FIRST ON 3: Teacher admitted texting, blew 0.13 after school-night crash

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Submitted: Thu, 12/22/2011 - 4:59am
Updated: Thu, 12/22/2011 - 3:45pm By:

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Texting and driving is never a good thing, especially if you’ve been drinking. A New Hanover County teacher admitted she was doing at least of those things when she hit a van last week. Highway Patrol says she was doing the other.

The Highway Patrol says Theresa Suzanne Jones-Carpenter was just one of 81 weekend DWI arrests in the Cape Fear region. What makes her case unique is that the 36-year-old is a teacher at Castle Hayne Elementary School.

It was early Friday morning when a trooper says Jones-Carpenter rear-ended a van pulling into a parking lot off Dawson Street in Wilmington. On his report, Highway Patrol Sgt. C.M Hardee wrote, “The first thing she said was I was texting and didn’t see him… I feel stupid.” Hardee continued, “I could smell alcohol.”

According to the report, in her first breath test Jones-Carpenter blew a point 0.13, followed by a point 0.12, which is well over the legal limit of 0.08. She is charged with DWI, texting while driving and failure to reduce speed.

We went to Jones-Carpenter’s Wilmington home to try and get a comment, but she was not there.

In Castle Hayne, parents whose children go to the school where Jones-Carpenter works, did not want to go on camera, but said the teacher is entitled to her private life despite her public position.

Paperwork shows that Jones-Carpenter was slurring her speech after the crash, had red glossy eyes and a strong odor of alcohol on her breath. The trooper says she also had a bloody lip from the accident.

Jones-carpenter, who is listed as Suzanne Carpenter on the school’s website, was booked into the New Hanover County Jail just after 4 a.m. Friday, which is about four hours before the school day started at Castle Hayne.

A school district spokeswoman says that no personnel action has been taken yet and that administrators are looking into what happened. There’s no word yet on whether Jones-Carpenter missed work Friday or the two school day since. Today is the first day of winter break for the district.

Jones-Carpenter is due in court February 14.

to write your blog or reply. Then use the spell check and grammar tool. Then cut, copy and paste. Now you look like a scholar and educated person! Plus OpenOffice is free!

• Old Guest says:

The incident occurred at 12:15 a.m., according to the trooper who made the arrest. Does school start at 4:15 a.m., genius??? Get off your high horse, and pray to God you never make the slightest mistake…

• GuestUsed2B99x says:

K-blue, I’m your friend, believe that it’s true. Let me help with some editing before your detractors do. A roll may be a list, like a list of students in a class. It may mean to turn over and over. It may also mean a “bun” in the north or what a chair does when you push with your feet while sitting on your

A role is an expected behavior in a social context.

• anne says:

Yes we all make mistakes – defined as “to blunder in a choice or make an error in something” but then we can make stupid mistakes ‘ defined as “the state of being foolish and unintelligent”. She did not make a mistake – she showed utter stupidity. She chose to drink and drive and then text, which compounded the problem. She may be a good teacher – but she set a sorry example to students and parents alike and for that she must suffer the consequences.

And to respond another way – I am 54, don’t drink and drive (don’t drink period) and I don’t do texting.

• Just another Guest says:

Yes its news, and like they say, a drunk or junkie needs to rock bottom before they can get better. This could be an alcoholic hitting bottom.

Yes its news – parents and children depend on her. Just as much news as a fireman or police officer. Not so much if a painter, construction, sales or whatever, where the job depends on you, not society.

I don’t pity her at all. My family could have been on that road. I’d rather see a drunk go to jail before they hit a tree and destroy their family, or worse, destroy mine.

• Bo says:

They will think she made a mistake as you and everyone else on this website have. Hopefully she will learn from it but I personally know that she happens to be an excellent teacher. I dont condone drinking and driving but I’d be willing to bet that 95% of people on this website have done so at some point and just didn’t get caught. What other transgressions do you feel people should be put to shame for and how many of them are you guilty of?

• Bull jr says:

Sorry to inform you but your child will never have a perfect, mistake-free role model and that includes her mother and father. I don’t know about you but I don’t send my kids to school to find role models I send them to be educated and as long as she does that adquately I’m not overly concerned about her personal issues whatever they may be. This teacher goes above and beyond for her students and my kids have excelled in her class. From what I can tell she is well-liked by her students and parents and hopefully she can continue to teach, if not Castle Hayne Elementary will be losing an excellent teacher.

• Anonymous says:

It is unbelievable to me that there is no better headline for your news report than a DUI arrest. Just how many DUI arrests are made per night in New Hanover County, especially now during the Holiday Season. I work with this teacher, and know her personally. I know that she is a wonderful and caring teacher who does nothing but her best to ensure her students are exceeding their grade level goals. I cannot believe that you would run her name through the mud for making a bad decision (outside of work hours) that I am sure we all have made at some point in time. Although she may be a teacher she is also a human being. She has a personal life outside of work, just like we all do. I am sure that she is not the only teacher that maintains a social life outside of her career. The decisions she makes outside of her working hours does not reflect what kind of teacher she is or how she works with her children. I’m sure there are lots of other people that are doing major criminal acts that you could be taking your time to prosecute.
    And for those of you who have no idea how the system works, she was arrested at 12:15, on her way home, but wasnt booked until 4 am!! Give me a break! You all act holier than though, as if you have never made a mistake in your life!! Get a life people!!!!!!!

go to mugshots.starnewsonline.com and you can see most of those booked into the NHC jail so its not all that hard to see the “other 79″ if you really do care that much.. Funny thing was I didnt see her pic when I went to look her up. Also when the story first posted it was said she blew .08 right at the limit so not sure how the info got messed up. I doubt she’ll lose her job as it doesnt require her to drive students around. She should be eligible for a restricted license (assuming its her 1st offense and she was 2X legal limit therefore its not aggrivated Drunk driving or what they list as DWI Level 5 on the Dept of Corrections offender registry) to get back adn forth to work, legit medical appts and church should she chose to go. She made a bad choice thats obvious and she will pay for it because the DWI automatically puts her in the high risk pool for minimum 3 years and the texting while driving I think is equivalent to reckless driving violation as well. For those who made mention and assumed she was going to go to work had she not been in the accident are making assumptions, Yes she might have but she also might have called in sick to work you werent inside her head so you cant ASSUME anything.. I normally am very intolerent of DWIs due to family history of one hitting my mother at noon on a Saturday and causing her to have permenant back issues as a result. I dont condone what she did but her job has zero to do with her mistake so lets not make a tossed salad when all you have lettuce and cabbage in the bowl.. As hard as it is to get decent teachers (I personally dont know if she was any good obviously) but having friends in the field they are sorely underpaid and the good ones rarely stay for long unless they truly love what they do.

