are you one of those christians that thinks their sect has it right and the catholics have it wrong. Like the baptist who think they are better than everyone else and will not even accept a baptism from a methodist church? Worship the same god and believe in the same things right?

• Guest User says:

What if he really is doing/did this? What if he did this to your family member? Do you mean to tell me that they would not have brought this to light without valid evidence? A man of God, is only a man. Subject to the fallacies of man and desires of the flesh. Be realistic and stop blindly following someone because they are a “man of God” — that’s probably why he didn’t get caught or no one told on him in the first place — thus allowing this to continue. This article is not judging anyone, it’s just merely stating facts.

He’s accused of a very serious set of sex crimes allegedly committed 13 years ago. Can’t let accusations like this just slide away, they must be investigated and tried. That’s WHY…

Would you accuse YOUR own son or daughter of being the “DEVIL ATTACKING” if they came to you with this sort of information? VERY doubtful! “MEN OF GOD” have been found guilty of pulling stunts like this since “MEN OF GOD” have been around…sorry… a proven and relevant fact.

If you’ll hit that little “CAPS LOCK” key on the right side of your keyboard, you won’t have to appear as if you are yelling from the pulpit as you pound the Bible…

• Guest357sig says:

Actually, the Devil is too busy protecting RC Soles. This allowed the “sowing and reaping” to catch up to this so-called minister.

• Pastor Yvonne M. Harrison says:

People of God, please don’t jump to assumptions or irrational decisions. You can’t make great decisions with poor information. Until you can separate facts from conjecture, there is nothing to say. In the end, God will ultimately give the victory for us all. I am praying for Pastor Wiggins, and the entire Faith Temple Church Family. We need not judge, instead we are called to a time of prayer & fasting. “But thanks be to God Who Has Given Us The Victory!

Well Adrienne, Maybe the godly person you are protecting should not have touched and or abused a minor. Why are you protecting this person? What difference does it make if the person waited a length of time to bring these allegations? It does not make it any less of a crime if it happened 1 day ago, 1 year ago, or 10 years ago. You should be concerned if you had a child or if there was any other children that were abused. I am sure if this is true, there are probably more victims. Also, all caps shows a lack of a proper education and your grammar sucks.

• Albert says:

>>>>WHY??? HERE WE ARE JUDGING AGAIN!!!

Seems you are also judging….
    in this case him innocent>> HE IS TRULY A MAN OF GOD,
    And you are judging the accuser>>>BY A PERSON WHO PROBABLY NEED MONEY, OR WANTED AN AFFAIR WITH THE PASTOR

Practice what you preach

• SurfCityTom says:

can assume you are related to the Pastor.

You indicate “we are judging again” When was he tried? There is a premise in law called double jeapordy.

He’s a man of god. How is that relevant to his alledged actions against a Minor.

• Shannon says:

The reason we can judge is the same reason every other pastor or minister is judged when they are in the wrong!
    You should NOT be allowed to stand behind a pool pit declaring how everyone else should live their life, if you’re not even living a life of God! Whether it was over 10 years ago or two days ago is irrelevant wrong is wrong!

• gifted to teach says:

I agree..the devil is so busy but we cannot allow him to continue destroying God’s people..especially the one’s GOD has anointed to do HIS will!

• Jacq says:

This is so sad. I just pray that this is not true. it’s not over until God says it’s over. Don’t judge people as this could be your child facing these charges. How would you feel then? Everyone has done something wrong. You without sin throw the first stone. My prayers are with all the families that are dealing with this. God bless all the church members. But remember man will change or fool you but God is always the same. Party 4 everyone especially the BoltonCOGiC members and families. In God we trust all others pray for thm..Lord help us all.

• Das Weibstück says:

You do realize there is no such thing as the devil? Grow up and stop blaming some myth for this pervs actions.

• me says:

HE is a MAN** In His Flesh everyday all day long** What money (no mega church)? We need to start praying for these so called GODLY People** That are doing wrong in the DARK** will come to LIGHT** AMEN

• Unknown says:

Your point is valid, however, if these and other allegations are true, then how would you feel if you were the victim…or if the victim was your son or daughter? Just as strong as you feel he may be innocent, stop and ask your bamboozled self, that someone, a victim, may “know” he’s guilty. No one is God, not even him, he’s human, and if he guilty then he shall be judged PERIOD!

