FIRST ON 3 UPDATE: Deadly shooting at Columbus County party, deputies searching for shooter

Tags: , , , , ,

Submitted: Sat, 12/17/2011 - 7:09pm
Updated: Mon, 12/19/2011 - 1:34pm By:

DELCO, NC (WWAY) — Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten says one man is dead and two women injured after a party turned deadly early Saturday morning.

Deputies responded just after 4 a.m. to a shooting at the Triple K Ranch on Big Branch Road in Delco, where Sheriff Batten says there was party that was heavily advertised.

According to the Sheriff’s Office Dysheka Bell, 17, of 66 Hoover Road, went by private vehicle to Columbus Regional Health Care with a gunshot wound to the abdomen. Miyah Moore, 16, of Big Branch Road, went to Cape Fear Hospital with a gunshot wound to the hand. Ulicus Robinson, 31, of 2742 Robinson Trail in Northwest, was transported to New Hanover Regional Medical Center with two gunshot wounds to the abdomen. Robinson died shortly after arriving at NHRMC.

According to Sheriff Batten, investigators believe the shooter was the same man who showed up at the party and was not recognized by anyone. We are told he was throwing signs and pushing people around. A fight started, gunshots were fired and Robinson was killed.

The shooter has not been found and no arrests have been made.

Investigators say early information is that the club was rented for a birthday party. Recent complaints have been made concerning parties at the club, the Sheriff’s Office said. When officers arrived this morning the club and parking lot were vacant.

The Columbus County Sheriff’s Office and the Northwest Police Department are investigating. Investigators ask that anyone who was at the club at the time of the shooting or has information to contact the Sheriff’s Office at (910) 642-6551.

So Im Assuming You’re One? If the place is such a dump, DON’T GO BACK. If they let you in, your last statement was true.

This place is nothing but a death trap its a little house sitting on a dirt road that is only one way in and one way out. How can you say this place is not a club? Its call the “AFTER CLUB SPOT” people always go there just about every weekend around 2:00am and leave around 6:00am. The only thing that change about this place is the DeeJay and the admission price. They NEVER check ID, they sell Alcohol, & Fried Chicken. Only thing this place care about is MONEY. The owners of this Daycare, Club, After Club Spot whatever you want to call this place really need to be held accountable.
    I remember the first time I went to “THE RANCH” it was about 2yrs old. When we got arrived there was a few guys standing on this dirt road. They stopped the car two of the guys searched the cars and other guy was the money man and the other two search the men coming to the club. There was not a girl bouncer so the girls didnt get searched. There was soo many people in this LITTLE house. I felt like i was going to pass out & was unsafe so me and my boyfriend left. On the way out we had to wait for them to search the other cars before we could leave since its only one road to this place. I guess things have changed since then. I went back to this place this summer and the only thing that changed was NO ONE or NO car was searched. This place is a NIGHTMARE.
    My prayers go out to the family that lost their love one. To those young girls that were out there remember you are still young and you have a life to live. Stop trying to grow up so fast the clubs and parties will still be there when you are of age to go and when you are fine another place to go have fun.

• Guestlksmf;lemwf;lwe,f says:

A lease establishment does not protect the owners if the owners are aware of the illegal activities that occur and do nothing about it… thats like saing if I have a home and a child is being abused in it and I am rented it to the childs mother and I do nothing about it even though i have been made aware of it numerous times and I see the bruises and hear the noise and have even been their when it occurs I am not liable to do something to protect them.. just saying

• whateveryou think1234 says:

Actually I can honestly say i do not have anything illegal in my closet, my home, my life or my property and if I as a owner was well aware of the illegal activites that are going on and do nothing to stop them and then someone gets MURDERED becasue of it then yes the finger should be pointed at me too… Save your prayers for me and pray for the owners of this establishment that were the cause and effect for getting 3 “innocent” people shot.. Thank you and God Bless

Fried chicken?????? PRICELESS!!!

• Guestty says:

it is not true that the leasing party has all the responsibility. if the owners knew what was going on in they are responsible also. The owners knew what was going and had been warned many times that this could happen. That will make him responsible!

