Man, woman arrested in largest heroin bust in New Hanover history

Tags: , , , ,

Submitted: Mon, 01/09/2012 - 6:25pm
Updated: Tue, 01/10/2012 - 4:19am

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A drug arrest last week turned out to be the largest heroin bust in New Hanover County history. They say it was enough to produce more than 15,000 bags of heroin.

“Each one of these bags represents a life that was saved by not allowing this poison to hit the streets of New Hanover County,” Sheriff Ed McMahon said.

Wednesday detectives wrapped up a month-long investigation of Tierre Henderson that netted more than 300 bags of heroin worth about $9,000, large amounts of packaging material and paraphernalia. Detectives arrested Henderson and charged him with multiple counts of trafficking opium.

A search warrant at his home at 7310 Konlack Ct. led detectives to find large quantities of packaging material, including glassine bags, digital scales, stamps and ink pads. The bags of heroin were stamped with “Breaking Dawn” and “Dream Catcher.”

Detectives continued their investigation of Henderson, which led them to Chrissy Joy Sinclair and a home in Holly Ridge. With help from Holly Ridge Police, a search of the home found 5.5 ounces of pure, uncut heroin along with $60,000 in cash.

Both Henderson and Sinclair are in the New Hanover County Detention Facility.

Henderson has a history of drug convictions dating back more than a decade. Sinclair also has been convicted on drug offenses.

• mel says:

Let’s get one thing straight. I was pretty close to Chrissy and she could have cared less about the drugs. It was the money and greed. Never the less she is a loving and caring mother, if she couldv’e just left Tierre’s a** alone she wouldv’e been ok. No matter what happens me and my family will be praying for their kids, families, and them. Hopefully this is a wake up call to her. I think about the kids everyday, but i know they are in good hands. The whole situation just sucks.

• GuestReality says:

She made her own bed. I feel sorry for the kids, but she deserves whatever she’s gonna get, and then some.

It makes no difference if she did it for the money or for the drugs, she still placed her kids in a dangerous, life threatening situation. If she really loved those kids, she never would have even thought of doing such a thing. Now they’re going to have to grow up without a mother. Love…yeah, right.

Touché. But it’s rarely the sellers that start the addicts. It’s their dumbass friends who talk them into it.

• nchilltopper says:

This filth which some call people are not going to get ANY sympathy from me! My wife has two nephews that are recovering heroin addicts, and a dead sister because of “Good people like this that just made a mistake”. You supporters can spew your thoughts all you want but it’ll never make me stop loathing scum like this.

Good job Sheriff McMahon.

• nchilltopper says:

You come here and post a sympathy note for two heroin dealers that had enough heroin to kill 1000 people and expect a different opinion? Sorry, you opened yourself up for this kind of response. I’ll pass on the a&& kissing offer, i’m sure you two can keep each other rather comfy. Bu bye.

• Guesttoo says:

With the amount of herion that this fine couple was accused of having, they weren’t simply users. The empathy and compassion that you are writing of should be saved for the people that these dealers have helped become addicts.

Am I mistaken in thinking that someone who has “walked the walk” should feel no compassion for a dealer that helped them take that first or second step?

• GuestDuh says:

Hey, dumbo…this is a NEWS FORUM, duh! It’s where people go to COMMENT on the latest news articles, duh! I can see where Tierre and Chrissy get their intelligence from. Losers beget losers, duh!

• Danielle Sonye says:

Im not saying what she did was right….I care about her family, her sister is my best friend….believe me…she (Chrissy) is sufferring. People choose to do drugs…nobody makes them…haven’t you ever seen intervention….its called supply and demand.

• Sharpless says:

I went to high school with Chrissy and she was friends with my sister. But I refuse to feel sorry for her. She was well aware of what she was doing so no pity from me. She needs to be locked away for a while. Nobody forced her to do what she did. She shouldve been smart enough to think to herself…”well damn what if I sell these drugs what will happen to me?” Chrissy Sinclair….you got what you asked for…

“They didn’t actually get the chance to manufacture the 15,000 bags.”

Maybe not out of this batch, but I’ll guarantee you they’ve done it in the past. This wasn’t their first time at the rodeo, if you get my drift. They’ve been doing this for a while.

