6 Comments for this article

Tags: ,

OAK ISLAND, NC (NEWS RELEASE) — This is Molly, she is about 9 months old. A chocolate lab mix.

She is very shy especially around men. She is sweet and would not harm anyone.

She was just adopted from SOAR and slipped her collar at her new home on NW 3rd St on Oak Island.

Please contact Southport Oak Island Animal Rescue 910-457-6340

Comment on this Story

6 Comments on "Recently adopted dog that was abused missing on Oak Island"

Guest342
2015 years 8 months ago

According to an update on SOAR’s website, Molly has been found and is safe.

Vicki Sturgill
2015 years 8 months ago

My husband and I saw her standing by the side of the Middleton Road Bridge yesterday as we were heading out of town. She looked sad. Please announce when she is returned home.

crossposter
2015 years 8 months ago

hi did you call the number above to let them know where he was ? please do it thanks

guest111
2015 years 8 months ago

Was she chained? I hope she is found safe. I have a rescue who wouldn’t be around a man for over a year without cowing down. A LOT of love goes a long way. She can be turned around to a social dog with time. Good Luck!

Guest327
2015 years 8 months ago

If she slipped out of her collar, I suppose she was tied. I cannot understand why SOAR would adopt out a dog that the owner was going to tie. A dog belongs in the house or in a secure kennel or fenced in yard. Maybe the new owner was walking her and she slipped out of her collar. Hopefully, somebody will find out and let us know.

Guest 357
2015 years 8 months ago

I agree. It breaks my heart to see dogs chained up outside alone in the elements, not to mention that treatment creates a barker. This poor dog seems doomed to never ending sadness.

Related News

4 weeks ago
0 Comments for this article
Oak Island surfer spreads safety tips to beach-goers
Read More»
Sea turtle experts said we have more than 90 sea turtle nests on Oak Island so far this year.
1 month ago
0 Comments for this article
Record turtle nesting season for Oak Island
Read More»
Officials with the Oak Island Sea Turtle Protection Program put up stakes and signs to protect sea turtle nests.
1 month ago
5 Comments for this article
Search on for sea turtle nest vandals
Read More»