private schools are cheap but under tax code changes tuition is deductable if its an option. As for home schooling I disagree its expensive my exwife and former sister in law were both home schooled and my former inlaws were far from flush with cash. Their father worked as a mechanic making about $500 a week if he was lucky and their mother was a clerk at a used car lot making minimum wage PT yet they still learned and ironically my ex-wife got her GED sooner then she would have graduated HS by a year, and graduated nursing school with honors within a few years. It can be done. Its a matter of priorities like it or not. Whats more important in the end the big expensive $200 cell phone bill and cable bills or your kids future.. My parents sent me to private school for 1st-6th grades (which to me are the most important years as you learn the basics of reading, writing, math skills) on a single income with my dad as a mid level military officer which I can promise you 30 yrs ago is much much less then it is nowadays. We would literally be left with $10-$20 for 10 days at the end of the month (back then the miltary paid monthly not 2X a month as they do now in most cases) so it wasnt easy but again its a case of what is more important trivial objects or again the future of your children its your decision in the end. Personally I dont have kids of my own yet but if and when I do I can guarantee my wife and I will sacrifice what we must to make sure they get a quality education in a private school at least for the 1st several years.

• Guest20/20 says:

Home school and private schools are not real options….these kids parents drink,the kids see them drinking, probably see them drive after consuming alchol and private school teachers drink too so what are the other options?

• Justin says:

a doctor who has patients in his waiting room five hours earlier? A dentist or surgeon scheduled for a procedure? A nurse pulling another double shift? If you’re going to call out a teacher for making this kind of mistake, why not medical professionals? And why stop there – truck and taxi cab drivers, pre-school instructors, food service professionals, nuclear plant employees. Let’s be honest; the ONLY reason TV3 highlighted this teacher’s stupid mistake was because they were tipped off by someone…there was no “investigative reporting” involved… just a pissed off parent, co-worker of ex-boyfriend who held a grudge against this woman. And the media played right into their hands. Of the 80+ people busted during the latest DUI roundups, at least 30% were white-collar professionals – maybe more. If TV3 is going to use someone’s profession as the litmus test for their decision to highlight an arrest, their current method of prioritizing their coverage is greatly flawed.

• GuestUsed2B99x says:

Mya, there would have been a time not too long ago where I would have had a little fun with your statement that our country is falling to Facism, trying to downplay your sense of worry and to be re-assuring that all will be well in America forever.

I agree with you, our freedoms have been deteriorating at an increasing rate over the recent years. Checkpoints, conforming driver licenses, saturation patrols and other intrusions all done in the name of the “will of the public” and “public safety”. Just remember to smile for the Trooper the next time you pass through a roadblock and have your “papers” ready!

History records that during the World War II era, FDR and Chuchill were known to enjoy their “spirits”. Hitler was a teetotaler.

• Texas Tech says:

In Texas you can have at least two DWIs on your record and still teach. I was amazed that my ex-wife got her second DWI last spring and managed to keep her job and her certificate. As long as you go to rehab and follow the steps, you can’t lose your job until the third one.

• Idiot Trooper says:

The fact that WWAY and the idiot Trooper decided to print and make a video detailing the exact blood alcohol level of Mrs. Carpenter is all the ammunition she will need to get this DUI thrown out of court. How can she expect to get a fair and impartial jury at this point? The trooper knew he had done something wrong because in the Star News article he stated that he did not want to release the exact blood alcohol level because the case was still on-going. Merry Christmas Mrs. Carpenter, an overzealous reporter and a ignorant trooper may have just handed you a get out of jail free card.

• SMDH says:

TRASH. I AM DISGUSTED BY THE FACT YOU ARE SPELL CHECKING ON A MESSAGE BOARD.. THAT BAFFLES ME. I AM GLAD YOU KNOW HOW TO SPELL THE WORD DUMB CORRECTLY. AND YOU SHOULD. IT MUST BE YOUR MIDDLE NAME. YOU ARE A JERK. PEOPLE HAVE DIED AT THE HANDS OF DRUNK DRIVERS AND ALL YOU WANT TO POINT OUT IN MY POST IS THAT I DIDN’T TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WAS SPELLED CORRECTLY. ARE WE IN GRAMMAR SCHOOL? ARE YOU AN ENGLISH TEACHER COMING ON HERE DEFENDING YOUR LAW BREAKING FRIEND. WELL, BE OFFENDED. TELL IT TO SOMEONE WHO CARES. (BTW, I’M NOT REALLY YELLING, JUST DIDN’T WANT TO TURN OFF MY CAPS AFTER I STARTED TYPING..OH WELL)

• Andrew Maravich says:

Judge not lest ye be judged! This woman made a mistake, you haven’t. Give her a break and get back to work. All of you complaining and griping makes me sick. You wonder why our country has gone to the dogs, just listen to yourselves. The only reason I’m even responding is because most of you are lazy and have nothing better to do!!!!

She had it coming. Still, I feel sorry for her. She made a very bad choice and now has to pay the consequences. Seriously, texting while driving by itself is more dangerous than a .12 and driving (.13 will not exist in court). Anyway,

drinking and driving + texting while driving = Super Dangerous

was PLENTY of time for her to sober up…now she might not have felt good…but THOUSANDS of men and women pick up guns every day in uniform that don’t “feel good” that morning…

• Scott Pickey says:

Guest1122111 – we didn’t go prying into her closets to see what kind of skeletons she has. We reported a story on someone who broke the law last week.

We covered a woman who not only had an accident – who not only admitted to texting while driving – who not only had been drinking before she chose to get behind the wheel – who not only blew a .13 – but who also blew a .13 less than eight hours before she was to report to work to teach elementary school kids.

That’s not a skeleton – that’s a problem that was committed in public.

What if SHE had been the victim of a drunk driver? This community would be up in arms, demanding that we hang the drunk immediately.

What if she had hit YOUR family member or someone YOU loved and hurt them badly?

I get that many of our readers are emotional about this story. And I get that there were a number of other DWI’s that night – and it appears that we are singling her out.