• stephanie his sister says:

FIRST OFF I WANT TO THANK THE MAN UP ABOVE. AND I ALSO WANT TO THANK EVERY ONE WHO CALLED ME AND THE POLICE WITH THE INFORMATION SECOND OF ASS I HAVE A QUESTION FOR MR.JAMES. IF MY BROTHER WAS THROWIN UP GANG SINGS WHICH I KNOW IS NOT TRUE WHY IN THE GOOD LORDS NAME WHY YALL DIDNT PUT HIM OUT THE CLUB? third of all if you say he pushed that man 3 times why didnt you put my brother out? BECAUSE YOU IS A LIAR YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU CALLED THE POLICE WHAT A SMALL WORLD YOU WAS SEEN TAKIN THE Liqour Bout the club I TALKED TO YOU AND YOU TOLD ME TO CALL IF I NEED ANYTHIN I GUESS YOU THOUGHT I WAS GOIN TO INFORM YOU ABOUT WHAT I KNEW NO WAY BUDDY. DONT LET THIS WHITE GIRL VOICE FOOL YOU YOU GET NO INFORMATION OUT OF ME BUT I’M NOT MAD I’M JUST hurt as for MR. KILLER HOW DO YOU JUST KILL MY BROTHER LIKE THAT HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT BUT JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED. GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN LOVE ALWAYS YOUR SISTER. R.I.P SIKE AKA BUBBIE AKA KETHO SIDE NOTE STILL LOOKIN FOR MORE INFORMATION 7862347761

• local says:

I can agree with you on that I had to call the police more than once and they came two hours later. I call the sheriff office one day to speak to Mr. Batten about the call I made and it took me forever to get to talk to him. His secretary said he was out and she would have him to call me back but he never did. So I called him back this time I talked to him and he had a detective to call me back. The detective told me there was no record of me calling 911 that night. Then there was one night I call 911 and about a hour later the 911 center called me back and ask had things calm down. I told them if not, some one would be dead by now and I then ask them where was the police. And by then there was no need of them showing up. Columbus County sheriff department only cares about whats going on in the other part of the county not in Delco, because they know whats going on; they just don’t care.

• stephanie sister says:

BABY I KNOW DONT ARGUE WITH THESE KIND OF PEOPLE THEY MIGHT THINK THAT WE DONT KNOW ALOT OF STUFF CAUSE WE IN MIAMI BUT TRUTH BE TOLD WE KNOW ALOT MORE THAN I TOLD MR.JAMES OH YEAH MR.JAMES HOW COME YOU NOT ANWSERIN THE PHONE FOR ME NO MORE HAHAHA. ! GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

• STEPHANIE says:

SAD.MRJAMES WHERE YOU WAS?

• STEPHANIE THE SISTER says:

WE FROM MIAMI FLORIDA AND WE HAVE METAI/DETECTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ME says:

First off northwest shouldnt be doing the investigating, the club is always full of columbus county people. Second you need to start with the
    Clowns that threw the party and ask why security is always letting their crew in the club with weapons but patting everyone else down the door. This isnt the first the first time. Im just saying, dont have to be a detective to get on with this one.

• Sorry to hear but won't be the last unless something is done says:

Birthday party? what party starts at 1230am? If the “shooter” was someone they didn’t know why would they let him in? If it was a birthday party of friends and family why wasn’t there anyone there when the sheriff pulled up on scene? With a hundred plus people that was there you would think they would have been able to stop the guy instead of fleeing like criminals. There is way more to this story then what is coming out!!! To the family of the one that past away my thoughts and prayers are with you!!! Get your justices and just know the owners of the Triple K Ranch know what was going on!!!

• babigurl36 says:

I don’t know why anyone would want to party at this place because its entirely too small!I’ve never been in the place but I did attend a party that a job chose for their Christmas party.The outside part where they had it look bigger than the building!They really need to shut it down before someone else lose their life in that DEATH TRAP of a club! My sympathy goes out to the family who lost their love one.God Bless You All!

