16 Comments for this article

Tags: , ,

SHALLOTTE, NC (WWAY) — A woman is dead and two other people injured after a crash this morning near Shallotte. Highway Patrol says it happened around 8:30 a.m. on McMilly Road.

Tpr. K.E. Herring says Lajai Webster, 16, of Longwood was heading north on McMilly on his way to West Brunswick High School when he passed another car in a no passing zone. Herring says as Webster moved back into the proper lane, he lost control, overcorrected and crossed the center line. Herring says another car, driven by Rita Alford, 45, of Bolivia, hit Webster’s car.

Alford died in the crash. A passenger in Alford’s car, Erin West, 30, of Leland, was taken by ambulance to New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington. Webster was airlifted to NHRMC. Herring says both West and Webster have life-threatening injuries.

Charges are pending.

Comment on this Story

16 Comments on "FIRST ON 3: Woman killed, two injured in morning wreck near Shallotte"

Barile

God Bless all involved!

dgw
2015 years 8 months ago

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for all involved.

dgw
2015 years 8 months ago

Feel sorry for the person that caused all this? How about feeling sorry for the passager of Rita’s car? At least Rita isn’t suffering like her passsager is. Going on 2 weeks tomorrow and the passager is still in the hospital in serious condition. Keep feeling sorry for the person that broke the law by passing in a no passing zone while playing in a car on his way to school. Took Rita’s life and Erin has a very long road ahead of her with the serious injuries she has recieved due to this kid. Keep feeling sorry him. I feel sorry for his parents not him.

michele brown
2015 years 8 months ago

This was my aunt on my father’s side.Its very sad what had happen to her.But we must be strong and pull together for her daughter,and her boyfriend.They need all the prayers and support they can get.
I truely feel bad for the person that caused all this.
God Bless all three familes that were touch in this accident.

dgw
2015 years 8 months ago

Both families?? I hope you meant Rita and Erin’s families. This kid broke the law and took a life and has forever changed another. I sure hope you didn’t mean his family and Rita’s. There were 2 victims in this wreck and one guilty party. The 2 victims are Rita and Erin not this kid.

Guest9999
2015 years 8 months ago

So so sorry for both families loss. My heart and prayers go out to you all… Such a tradgety.

dgw
2015 years 8 months ago

Thanks for the prayer. It is appreciated.

Andrea
2015 years 8 months ago

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray for all of the people affected by this tragic event which has occurred…I pray that you place your Loving Hands and Angels around this family Dear Lord, and that you hold them and comfort them all from this point forward. Thank you so very much for being The Loving and Merciful God that you are!!! Lord, you are Amazing!!!! Without You, Lord, nothing is possible!!!! I pray for Your will to be done and that you bless this family with strength and courage throughout this most difficult time…I pray that everything this family does Glorifies You God!! Please hold them and keep them…For they are your children, and they need you now more than ever. I pray they feel your overwhelming presence Lord and that it wil be undeniable that you are holding them!! In Your Loving Son, Jesus’ name, Amen!!

dgw
2015 years 8 months ago

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. They are appreciated.

Guest111
2015 years 8 months ago

The lady that died (Rita) was my aunt, she was a wonderful woman, you could always count on her. She leaves behind an 11 year old daughter and a boyfriend of 14 years, the father of her child. I can only pray that the other two involved will make it through. Please pray for the families.

kastle
2015 years 8 months ago

Rita will be missed.. She also leaves behind a 19 year old son.

TASHA
2015 years 8 months ago

yah but at least my brother grow up with a mom

Destiny and Phoebe Poindexter
2015 years 8 months ago

The woman that died on Monday was a very special person, she was our cousin. We pray for the families and especially the Husband and Daughter. My God be with them and all.
Love,
Destiny Poindexter & Phoebe Poindexter

dgw
2015 years 8 months ago

Not only did the passenger in this car, Erin West, lose a friend and get critically injuried, now she has lost her job because the Attorney she worked for in Shalotte thinks that people shouldn’t drive down McMilly Road. Erin has extensive medicial bills due to this accident because Lajai Webster had minium insurance required by NC. Now she has no medical insurance due to this Attorney. Good move Mr. Attorney….

kastle
2015 years 8 months ago

the lady who passed is my ex boyfriends mother.. she will be missed

old friend
2015 years 8 months ago

I’ve known Rita for years, she had a great and funny personality. She will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with all families involved.