The truth is, we got a tip that it happened and we felt that because she was a teacher, the community has higher expectations of her than some of her peers in society. So we felt that it was newsworthy.

sp

Scott Pickey
    WWAY News Director

can you read? I don’t think ANYBODY has posted defending the DUI infraction…what people are defending her for is against those who are attacking her because she is a teacher. I will no defend her from drinking and driving…but I don’t really care that she’s a teacher…

reading comprehension skills are severely lacking…read the comment above mine, then read my response in CONTEXT…and if you read on down you will see I am not defending her DWI…

Keep doing your job, Scott. She broke the law, it’s public information, and we have a right to know what kinds of teachers are influencing our kids on a daily basis. You did the right thing. It’s a shame we can’t say the same thing about her.

• kblue2221984 says:

Well put! Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

is an adult…IRREGARDLESS of her profession, it IS APPROPRIATE for her to get knock down, drug out, slapped down DRUNK AT ANY TIME she sees fit…NOW..the DWI part..she should be buried for…the other things she is being attacked for…are irrelevant…UNLESS this is a continuing problem..in which case it needs to be dealt with…at this point…WE DON’T EVEN KNOW IF SHE WAS TO REPORT FOR WORK the next day or not.

“I dont condone what she did but her job has zero to do with her mistake…”

It wasn’t a mistake. She intentionally got in a vehicle and drove it while she was drunk…and was texting at the time. She knows it’s against the law to drive drunk, and texting while driving, and she chose to break the law anyway. She shouldn’t have any special priviledges just because of her profession. Heck, if we’re doing that, let’s let all doctors off the hook too…and my barber could really use a break, and my pet sitter.

I don’t agree that “her job has zero to do with her mistake…”
    She’s a teacher. She influences young minds on a daily basis. I want to know if someone who is teaching my child is breaking the law and providing my child with a negative influence. I’m also sure it’s an embarrassment to her employer, and it shows a total lack of good judgement on her part.

All that aside, if you had been the one she hit, I think you might have a different viewpoint.

• GuestUsed2B99x says:

APPALLING, I’ll tell you what’s appalling, first, calling another writer a piece of trash. The principal element which was called to task in the post that elicited your response was the mal-statement that a Herpes scar was visible. The article states that the driver was injured with a cut lip.

Don’t let the lowlife criminal defenders have one inch. No different than the punks that are breaking & entering, holding up stores or any other crime.
    No excuse and it isn’t a mistake. All criminal activities are active choices made by a criminal. It really is just that simple.

• kblue2221984 says:

Sorry, had to clear my throat. Just wanted to reiterate something Scott hit on in his post. When a public figure such as a Lawyer, Law Enforcement Officer, Mayor, Teacher, Or someone famous such as KBlue gets arrested? Its made public. Why? We are roll models and are held to a higher standard. Had it been a Police Officer? would anyone be saying “Awe poor fella”? I’ll answer that, “NOPE”, He/she would already be on the end of the rope! Why? I’ll answer that too “they are held to a higher standard” I get the “she made a mistake” thing, I get the “we all make mistakes” thing as well. But we all know when we take these positions that this could happen. Go read the post’s about the sick twisted North Topsail Beach Police Officer that got caught peeking in a young women’s window and read how many people wrote “awe he made a mistake”! Or “why do you have to put that on the news”?

My “Opinion” is if your gonna post one public official for wrong doing? Post them all. Nuff said……Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

• guestonashelf says:

I feel bad for this woman, but when you take a job like teacher, firefighter, cop, etc you know a mistake like this may make the news. Fair or not, you know what you signed up for. Don’t do the crime……

Also, it does not help keeping things hush when you crash into one of the local newspaper’s distribution vans.

There’s no mob mentality here. Just a group of law abiding people who believe teachers shouldn’t be singled out as exempt from public information regarding committed crimes. Yes, it’s a crime to drink and drive (and text while driving) in the State of North Carolina.

If she gets fired, she brought it on herself. WWAY didn’t make her take that drink and then get in her car, and they didn’t make her text while she was driving. She chose to do it, knowing it was an illegal activity. She could have killed someone…she’s really lucky that she didn’t.

I know that if I drive drunk and get arrested, I’ll lose my license. I’m sure she knows the same thing. But she chose to risk her job anyway. Why should she be held any less accountable just because she’s a teacher? That’s certainly a position that requires MORE accountability, not less.

No, I’ve never driven drunk or even considered it. Law abiding citizens don’t drink and then drive. I value my life, other people’s lives and property, and my job too much to risk it.

If you want to see the other DUI’s, check out the Star News website. They show pictures and names. It’s public information.

• Missy says:

This discussion is over! Someone has been accused of being a Nazi!!

That’s the last insult in a futile argument.

• kblue2221984 says:

I have always been terrible at math!!!Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

• GuestGrammarKing says:

If you’re planning on spending your time correcting Kblue’s grammar and/or punctuation, you’re going to be here all day. Some things just ain’t worth the effort.

• GuestReality says:

It’s hardly fair to blame WWAY for the poor decision that this teacher made. They’re just reporting the facts. It’s public information. WWAY didn’t “run her name through the mud”…she did by her choice to drive drunk.

She could have just as easily called a friend, family member, or a taxi to take her home. There’s nothing wrong with having a social life, and even having a few drinks. But you don’t get behind the wheel of a car and drive after those drinks. It’s illegal, it’s dangerous, and it’s a life threatening decision. Her decision to drive drunk placed others at risk. She could have killed someone. And if she had, those same ones defending her now on this forum would be outraged and just as vocal about that. Having had only a fender bender was just plain lucky. It could have just as easily been a person.

• kblue2221984 says:

“are not” Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

• Challengetheworld says:

Irregardless isn’t a word. Second, yes she has the right to do whatever she wants because she is an adult however those decisions have consequences. She is a teacher, an educator and now a failure.

Just because it happened once doesn’t mean there IS NOT a problem. The problem here is she severely broke the law and deserves whatever the public chooses to dish out. It also does not matter if she was due to report the next day or not. She made a poor decision now she needs to suffer the pain of public dischord.

Where is your outrage for all the other folks who broke the law and ended up on the local news? I don’t see 100+ comments defending anyone else. I’m sure some of those others were good people too. It sounds to me like this one hits a little too close to home for many.

but attractive young women should be held to a different standard. If she says she’s sorry, we should give her another chance. She already said she felt stupid for texting while hitting the van. I think this is sufficient.