• his sister from another mother says:

HE IS MISSED SO MUCH. WHO EVA DID THIS SHOULD BE PUNISHED LIKE IN THE OLD DAYS, HUNG… HE WAS A SWEET PERSON AN WOULD HELP ANYONE HE COULD. HE WAS NOT IN NO GANG SO I KNOW HE WAS NOT THROWING UP NO SIGNS. HE WAS THERE TO SUPPORT A FRIEND THAT HAD JUST LOST HIS FATHER, WHICH THEY WERE PUTTING AWAY THE NEXT DAY. THEY WANTED TO CHEER HIS FRIEND UP, THATS THE ONLY REASON HE WENT OUT THAT NIGHT. MR. KILLER YOU DONT KNOW HOW YOU HAVE HURT THIS FAMILY, THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!! I HOPE U SEE HIM EVERY TIME U CLOSE YOUR EYES TO GO TO SLEEP AT NIGHT…… BRUH BRUH THIS YA SISTERS HERE IN NC, WE LOVE U, AN WILL NEVA FORGET YA. R.I.P.

• Guestlnsflkjnglkmgkmgv says:

wow…glad someone admitted it was a “club” I thought it was just a rented facility… also the dummy who did the interview on the other station (who suppose to be the property manager of the dump) admitted they have kids there and something about a daycare… hello dont daycares need to be in a licensed facility…. just sayin…oh the owners know too…looks like someone could sue them and make them pay

• GuestReality says:

Revenge has no more quenching effect on emotions than salt water has on thirst.

• Gramps1935 says:

Dozens of people were there.2 ladies were shot. And they don’t know who shot them ? And nobody knows nothing ? A man was murdered. Not a single coward is willing to come foward, and stand up to this low-life, punk, monster, who murders people, and tell the police ? No wonder our society is so bad.

These ‘Know-Nothing,Cowards’ are almost as low as the murderer.

• reattoo says:

Triple K Ranch in Delco, NC is a private company categorized under Social Service and Welfare Organizations. Also read it is a NOT FOR PROFIT.

WWAY you need to check this out. Sounds very fishy.

• Guestomg says:

A Taste of HONEY @ the Triple K Ranch. They also have strippers. This place is a dump.The owner will let anyone and anything in that place.

• local says:

I can believe that no one was there when the police finally showed up. I use to live in that county and in that town. One could commit a crime, have dinner at the crime scene and move residence by the time the police arrive.

• Guestdsgtrghthh says:

Yes the owners should be responsible when they are well aware of the illegal activities and are profitting of such illegal activities and are aware of what is going on… you can tell me them keith brothers had no clue.. they were well aware and were to busy try to line there own pockets they tey put greeed before the care of others lifes… dont worry the Lord will judge hthem and he knows what they are up too.. And yes they should be held accountable if they rented a facility more then once to the same crowds or people knowing mischeif and illegal things aer going on and do nothing about it… think about it if it was your family member who died or better yet their family member I bet they would be sueing you… Hope they burn in Hell and in prison for all I care

• Guestxvdgrdhrhy says:

Dear Sister.. I seen the reply below and wanted to wirte to you as well.. Helping children my butt.. they are chargeing to run illegal daycares from a no commercial prperty, and they have trail rides and sell alcohol and other things that should not be since Columbus County is a dry county. I hope you stick it too them…

• guest who says:

Who ever wrote this really need JESUS??? They can’t control what people due when u rent a place. U can only ask people not to have illegal things on your property. I bet right now that u have some illegal things in your closet right now. I want say, I hope u burn in hell or go to prison. I’m just going to PRAY for FOOL’S LIKE YOU, SO DON’T POINT FINGER AT NO BODY BUT THE SHOOTER…….

• 24baller says:

Heart and prayer goes out to the whole community.
    Looks like a lease was established in this case and the least protects the owners and default ownership to the party leasing the establishment. May God. BLESS

I’ve never heard about them selling drugs. Have you? Also, the illegal daycare..If you’ve heard these things why haven’t you told. Exactly! Because you heard it NOT know it to be true. Obviously, you’re the only stupid one because you dont know how to spell “DEAF”. You’re highly intelligent. I know you’re income is very low.

• Guestsnmdeklwnfeklwfnlknm says:

you must be so intelligent either becasue you can’t spell excuse… LOL oh and it should have be dead not deaf becuase you butt would have to be dead in order to NOT know what goes on there… Now spell MORON thats what you are…

Yes this is sad and should be looked into before more are killed or harmed. This place has tapped into taxpayers’ money and has received pork barrell money from lawmakers needing votes. it is a haven for crime and though some good people do attend many criminals do. Why do the taxpayers pay for this? It cannot be right. WWAY you need to investigate this and the community organizers that obtain money from the taxpayers. Ask Mitchell Tyler, RC Soles and Bill Rabon. If they are truthful they will tell you about the money they send in there.