• Righteousness says:

Adrienne, your comment is valid on one side of the coin, however there’s a flip side…what if this is true? How would you feel if you were the victim? What if the victim was your son, daughter, or loved one? While we should not judge the innocent, the guilty shall be judged here and in heaven. When/If you arrive in Heaven and find that one you thought was righteous on earth is actually cast away to hell, are you going to stand there and debate with God and say, “How dare you judge”? You’re bambozzled and speak like a foolish woman…he’s not God, he’s Human and if he’s guilty, my heart is towards the victim not the guilty. Lord, help foolishness…

• Not surprised says:

ALL WHAT YOU SAID IS GOOD, BUT DENIAL WILL NOT MAKE THIS GO AWAY. ITS JUST TIME TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH. GOD IS UNCOVERING ALL UNREPENTED SIN. Say what you want GOD, THOMAS WIGGINS AND THE FIVE KNOW THE TRUTH. BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PRAYERS.REMEBER SAMUEL AND GODS RESPONSE TO HIM REGARDING SAUL. Stop blaming the devil for poor decision making. His job is to discredit followers of Jesus Christ and we help him.

• Getaclue says:

Yeah, he sounds like a real Saint.

• Guestgustd says:

A man in power often takes advantage of those who have none. Wait and see who is guilty and who isn’t. A child or several childrens’ lives may have been ruined by this man. What about justice for them?

• Antonio says:

To that comment:
    Crimes are crimes and GOD set in place laws to abide by in the physical form. No matter who you are and what religion you are, you are to follow the law. The bible isn’t a book to hide your crimes and that has nothing to do with the devil attacking. God gave people the ability to make choices and freewill and this sounds like he chose the wrong thing to do. What’s done in the dark will come to light. If someone commits a murder 30 years ago, and then gets saved later on in life, is he not suppose to stand up and face that crime?

• Repent says:

I agree! This man has never been married, and the victim lived with this man for years. I’m willing to bet his followers will defend him even with substantiated evidence. That is call BRAINWASHING similarly to church cult behaviors.

Jeremiah 17:5-10 5 This is what the LORD says: “Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD.

Church or Cult?

“More than 90% of juvenile sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator in some way.” His church members should be thanking their lucky stars that someone finally had the COURAGE to speak out rather than living with the falsehoods of hypocrisy from our leaders. Having authority over the assemblies of God is a major responsibility, and “if” unethical acts have been committed, an example should be taught by the punishment of the predicators who guide.

• Repent says:

The alleged victim was a male child at the time this happened!! It seems gay bishops, pastors, ministers, and priest want cease.

• Adrienne says:

To those who commented to me about my posting, yes he is my pastor, and he is is human. “HE WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE”!!! You don’t know the story behind my glory!!! I have had this to happen in my family that is why I said what I said. NO ONE deserves that; but if it is not true then what happens. I know he is not GOD, that is why I have my own personal relationship with GOD, not Pastor Wiggins; so therefore I can’t judge anyone nor will I try to destory someone with lies. Whatever the verdict maybe; GOD has the LAST WORD!!! Again, I say that “HE WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE”

Last time I checked, in this country, a man is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

The Bible says to not bear false witness against your neighbor. We don’t know at this time if the information is false or not; so, as a Christian, it’s always better to not form an opinion about his guilt or innocence until all the facts are known.

There is an old proverb that says, “What you don’t see with your eyes, don’t witness with your mouth.”

Just because YOU say there’s no devil, doesn’t make it so.

Every person is entitled to their own beliefs. You’ll never convince a believer that there isn’t a devil, and they’ll never convince you there is. So, let’s just agree to live and let live.

• Guestwho says:

Maybe they’re destroying him with the truth. Sometimes a stone must be cast.

• repent says:

If I may politely demonstrate my point. You overlooked the entire post, “if” is a conjunction that was used in the latter to phrase a supposition.

James 1:19
    19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

• repent says:

Let’s do the math on your rationale: For one, sexual abusive behaviors toward children should NEVER be excused carelessly for the sake of “saying” he’s HUMAN. Why not say “If” this happened he needs help?

Pastor Andrew J. Bierkan,
    Pastor Eddie Thomas,
    Minister Tinley Park
    Former Lyons Minister,
    Rev. P. Henry Leech,
    Father Robert William Klein

And many more. These religious leaders are not restoring good faith in the ministries that still need creditable environments.

• shannon says:

Derrick Huchins his wife divorced him, he was have relations (sex) with a sister in SC his other church. I think there is a baby involved. He is still preaching, he do not have the other church no more.

• PITIFUL!!!!! says:

I know Pastor Wiggins and have known him for years.I have always thought he was gay.He is infact a nice man but not above sin!!! May GOD have mercy on his soul and yours too Adrienne!!!

• M. Black says:

O M G……. I been knowing this man from my childhood and he truly is a MAN of God! The enemy is here to attack the christain body of Christ like never before…..its in the word of God. All we got to do is pray, pray, pray! I love U Pastor and we all praying!