Not saying you are wrong because I don’t know what branch of service you are referring to but I was in the Navy in the early 1960’s….we got paid every 2 weeks, that was 50 years ago!!!

• Guest with an education. says:

I didn’t spell check. I saw an TERRIBLY IGNORANT reponse to this story so I thought I would ruffle your feathers a little. You took the bait quite nicely and handed us a wonderful assembly of fragmented sentences in all caps, apparently due to your laziness. Stellar. Your mother must be so proud. Checkmate.

My middle name is Keith, by the way. And I’d be happy to meet with you to share the rest of my name and also show you just exactly what kind of a jerk I am.

I do know Suzanne. I am not defending her actions while she was driving. What she did was wrong and she will be dealt with accordingly in a court of law. I firmly believe that the court system that governs our state, flawed as it may be, is reasonably sufficient in prescribing and administering punishment. The problem with this story being shown so much attention is that the court’s punishment will pale in comparison to what all of this attention will bring upon her, which is not how the system is designed to work.

First, educate yourself http://i.word.com/idictionary/irregardless

Second, not a single person is or has condoned her DWI. What is being argued, however, is holding her up to a standard she nor anyone else can live up to. She DESERVES to be punished for what she did…but not attacked because she is a teacher.

At first you were kind of amusing, but now I’m tired of your half-wit comments. Maybe you should just sit out some of these articles, Champ.

• Just another Guest says:

Kblue, I really think you post just to see your name. Nuff said.

• Guest 123 says:

I personally know this woman. She is nothing but smiles and laughter and a good heart. Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has a bad day and once in every persons life, they are put in a bad situation. She did make a mistake. Haven’t you? You people should stop arguing and being so rude about it. Obviously, its an awful thing that happened and I feel awful for her and wish her nothing but the best in her future but EVERY PERSON MAKES A MISTAKE. and to answer all the ” WHAT IF’s”. SURE IT COULD OF HAPPENED, but it didn’t. So let’s all focus on the FACTS and what really did happen instead of what could of. I’m thankful nobody got hurt and I hope all of you have a merry christmas and stop worrying about her mistake.

• SMDH says:

In response to the last paragraph, you are absolutely correct. I have had a change of heart. My desire, honestly, is not to demean or belittle Suzanne at all. I know she is going through the ringer already (with the public opinion and all). So with that said, my apologies to Suzanne for that outlandish subject heading regarding her lip. It was totally uncalled for on my part.

Again, this is not grammar school and I will continue to post my fragmented sentences (whether in lower or upper case letters) at my discretion. No spell check involved. This post is “AS IS”

• Justin says:

She made a mistake and she broke the law. She should, and will, pay for her crimes. I have no problems with her facing the maximum possible penalties for drinking & driving, as well as texting while driving. The issue we were trying to highlight is WWAY’s (lack of) journalistic rationale for singling out this one, lone person in their news coverage. I took a quick look at the StarNewsOnline mugshot database for the last two weeks, and as a lifelong Wilmington resident, I was surprised to see the following; a volunteer firefighter, a local lawyer, a Brunswick County government employee, a local paralegal, three people in the local food industry, a pre-school teacher, a home schooling mother and no less than six college-aged students. Again – why was she singled out? Probably because a co-worker, ex-friend or someone with a grudge called the television station – again, they HAD to be tipped off. Students in our local school system deal with peers selling drugs, “sext-ing’, binge drinking. That’s where examples are seen and set. Teachers, by in large, show up ready to work and educate – you’re ignorant if you think highlighting this arrest on a television website will ever be seen by one of her students.

• Old Guest says:

Yeah baby…she broke the law! I say she should be imprisoned for life! And have her tubes tied so she can’t reproduce more lowlife lawbreaking scum! While we’re at it, maybe she should have to undergo electroshock treatments to remove those lowlife tendencies which obviously would endanger the prison population who would be unfortunate enough to be exposed to her.

• Jennifer says:

Hillbilly reporting to say the VERY least! I am truly amazed at the extremely amateur television stations in the Wilmington area. What the media in this town considers to be newsworthy is at times utterly amusing, but mostly sad. I’m no rocket scientist but “GEEZ”, I know there are other happenings in the area that are in fact NEWS. What a joke.

I can tell you as a fact that I have never gotten behind the wheel drunk. A mistake is locking your keys in the car or showing up for an appointment on the wrong day or other things like that. What she did was a choice. And like it or not any criminal is subject to public scrutiny. As for this station choosing to run with this story, they weren’t the only ones. It was on the other news station’s website and it was in the paper as well. And regardless of whether or not the news outlets ran the story, her name would have appeared in the criminal docket that is published in the paper.

• anonymously says:

So what? Leave the girl alone, she’s got enough trouble with this already. Poor news judgment from WWAY.

• Bull jr says:

You guys are killing me with the “what if” hypothetical doomsday scenarios, “what if” she had killed someone etc…. well she didn’t. We can look at any situation and take the worst possible conclusion and say what if. What if the next time you’re driving and talking on your cell phone you hit a pedestrian? What if you’re driving 5 mph over the speed limit and cause a fatal accident? What if the next time you cut a corner, make the smallest mistake, or have the slightest lapse of judgement it ends up resutlting in the worst case scenario? It is completely pointless to harp on “what if”, deal with the facts of what actually happened and leave it at that. If you thought this was newsworthy because she’s a teacher and her behavior on the night in question may be indicative of what type of teacher she may be or may diminish her effectiveness as an educator then maybe you should take the time to interview some parents of children in her class who can shed some light on the issue.

• GuestSYP says:

Ok, WWAY felt it was important to do a fairly detailed story on a teacher that made a mistake….with picture! Of the remaining 80 other offenders, how many were lawyers, doctors, firemen, bankers, politicians,news reporter,business leader, day-time bus drivers,preachers, truck drivers,nurses etc. Why not list ALL of the names and places of employment (with mug shots) of the remaining 80 offenders. Seems like some reporting sensationalism going on. Yes she should be held completely accountable, under the law, for her actions. They were WRONG! However, I am betting that now that WWAY has made such a story out of it, she will be fired in the next few days, even if her actions had nothing to do with her teaching abilities. The county school system doesn’t like this kind of PR.

Seems like Cliff Pyron (reporter for this story) needs to think before he types. It is ashame that his mistakes will probably not lead to his firing.