Really? They have taken many people off the streets? What to sell there drugs? THERE ARE NEVER KIDS OUT THERE RIDING HORSES!!!! The only time kids are out there is when the illegal daycare is going on. I guess you don’t know the Keith brothers if you think they let people use that facility free of charge! You said “it’s clearly not the owners fault” are you kidding me? They knew what was going on in that place and for that it’s there fault! They would have to be death,dumb,blind and stupid to not know what was going on!! NO ONE IS THAT STUPID!!!

• Concerned983. says:

Who are you to criticize someone’s parenting skiils?! That is so disrespectful. If they’re not your kids, why are you worried about what they’re doing? You know what assuming does!!! Don’t try to make it seem like it was their fault. Stay in your place. The shooter is responsible!

• taxpayer says:

by the parent(s) of Dysheka and Miyah…what in the hell were these two doing there…or should I say who were these two doing there.

• Danny Young says:

Both of the girls who were shot have a birthday party planned next weekend at the ranch. Just go to their facebook page and check it out. Praying for all-RIP Mr. Robinson

• SOMEONE THAT CARE says:

I JUST WANT TO SAY MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY.ANYBODY THAT KNEW THE GUY THAT DIED KNOW HES NOT A TROUBLE MAKER.WHEN HE DANCES HE JUMPS UP AN DOWN WITH HIS HANDS UP N THE AIR BOUNCIN AROUND,SO HE PROBALY HIT SOMEONE ACCIDENTLY BOUNCIN AN JUMPIN UP AN DOWN.HE WAS A LOVIN GUY LOVED EVERYBOBY.SPOILED YR KIDS GOOD HEART.AGAIN MY PRAYERS GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY.HE WILL SURELY BE MISSED BUT NOT FORGOTTEN.

• Guest oops says:

They said the guy that did the shooting……please re read….. but I am sorry for the lost .hope they catch the shooter

• jessica says:

yes he will truly be missed he was never the type of person to start anything i just hope justice is made. we are hurting but we know he is in a better place

• sister says:

thanks he surely will be miss

..for a fight and got more than he wanted.

• SOMEONE WHO CARES says:

HES NOT THE TYPE GO LOOKIN FOR ANYTHING.

• jessica says:

no he never went looking for a fight you just have the people in this world that are not nice and can be evil

• Concern about you says:

You really have no ideal what you are talking about, maybe you went looking for a fight and did what you wanted.

• saysay says:

no one deserve to die and i know my big brother didnt start any mess but god will take care of the person who killed him far better then we can god bless..

The citizens in this area are concerned for their welfare and safety due to multiple incidents that occur surrounding Triple K Ranch. This is a dangerous place & the owners have been notified by the people of the community about the suspected criminal activity at the site and the noise. Columbus County Sheriffs Dept. has been made fully aware and have done nothing as well. Maybe this will be an end to it. Also there is a known that a Community Support Agency in the area that has things on this property during the daytime for people with mental and developmental disabilities that are Medicaid funded by the taxpayers and there are alleged night clubs, drugs and alcohol at the same location at night. It concerns us that you can rent a faciltiy to anyone for and not have any further responsiblity to the community.. and do they pay taxes on their profits.. maybe some books need checking

• GUESS TWO says:

The Triple K Ranch is a RANCH not a nightclub. Yes, there are parties about every weekend BUT there are also birthday parties, family gatherings, & horse club events. Do you think they would be having all of these events at a club?? NO! The owner should not be held responsible if the building was reserved. Other than the shooter,noone should be held responsible. FYI:If you’re going to make comments, PLEASE STATE FACTS .If a person get shot in a school house or any other public place are they responsible?????

• concerened says:

This wasn’t a Birthday party!!!! This party has been going on every friday and Saturday night for the past 4 weekends. The party didn’t even get started until 1130 or 1200. The last four weekends they were out there later then 530am!!! Night club not a party!!!

• hill says:

We really don’t known if the two men new either other,I heard it was gang related and drugs.Somebody had to running off at the mouth or something, No one just don’t go up to someone and start shooting them for nothing. SO LET’S JUST GET THE FACTS OK????

