Columbus County deputies looking for missing 12-year-old girl

Tags: , ,

Submitted: Tue, 12/20/2011 - 5:07pm
Updated: Wed, 12/21/2011 - 2:19pm

COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — The Columbus County Sheriff’s Office is looking for help finding a 12-year-old girl. Sonia Trinidad Barios has been missing from her home in the Welches Creek area of Columbus County since at least early Sunday morning.

She is described as a Hispanic female, 5’5″ tall, 110 pounds with black shoulder length hair and dark brown eyes. She was last seen wearing blue jeans and brown Converse shoes. She is believed to be with Jorge Alesandro Rojas. Rojas is in his mid twenties and may be employed with a metal recycling company in the Wilmington area.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Columbus County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 542-6551.

• Asia Godwin says:

I’m praying that she is found. I’d hate to be in their families position right now, right before Christmas. Hopefully, she will be found so she can be with her family.

Even if she went with Him willingly. My God the child is only twelve years old! Is it because she is Mexican?

Gee….maybe it’s because they don’t have much information to go on at this point. If you have information on this case, by all means report it. I’m sure they will follow up on it.

• Traci Lookadoo says:

I wonder who is investigating this? Sonia has been a guest in my home several times. My own daughter has spent the night with Sonia. They are very close. And nobody has interviewed or attempted to speak with her. I would take her up to talk to the police but I don’t think she knows anything useful. Should I ask the police to speak with her friends? Her parents are really cautious. I don’t get this. They miss some things though because they had little English. I am a spanish student so I enjoyed trying to talk to them. I pray this child is found quickly!

• Info please 2348 says:

From what I am hearing, she left with the man willingly by climbing out her bedroom window. I don’t know how they are connected, but that connection needs to be investigated.

• Bring her home safe says:

I pray to God she is found safe and fast. Prayers for her and her family are happening now. I hope whoever did this is nailed to a wall!