• Challengetheworld says:

Its not a real word. You can even look up the origin of the false word or a respectable website. Maybe you can go ask a REAL TEACHER to explain it to you dumb@ss. Futhermore, she deserves to be held to a higher standard because she is a teacher and an adult.

• Cindy Bessimer says:

This woman was DRUNK. .12-.13 is legally drunk, no matter if shes a teacher, preacher, stripper, mayor, senator, janitor, flight attendant etc.

LEGALLY DRUNK on the roads that could have potentially killed someone. THATS WHAT.

• Code Of Ethics says:

CODE OF ETHICS FOR N.C. EDUCATORS

“The educator strives to maintain the respect and confidence of colleagues, students, parents and legal guardians, and the community, and to serve as an appropriate role model. The educator exemplifies a commitment to the teaching and learning processes with accountability to the students, maintains professional growth, exercises professional judgment, and personifies integrity.”

First…what is APPROPRIATE…no drinking? drinking in moderation? Different answers if your a Catholic or Baptist…the last things only apply in class in front of their students and peers…

• Missy says:

WWAY, please continue reporting on DWI’s in our area. As someone who lost a dear friend to a drunk driver I appreciate examples made of every person that makes the choice to endanger the lives of the innocent.

Hopefully, this teacher is just the first.

I think a weekly report on your broadcast, giving names and pictures of these selfish fools who drink and drive would be a great addition to your nightly news broadcasts.

Maybe if people thought that everyone would find out about their decision to drive drunk it may cause them to engage their brain before getting behind the wheel in that condition.

• GuestSincere says:

Mistake? She broke the LAW. There’s a price to be paid for that. Next time maybe she will think about that before she gets in a car drunk.

Any arrest is public record. You can look up anyone on various websites. The fact that she was a teacher, and influences young minds, is a large reason her story is on this site.

If she gets fired, it’s her own fault for the stupid choice she made to drink and drive drunk…not the fault of the media, who are just reporting it.

Sorry, I have zero tolerance for anyone who gets behind the wheel drunk. She could have just as well run over my son or my daughter.

Where are the other 79 photos..dont tell me they were all unemployed and dont work in a public setting? You guys better hope you dont find yourself up on the wrong side of the law one day because you would then have to post your pic on your own website..

Appropriate:

Suitable, fitting, proper, right, correct.

I don’t think either of her actions fit these definitions.

• APPROPRIATE says:

“APPROPRIATE”

She caused a car accident while texting, under the influence of alcohol, over the legal limit.

Probably not appropriate…

Don’t trust a woman with a hyphenated name, it means she can’t commit to something, marriage, drinking and driving rules, texting rules…etc

• anonymous says:

Her personal life is hers? YES, but when it affects my kids, that makes it my business. Good to know my children have such a good role model!!! Thanks for reporting this story!

• anonymous says:

I totally agree. It only takes one accident to cause injury. If you are drinking and driving you should be put to shame! no matter what your profession. She is a TEACHER and supposed to set an example. What are her 1ST GRADE STUDENTS gonna think when they find out.. Some role model!!!

• Anita says:

what is APPROPRIATE??

NOT DRINKING AND DRIVING, THATS WHATS APPROPRIATE.

Yours is one of the stupidest comments Ive seen so far.

• ILMNative says:

Who were the other 80 people that got DWIs?

What are their jobs?

Why not list all people that got charged? I feel sure that there are repeat offenders in the mix; I think that’s a bigger story.

How did WWAY come to find out that this woman was a teacher and why did you choose to focus on her?

This woman, like all of us at some point in our lives, made a bad choice. I do not condone that, but believe that she also does not deserve the additional publicity that the other folks charged are not getting.

I hope that if anyone at WWAY ever gets a DWI that it makes the FRONT PAGE of every news media outlet in the area.

• SMDH says:

Or is that a busted lip from the accident?? Hard to tell. Oh well, I am appalled at the number of folks who are on here defending this woman who BROKE the LAW!!! let me repeat.. SHE BROKE THE LAW FOLKS!! Texting while DRUNK is very dum of her. I have friends who have died at the hands of drunk drivers. And b/c she’s a teacher..you have mercy??? Her profession should exempt her from being put on blast by wwwaytv3?? Really folks. Such hypocrites.

She made a mistake – thankfully nobody was hurt. Everyone makes a mistake in their life. Hopefully she will learn and grow from it. I do not think this should be BIG news. She will have enough problems dealing with this in her personal life, why post her picture and embarass her, where are all the others? Bad form WWAY.. This had nothing to do with her job and although i don’t know her is probably still a very good teacher. Who is to determine appropriate actions – would not a divorce send the wrong message to students ? What about cheating in a relationship ? How about speeding that is bad too right ? Give her a break ! There has to be better news to report on.

WWAY needs to KEEP posting PICTURES of people who continue to Drink while Driving, post the ones that get stopped in ROAD BLOCKS post ALL of them!! Maybe by getting their faces out for the public to see they may think twice before doing it again. Although with that being said some will continue a terrible cycle that they see nothing wrong with. PROBLEM is the DISTRICT ATTORNEY is NOT taking this problem seriously…..just because they may be a teacher or county employee, they should NOT be given any kind of break, they should be punished to the fullest!! Just because they “resign” from their job or “quit” is NOT good enough! They need to accept the FULL responsibillity of their actions. There are too many victims of DUI…..most are innocent lives lost because of someones choice to drink and drive!

• Obama says:

Thats right she should not have been drinking and driving. And court will take care of that. But WOW with the pics and everything thats alittle over board. She teaches from lets say 7am till around 3, plus meetings and fund raisers and tons of other stuff she does far beyond her salary. Why tear this womans life apart? Does she have any prior arrest
    like many on boards and councils around here? Then there would be a story.

• Guest1984 says:

Totally agreed….I’ve been watching WWAY news since moving here in 2001…They do an even better job with their weather and investigative reporting.

• Missy says:

We are forced to send our children to school.

It’s the school board’s job to ensure that the teachers that spend hours each day with our children are responsible and of good moral character.

We have to be made aware of the actions and behavior of our government and people employed by our government.

If WWAY didn’t report it, how would we know it happened?

• deputy 25 says:

MISTAKE???? u call getting behind the wheel of a car drunk, texting a mistake?? is the easiest crime not commit!!! tripping over a limb or turning the vehicle to short and hitting the curb or adding or subtracting something wrong is a mistake, not this. you go and tell that to the courts and the family of dead or maimed victims!!!