“He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.” – Benjamin Franklin

I think your sympathies are misplaced. You should feel sorry for the children…Chrissy’s and the kids of the people she sold the dope to (maybe even kids themselves). She’s ruined many lives with that choice. Addicts are selfish people; they only think about themselves and their habit. They could care less about what happens to everyone else, as long as they get their fix.

Chrissy may be suffering now because she got caught, but she has caused others to suffer also. She cared more about the drugs than she did her own children, or anyone else’s children. Selling was another way to get all the dope she wanted. After all, it’s all about her, isn’t it?

REALLY?!?… You say this was a mistake!!! A mistake is NOT when you decide to traffic 15,000 bags of Heroin on the streets!!!! REALLY?!? I don’t care if she is the octo-mom and got the best mother-of-the-year award, she chose to manufacture that much Heroin, along with him. So they are not getting my prayers, they people who are NOT getting those bags of Heroin got my prayers! Have good life in jail!!

• Danielle Sonye says:

The didn’t actually get the chance to manufacture the 15,000 bags.

• Bear says:

Sheriff McMahon, I want to take the time and thank you and your vice detectives for nailing this dope dealer who sells death on the streets. It appears you got a big time heroin trafficker and shut down his network. Potentially, this saved many lives.
    Great job Sheriff McMahon. Keep up the great work.

• GuestReality says:

More importantly, as a mother, she should have asked, “If I sell these drugs, what will happen to my children?”

• julie sonye says:

I agree with my daughter we are here for the Sinclair famly and the children. Prayers!!

I’m happy these two and their heroin are off the streets. I witnessed the horrible decline of a once vibrant lady into a miserable, feeble addict. It was sad and ugly. Somebody, somewhere was saved from this terrible fate by the Sheriff’s department.

For those of you who keep referring to Sinclair as a “good mother” please get real. No good mother would provide heroin to someone’s child.

• dontworry says:

you know all these people have nothing better to do than to comment own current news event that didnt effect there lives at all. White or black were on this earth together when they were together and it was good times none of us seen negativity or race. You people need to grow up and respect peoples feelings and show some family values of your own. We support our brother tierre henderson and chrissy sinclair we loved them both. And to the guy who use to date her im sure she left you for a good reason and your lame as hell for putting your business out there lil man. And whoever else has negativity from both familys you can kiss our ….

• Guestguy says:

That’s sad and all, but I can’t, and no one can, blame the person who produces it, in my opinion, that’ll always be there, people need to start taking their own wrong choices into account. It is very sad though.. Hopefully people learn.

• deedee says:

I know these two very well and they both made poor choices. Tierre and Chrissy both are going to jail for a while.Everybody is focusing on the adults my heart goes out to the children and I know the kids are going to be just fine. At the end of the day they both were living this life so stop point the finger at Tierre because there is no way he could have ran this operation by himself. Although the sheriff’s office arrested Tierre and Chrissy does not mean this drug is off the streets. ( Tierre and Chrissy loved all five of the children.)

• dontworry says:

I love and support Tierre through everything that is going on. He’s listened to me through all my problems growing up and now I’ll be here to pray and give him the best support a brother can. He has all his brothers through thick and thin. We remember that blood is thicker than water. No matter how long he’s gone he’ll still have us. We’ll miss seeing his face almost everyday, or in my case about every month. I know his children will be taken care of and will be comforted through this whole situation. Prayers also go out to Chrissy sinclair.

Love,

His youngest brother

• drh says:

dontworry, I’m sorry you have to see and put up with all this negativity. Its offensive to me that people would force their opinion about something they know nothing of. I dont know if your brother and his girlfriend were addicts or not, but heroin doesnt discriminate. Its easy for people to point fingers and talk down to those who have fallen victim to this drug in some way or another, calling us all “trashy scum” and “junkies”…but in reality they have no right to pass judgement. Those who chose to use or involve themselves with this drug have the right to make this personal choice, and if it comes down to it, they also accept the consequences. Believe me, nobody wants to be a heroin addict. Its not a fun lifestyle, and it sneaks up on you faster than you know. Have you people ever felt the pain of withdrawal? Have you had to stab yourself a million times just to feel normal again? Im sure a lot of people are sick today because of this…It may be self-inflicted but its not like a “flu”. Its pure, trecherous, awful misery and ALL you want to do is make it stop. Throughout the years and my experiences, I have gotten to know and love several “trashy scum bag junkies” and each and every one of them has been a beautiful, unique person. My prayers are with you dontworry, stand up for what you believe in and ignore all the rest. After all, he is still your brother no matter what, and i support your decision to support him.