• S.Black says:

I really am in shock as a child of the most high I can only pray for you Pastor Wiggings, I love you and you are in my prayers. I can only remember the good things as a child following the ministry and being on fire for the Lord!!!I will lift him up and P&F…your loved and supported no matter what!!!Don’t know too much on the story don’t care to know I only know that God has all power!!!Declare it Done!!!

• patriot says:

I am uneasy about this Man of God being arrested. I heard him preach before. We must not judge, but pray for the truth to come out, for this Pastor, his congregations, and family. So far these are allegations. Again this is very unsettling to know. I hope that the allegations are not true. However instead of Gossiping about him. Pray for him and everyone involved in these circumstances.

We are all children of God. One is not above another. The law of man will decide legally what will happen. As a pastor there are commandmandments and biblical doctrines to follow. God’s will be done above all else.

• Musician says:

Pastor we are praying with you. Everyone needs to understand that God is in control of everything under the heavens. The satan had to get permission from God before he was able to attack Job. Likewise the devil was given permission to attack Wiggins. It is just a test for him as well as the body of Christ. Are we going to turn our backs on him now we he faithfully brought the true word of God to us? Remember just because he is a pastor does not mean he is exempt for the devil tempting his flesh. Again, satan Tempted Jesus. Now is the time to show what prayer can really do.

• CJDavis says:

I am praying for Pastor Wiggins and both of his congregations – Faith Temple Church of God in Christ & Bolton Church of God In Christ. God allow things to happen to us when He is trying to get our attention. We need to pray that whatever the outcome, that God gives the Pastor courage to go on.

Rom 8:31……… “If God be for us, who can be against us?

• COGIC says:

I don’t understand why after so many years do a person want to destroy a person life with allegations and remarks of something that’s just not right. I pray that God will intercede with this situation, because Pastor Wiggins is a a Man of God and he is not to be judged. Only God can judge him and not man.

• repent says:

A person came forward after 50 years to report a congressman abused him. A family member. It occurred when the child was 15 years old, now 50 years later it is revealed!

• GuestGuest says:

It greives my heart to hear of this news! Most of us in the Wilmington, NC and surrounding area’s know this he IS Truly a Man of God! It is ashame that someone would 13years later bring up charges like this. It sounds to me like someone is out to get some money or some type of revenge. You are 14years old but wait until you are 27years GROWN to open your mouth and report something like this?
    I only pray for mercy for the ones lying on God’s Man servant that they be not destroyed, because God will vindicate His own.
    1 Chronicles 16:22 -

• Citizen of the Republic says:

It is entirely possible that this allegation is true.
    However, some people have closed their mind to that possibility.
    If it happened, the feelings of a child (at that time) should be taken into account. The psychological damage, the fact he is a “minister” all have a factor in the decision to come forward now that they are 27.
    A jury will hear the facts, and make a JUDGEMENT in accordance with the law.
    When you denigrate someone, without knowing the facts, you have prejudged them.

It may turn out that this person showed great courage to finally step up and accuse this man.

Wait for the evidence, then form an opinion.
    Just because he is a minister doesn’t mean he cant sin.

A pool pit? Really? I wanted to agree with what you were saying, but I really can’t get past that part of the sentence. A pool pit. Classic.

• Adrienne says:

To serve you notice!!! I’m not a preacher, nor do I have the desire to be behind a pulpit preaching or speaking. Whether you like the way I posted my comments or had negative feed-back; that is not a problem because you have your opinion, just as I had my opinion. I don’t serve Thomas A. Wiggins Jr, I serve the Lord, and I’m not judging anyone, I don’t have authority to do such. I am not without sin, that is why I pray everyday, noon and night. So whatever you say on this page, “ALL IS WELL”.

Do you have information that we don’t have when you say, “Maybe the godly person you are protecting should not have touched and or abused a minor”?

You’re assuming he’s already guilty, and in your mind, you have already convicted him. But the facts have not come out yet, and he hasn’t been convicted yet. Your statements are premature and based on assumptions.

I heard once, “If a lie is repeated often enough, all the dumb jackasses in the world not only come to believe it, but they even swear by it.” Please don’t fall prey to your mind being swayed so easily by assumptions.

• Concerned One says:

All caps is the equivalent of shouting or yelling in the virtual world. It has nothing to do with how educated you are or the lack there of. Limit your comments to the topic at hand. Attacking someone based on your analysis of their posts is very low. There are people hurting due to this incident. Those that are affected are those who support Wiggins as well as the individuals who decided to press charges. The posts are merely a way for individuals to express what their feelings or thoughts are regarding the current topic. Let’s be respectful people.