• Guestuncw11 says:

You’ve got it a little backwards there. You are not forced to send your children to school. You have the choice to homeschool them. The school board, and teachers are not responsible for making sure your children have a good moral character. YOU ARE. Your children are YOUR responsibility. NOT THE GOVERNMENTS. So, don’t be mad at the system. The system is working just like it always has. When our society gets their priorities straight and stands up to take care of its children, and thus future, you will have no need to blame the schools, and government for how your children have turned out!

• lilly says:

PEOPLE!!! Did ANY OF YOU notice that she got pulled FRIDAY morning!! 4 hours BEFORE school was to START !! I am to assume that if she didn’t get pulled over she would have gone into work… A.K.A. to ‘teach children’ in her drunken state. WOW !! i WONDER how many times she has done this in the past !!!! HOME SCHOOLING is sounding better & better

Excuse me but nobody is forced to send their child to a public school….private schools are available and another option is to home school, so you see you and others do have choices, the government is NOT forcing you to send your child to a public school!!

• lilly says:

it was a FRIDAY MORNING !!!! Her STUDENTS would be waiting for her in 4 HOURS !!! she was SOOOO DRUNK !!!! She would have been DRUNK at WORK~ you do the MATH ~ your a TEACHER !

• lilly says:

THERE goes ‘that word’ MISTAKE again ! ~*~

Did ANY OF YOU NOT READ THE PART that read… she got pulled over on FRIDAY MORNING ~*~ shes a FLIPPING SCHOOL TEACHER !! she BLEW A 0.13 !!! in 4 HOURS SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN CLASS !!! Im just wondering how many times she went to work drunk any other day of the week. Im also wondering how many of our teachers in our school systems are doing the same thing? Do we need to install a breath~a~lizer ( sp )in the office or do random drug test on the teachers of all our schools.

• Missy says:

No, I don’t have it wrong.

If you work, and don’t have a large income, both homeschooling and expensive private schools are out. So yes, you are forced to send your children to public school. That is the reality for the majority of people.

I didn’t say that the government was responsible for my child’s moral charactor. Reread my post.

What I said was the school board was responsible for ensuring that the teachers had good moral charactor.

• Mya says:

What the young lady did wasn’t smart, but I’d bet my Christmas bonus that all of you acting holier than though have done the same thing at one time or another only you didn’t caught.

Yes, she’s a teacher. Yes, she should know better, but we all make mistakes. And if convicted she will pay! Her insurance will double if not triple. She’ll probably lose her license, followed by her job. When she applies for other jobs, the firing and DUI will follow her for life.

Like others have pointed out, why not post the other 79 DUI picture’s convictees. Why single her out? I guess Joe Housewife getting caught for DUI just isn’t sensational enough for you.

This country is falling to FASCISM and this is the best story you can come up with? God help us all.

Scott and Kevin (WWAY Staff),
    I wonder what skeletoms would fall out of your closets if somebody opened them. You guys talk a big game but would you if the roles were reversed??? Maybe one day we will find out.

• Short term guest says:

Herpes. Really? I am appalled at the level of ignorance that shows up in these replies. DumB has a b on the end.

• lilly says:

OH it’s ‘HILLYBILLY’ reporting until one of your family gets killed by a drunk driver ! You better watch what you type. Karma can ‘bite’ when its bad……

• lilly says:

once again ~ lets not use the word MISTAKE when it comes to DRINKING & DRIVING ~

there are NO SHADES of GRAY when you KNOW you WILL be DRINKING that night, thats why there are friends and TAXIS ….

EVERY ONE MUST BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS. Its called being an ADULT.

so F-N GROW UP PEOPLE !!! AND SOBER UP !!!!

• csmot says:

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? It is amazing how everyone jumps to conclusions and assumes that the evidence is there and is totally accurate…The comments that some of you are writing are so hurtful.

I can honestly say that I have been a teacher smeared in the eyes of the public thanks to such WONDERFUL MEDIA COVERAGE (hence the sarcasm)! I, myself, was found innocent of all of my charges, but, it was too late then…Too bad the media wasn’t as eager to do a follow-up story on my innocence, like they did when my charges were filed.

What I can say to this teacher is you will get through this someday. Your humiliation and days of being publicly smeared will fade. I am so sorry that anyone would have this happen. I am still going through problems for that incident. Hold your head high and pray a lot! You will definitely be in my prayers!

since your so curious. My wife’s bosses children go to Laney HS and to clear the air the whole issue was overblown.. The children in question were in fact living at her house and she was their legal guardian (I believe they were her step children in fact but at nearly 4am and what I was told being months old I could be off slightly in the exact resolution) but long story short the story was overblown and unfounded

Thanks Scott! LOL

• deputy 25 says:

SIN??? this is a crime , not a sin. the BIBLE states to ‘obey the laws of the land, respect authority and the laws!!! read it sometime.

well crucify her for the DWI, I’ll be on your side, but the other stuff is irrelevant. I know people carrying guns RIGHT NOW, IN UNIFORM that have hangovers…

• GuestUsed2B99x says:

7969, not long ago a UNCW officer was busted for being drunk on the job. Gawd, I’ll confess this just for the “laughs and giggles”…. I got sh*tfaced drunk with a some cops just last night.

I am unsure how being “hung over” applies to law enforcement, but I know that a hangover is considered impaired in commercial aviation.

• deputy 25 says:

but how many cops with hangovers hit a van 7 hrs before work while texting. hangover at home is one thing but while driving is against the law. i dont drink, but i have arrested an officer in 1996 that was. he blew past the limit. did what i took an oath to do. fair game when u r on the highway.

he who is without sin cast the first stone…Mr/Mrs perfect! Where are the other DWI’s from the last week? I find this just STUPID.