• Night club!!! says:

This wasn’t a birthday like there saying!! This party has been going on for the past four weekends. They don’t even start coming in until 1130 or 1200 and don’t stop the party until after 530am. This was Friday and Saturday night for the past four weekends. The owners should be held accountable!!! They knew this activity was going on and didn’t do anything about it. I hope the guys family that past away takes action!!

• mercedes miller says:

Im the victim sister my brother moved back to north carolina from florida to help his sick father haven’t been out to any clubs in months he’s a home body never was into the club scene he is my mother oldest son we never lost someone so close in our family before we are really hurting right now we was really close and i myself personally is going to seek justice for anyone who have any information please contact the police or email me personally at mamasay_say22@yahoo.com thank you and may god bless you all stay prayed up..

• cousins says:

I want to think my father above for blessing me with such a wonder cousin and person to call a family member. He was a sweet loving person and stayed with a smile on his face always willing to help others. It is sad that someone took my cousin away from our family while he was out just enjoy life. He was a son,brother,uncle,nephew,cousin and friend. My heart goes out to the families who was also hurt in this shooting! Please Stop The Violence and May Justice Be Served! Rest In Peace Cousins!

• Local says:

This “party” was not an isolated incident, the ranch is “rented out” almost every weekend night. Numerous complaints have been called in to the 911 center and sheriffs office. Very little to no action has ever been taken. The AFT and SBI need to investigate this place for alcohol and gambling violations since the CCSD seems to want ignore it. How many more need to die before this place is shut down. The property owners know what goes on there and the family of the injured should hold them responsible with a civil law suit.

• stephanie says:

hello hi this is his sister from miami florida i was wondering could you help me get the phone number for that place . i been trying but i have no luck please contact me at 786.234.7761 or email me @ stephaniemiller3324@yahoo.com or my facebook MsAlreadyTaken .

• sister says:

for anyone who got any information about the death of my oldest brother i ask that you please contact the police… im still in disbelief myself but i promise i will not stop seeking justice for my brother death and yes the club owner will be held accountable for the death of my brother thank you guys for your prayers and may god be with all of you…

• stephanie says:

hi this his sister from miami can you please call me 786.234.7761

• informedskjfhwejkfn says:

hold them owners accountable for the death of such a wonderful brother… theys are trying to say this was a birthday party an christmas party when theys know that a club was being ran out of this illegal unlicensed place.. remmeber columbus cty is dry county..no alcohol should be serve and you cant run business without it being commercial prperty and exspecially a club..you need license. Also there was supposed gambling there and underage people involved. plus if this was a innocent place an the so call prperty manager was there when shoots were fired then why do he before the police arrived too..

• Ms W says:

Dear Sister, I’m really sorry for the loss of your brother. I just wanted to let you know, the owners of Triple K ranch have helped many children in the community. They’ve taken many peple off the streets and gave them something to keep them occupied.The children love riding the horses and taking care of them. The ranch constantly have family related functions at no charge to the families. You may want to look at the people who had the party. I’ve gone to the ranch at least 30 times in the last 4 years. there were over 1000 people and not one thing has happened. It’s clearly not the owners fault. There are many people who use the property at no charge. Trying to go after the owners would only result in others not getting help they need in the future. I’m sure it’s difficult right now but please think of the people who need the facility. There is no other place in the area to help them.

• ME says:

I’m not talking about the victim, I was referring to the shooter. Sorry for the confusion.

• stright-up says:

Bet the AFT, SBI and the Reverend Doctor Wiliam Barber (President of the North Carolina NAACP, can untangle this MESS FROM HELL!

• stephanie says:

my name is stephanie can you call me 7862347761 iam his sis;;

• lou says:

First off to you Guess Two…..Triple K is an afterhours club…..come on tell it for what it really is!!!!! And yes, the owners are not obvilious to what is goin on around there. The almighty dollar is worth more to them then anything else. Alcohol without permits, drugs….I agree what “credible” est. will start at 1230 and end around sunrise….I know…I know….an “after hours” club. So yes for that the owners should be held accountable too. To the family……sorry for your loss, obtain you a lawyer because you have a great case!!!! With any luck that place will be SHUT down for good!!!! oh and to your remark about other public places and are they responsible….damn right they are if they are allowing illegal activities to go on on the property.

• Guesthhhhhh says:

Triple K Ranch
    Gitterman
    910-231-1193
    910-655-9385

Can anybody translate this?