• deputy 25 says:

i am stating this from a law enforcement side too! it is not a mistake!! cant people calling it a mistake on here get that through their heads. SHE DONE THIS INTENTIONAL. SHE IS A TAX PAID EMPLOYEE ON OUR DIME. she is responsible for so many children while they are in her care at a school. it is not like she is someone that works at a local private business that gets paid by private business funds. she is a tax paid employee that is in charge of children it is the publics business to know what we are paying for and expect them to act as ambassadors of the schools. after all she is a TEACHER.she is to be held to a higher standard. SO WHAT IS SHE TEACHING OUR CHILDREN??. you are talking about LIVES of innocent people she could have hurt or killed, even if she did not get caught and went to school and had children in her care. i think you need to sit back and look at the films that i have seen and vehicle crashes that i have investigated and assisted with where there were at one time 7 people killed because of a drunk driver!!! by the way, the drunk driver that killed[ this was over 15 years ago] in a mini van, had a knot on his head and that is all he got. it was 3 adults, 4 children from Indiana that were killed while down for CHRISTMAS in a 35 MPH zone!!!! now what does that tell you ???? he was speeding and drunk, just think if there were texting back then . if you are a law officer, you need to go back to class and get tough on crime. embarrassment sometimes is a good punishment. this lady broke the law and endangered innocent lives as well as her own. ya see, when no one values their life enough when they drive drunk, do ya think they value yours????

• Guest 012374 says:

I am stating this from a law enforcement side, what she did was wrong, but why WWAYTV3 is it front page news. She made a mistake, does that mean she is not a good teacher. How many other people were charged with DWI last week and thier picture is not posted on your site. You have lost a viewer of your news site for sure. I really think you should apologize to this lady for your poor judgement in what is important to post on your site.

Sorry, criminal behavior isn’t a mistake. She made the choice to drink, she made the choice to drive.
    Goodbye Guest 012374.

• taxpayer says:

a double ticket…texting and dwi?

• Jones says:

Why does noone realize that 12:30am on “Friday” is Thursday night? Not that hard to figure out people. I myself am a NHCS teacher who was cut due to the budget, so this sure is diappointing that teachers fortunate enough to still have their jobs take such advantage of the system.

• SurfCityTom says:

on a Friday night apparently. Unless they have classes on Saturday, I doubt that the students suffered.

what your saying is that YOU have NEVER done anything the night before work that would impede your performance? She was off work…last time I checked…she can do pretty much what she wants to do after work and if that’s get drunk…as long as it doesn’t impede her performance REGULARLY…I don’t see the problem

• WilmingtonMAJ says:

You are so right. Teachers should also be single, celibate and have a strict 7pm curfew. Maybe have them live at the schoolhouse. I mean really…having a life? How dare she!

Mind, I am NOT defending drinking and driving, but to say that she is a teacher and therefore can’t go out and have a good time is just silly!

• Robert Green says:

Public schools get another black eye.Most New Hanover teachers should be in the bed getting a good night of rest to fight the uphill battle they face in the classroom.I am sure this is not the first time she has burned the midnight oil.Imagine how motivated she has probably been in the past when trying to educate children with a buzz and little sleep.Your children get shortchanged.

• Challengetheworld says:

Are you joking “WatchDog”? Pay them more money, yes, I agree but this has no context in this discussion. You cannot blame and correlate her career and her life choices in the same argument, that would then open teachers up to poor moral conduct overall! If we have a drunk teacher in the mix, I want to know about it because I want to make sure children stay away from her should she not lose her job.

Furthermore, LACK OF RELIGION IN CLASSROOMS!? Do you think before you speak? IF you want more religion in your child’s classroom you have the right to send him/her to any of the private relgious backed educational facilties in town.

You have a true “ineptitude” of how journalism in a small town works. Sounds like you may indeed be a colleague of the teacher herself. I think many of these posts defending this soon to be former educator are friends of hers without thinking about the danger she put everyone in last night.

I’d love WWAY to get a hold of those drunken texts; then we can see how important it was to nearly kill someone on the road last night. I love a nice drink just like the other guy; AT MY HOUSE with the door locked.

• Watchdog of the Media says:

Pay them more money!!!!! Teachers go through enough stress doing one of the worlds most significant duties while making barely enough to stay off food stamps!!!

And now your try to persecute them online? Shame on WWAY! Find some real news instead of sitting behind your lazy desks and just “surfing the web” for your stories.

This method of journalism is Yellow and Repugnant!

Typical of your lazy reporters “reacting” to news instead of going out in the real world and finding out the real stories that matter!

Get off your pedestals– especially the ones with leather seats in front of a computer monitor that swivel backwards so that your mighty backs and butts are as comfortable as possible!

A lowly teacher on front page? Elections, Iraq War, Holidays, Embattered Councilmen, Cancer, Poverty, lack of religion in our classrooms…. you truly need a new manager in the news office. I feel sorry for your pitifulness, laziness and overall ineptitude!

• Guestsdv says:

How about teachers do the job they applied and studied for at the salary they accepted to work for. If it is not enough then go into another field. I have my degree and work in a very stressful field and I have to work all year long, unlike teachers, and make about the same, but that was what I chose. If I don’t like it, I can leave. What does paying them anymore have to do with her getting drunk, driving and texting and crashing. Do you think that if she was making more she wouldn’t be doing that. As far as it being in the news, I’m fine with it. She is responsible for many tiny lives on a daily basis and she needs to show responsibility. I do not want to have my kids at school with a teacher who is hung over and not able to provide the care and instruction that is expected of her. Don’t want to be in the news don’t make news.

• deputy 25 says:

i know law enforcement/detention officers on food stamps. now that has to arrest and clean up the streets that were taught by good sober teachers. now what pedestals do u want them to sit on???

• Scott Pickey says:

Surf – State Trooper who responded to the scene tells us it happened just after midnight Friday – meaning Thursday night / Friday morning — instead of Friday night / Saturday morning.

sp

Scott Pickey
    WWAY News Director

• Ed says:

It Friday, so she would probably have had class that day.

• AM/PM says:

The teacher could give you a little schooling. 12:15 am friday,

that means friday school day was still to come in 7-8 hours.

You really should change the headline of the story. Friday is not really considered a “school night”. A school night is when you have school the next day. I know WWAY enjoys sensationalizing things, but come on.

• Kevin Wuzzardo says:

Read the story again. 12:15 a.m. That’s BEFORE the Friday school day would have begun.

Thanks
    KEVIN WUZZARDO
    News Content Manager
    WWAY NewsChannel 3

i beg to differ. Read again, it was the early morning on friday,I guess its ok to teach with a buzz,and we wonder why our children are not so bright

• anne says:

She could have been driving the bus in that condition. Texting while driving – stupid to say the least. I guess they will have to wait until the court case is heard, but she should be suspended from driving children around.

She’s a teacher…not a school bus driver. Read the article again.

• Guess Who. says:

Uh, she’s a teacher, not a bus driver. tens of thousands of dollars difference, there.

• Robert Green says:

Poor reading comphrension! 12:15am Friday morning is just 15 minutes into a new day.Trolling around Dawson Street on a late Thursday night into Friday morning raises some red flags as well.With a Friday morning school day commencing in just 7 and 1/2 hours, she would have been ill-prepared to teach.

if YOU do something the night before that makes you ill-prepared for your job the next day…that should raise some red flags? I think she should be punished to the full extent of the law for her DWI…however…if she wants to drink and it doesn’t impeded her job REGULARLY…don’t see a problem.

• Guest 012374 says:

Just because a teacher went out and made a mistake, you have basically slandered her, even though it is public record. I don’t see the names of everyone else that was charged with DWI in New Hanover County last week and thier type of employment listed in your article. What a shame for you to print this article. Now her private life has been made public by you. I’m sure that not everyone that works with WWAY is an absolute angel. What would you do if an employee of WWAY got a DWI? I bet it would not be front page news on your site.

What part of the story was slander?

• deputy 25 says:

there is that word MISTAKE again. her citation will read. that you did unlawfully and willfully drive while under an impairing substance. it doesn’t say you made a mistake and drove impaired.this is the easiest crime not to commit, it is not a mistake.

Maybe you should get somebody to teach you the meaning of “slander” because reporting facts isn’t slander. She is a NHC teacher, she drove under the influence of alcohol and she wrecked. Where is the slander?

You said in your earlier post you were leaving yet you are still here trying to defend a criminal.
    Goodbye Guest 012374.

• Das Weibstück says:

Drinking is one thing, getting arrested so you wont be at work is another. Of course a RESPONSIBLE person wouldn’t have done any of this now would they? NO.

• Guest 777777 says:

I would say that her performance was impeded, when she was bumping into another vehicle. She is suppose to be a role model to children.

I agree. Whether she wants to be or not, she IS a role model. And texting too? Who cares about her feelings right now. She could have killed someone. Don’t the schools know more than that about who’s teaching children?

• GuestSerious says:

Are you honestly saying she intentionally got arrested so she wouldn’t have to be at work the next day? Seriously? Das, I think you’ve finally lost it.

to say…you have a child predator in your church, your doctor might be a drunk, etc. etc..you are assuming humans don’t screw up…she screwed up and should be punished…HOWEVER, this was outside school, so it has NO bearing unless she came to school drunk OR comes to school and it regularly disables her teaching the students…you know what would be quite funny…if this was an anniversary or birthday night and she had the next day OFF…doesn’t excuse the DWI…but it would make half of you look like idiots.

FACT…ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the posters have done SOMETHING the night before work that has impeded their ability to do their jobs…your all hypocrites!..however..she should be publicly flogged for the DWI part…

hold her up to to high a standard, a standard you yourself wouldn’t hold up to as far as her WORK ETHIC..which has NO BEARING on her getting the DWI…

• Das Weibstück says:

I didn’t say she did this on purpose, geeez. Try reading it again.

Some teachers also drive the buses as substitute drivers.

• Old Guest says:

Not in New Hanover County, they don’t.

• Brian says:

Why can’t they figure out that it was Thursday night / Friday morning? Because Americans aren’t taught or forced to THINK anymore. If they were, we wouldn’t have the batch of idiots in Washington that just collected their fat paychecks and went home for the holidays while the rest of us look for jobs.

• Old Guest says:

How do you figure she took “such advantage of the system”? Seems to me that she received unwarranted attention because of her position…the other 80 DWI arrests had no mention at all by the muckrakers.

Could it be that competency had to do with retention of teachers?

• anotherchuck says:

While I do like the fact that this station has dug to un-earth some stories this year, this is a story not worthy of any headline (it’s not even a news story!) and I sincerely hope the same happens to you so we can see your mugshot on the screen with sensationalized headlines that give the impression you are not fit to report (I don’t think you are anyway). Some tactics this station uses are beyond deplorable, have nothing to do with journalism and I hope that your potential future employers are made aware of your lack of intergity… I do not know the person but if I were a family member watching you make her a community pariah you would have more to worry about than the news! I hope you get yours too and just in time for the holiday season!

• GuestUsed2B99x says:

If we actually made our teachers live in a barracks requiring singleness, celibacy, a strict curfew and moral fitness there would be “folks” on this board who’d complain that it would be too expensive to feed them.

• Das Weibstück says:

They have those teachers, they are called Nuns.

• GuestUsed2B99x says:

Das, aw gee…. why’d you have to conjure up that terrible childhood memory of mine :)

• Allyson says:

I could not agree more, I happen to know this teacher, she is a consummate professional and an EXCELLENT teacher! She screwed up, so what! All of you making all those nasty comments have never had a drink and driven, or you are all so perfect you have NEVER made a mistake in your life? Those children in her class adore her, and it is because of the wonderful person that she is the other 99.999 percent of her life! She has personally been through hell in the last year but she has held it together and been a wonderful person and teacher to get to know. SHAME on WWAY to print just this DUI, how many lawyers, doctors, dentists have gotten DUI and there is nothing printed on that. To ruin this woman’s life and her opportunity at her career is awful, just awful. WWAY’s so called journalism lacks professionalism totally. NO wonder it is the least watched station in this area.

• CMS says:

It is unfortuante that WWAY has nothing else better to write about. How many people are arrested for DWI, texting or accidents that don’t make the news. Why single this woman out only because she is a teacher, does anyone know that she wasnt on vacation & didnt have to work the next day. This has nothing to do with her teaching abilities! We dont need to pass judgement unless we know all the facts.

• facts... says:

“We dont need to pass judgement unless we know all the facts.”

Facts:

This incident highlights poor judgment on many levels for any individual. As a teacher, she is a representative of her school and has a responsibility to her students.

• GuestReal says:

“The injustice done to an individual is sometimes of service to the public.” – Junius

• Teacher Advocate says:

what happened to the principal story at Laney? You guys never follow up on that one..oh let me guess, she was a friend perhaps to the news director? I remember Scott posting himself about why they did the lack of coverage for that teacher because the case was still under investigation but I guess this story is so much different because it didnt involve children while the laney teacher did??..pick and choose..pick and choose..

• deputy 25 says:

well said.!!!thank you and Merry Christmas.