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

…of their general value as human beings. There is no loss to society when a junkie ODs.

a liberal. I think it is a great thing instead of being a close-minded tea bagging conservative. Criminals provide jobs for guards, nurses, administators, support personnel. They also provide jobs for the people that build prisons, and do the maintenance. They provide jobs for court clerks, judges, lawyers and law enforcement personnel. They provide jobs for manufacturers of tasers, pepper spray, nightsticks, uniforms, sirens, lights, etc. If you had a bigger view of the world, you would know that some good comes from just about everything no matter how bad.

• 308 says:

there have been many times when addicts have turned their lives around and have become productive members of society and helped others. No loss to society? Tell that to the parents that have lost their children to drugs and alcohol. Which brings up another point. According to you, should the millions of people addicted to alcohol, cigarettes and prescription drugs die also or do you just want the ” real junkies” dead?

• lovely says:

So you have never broke any laws no matter what kind? So there must be no need for you either.

• Commonsensenotcommontoday says:

I believe it was right here on this website where I told a mother that her daughter was dead because of her own stupid choices. Political correctness and sensitivity cannot alter the truth. If they OD they obviously haven’t “turned their lives around yet,” so no loss.

As for your last sentence, if you know ANYTHING about my positions, you know that I hold everyone responsible for their own actions. I don’t care if it’s alcohol or cigarettes, intravenous drug use or having unprotected sex, when you come down with a terminal illness related to your recklessness, NO SYMPATHY. If you eat half a pizza and three cheeseburgers every night and drop dead of a coronary at fifty, NO SYMPATHY. If you drive drunk and kill yourself, NO SYMPATHY.

Life is cheap and over too fast. Don’t hurry it along by being stupid.

Criminals also give you bedwetters something to have a hissy fit over.

And you sound like a liberal. Sorry, criminals don’t provide any benefit to society therefor there is no need for them.

• Just Stating the Facts says:

I am incline to agree what in the HELL does Race have to do with it and you are right there are just as many whites as blacks blacks are just the main target especially if they are dating the other Race as we all know that is a nono with the suppose to be master race they don’t date blacks because we are beneath them!!!!!!!HaHaHa As Tupac said and no better!!!!Only God can Judge Me

What’s wrong with this picture? I’ll tell you.

#1 – You’re his brother. Instead of making excuses for him, you should be giving him some tough love and helping him face up to the fact that he’s ruined his life and others lives by what he’s done. Tell him that bad men excuse their faults; good men abandon them. If he can’t trust you, his brother, to tell him the truth, who can he trust? Being his brother, I’m sure you were well aware of his selling drugs, and probably knew Chrissy too. Will you be taking over his business now that he’s going away for quite a while, or will you do the right thing and run like hell to avoid it.

#2 – I have zero concern for Chrissy. She made her bed, now she can lie in it. My only concern is for her children, who are innocents in this situation.

#3 – If you think anyone believes that “theres as many white drug dealers as there are black drug dealers”, then you’re crazy…you’re only fooling yourself. It’s a well known fact that the opposite is true; mostly because of economics and sociology, and nothing to do with any perceived differences between the races. White drug dealers are given prison sentences, just like black drug dealers. Prison is no “slap on the wrist”.

#4 – “A man, as a general rule, owes very little to what he is born with — a man is what he makes of himself.” – Alexander Graham Bell

• taxpayer says:

“Business major at Clemson.”

How’d you like the Orange Bowl! WVU 1977 BSBA

Actually most bags weigh around .1 to .2 of a gram. The general street value would be 10 dollars for a .1 hence the term dime bag, but for some reason, and my guess would be that most of it has to be transported here from new York, in this area some stamps sell for as much as 25 dollars. I know this not because I buy it obviously, but I work at a needle exchange and speak to a lot of the consumers.

• Mike T says:

Thanks for the info. I can do the math, I just cant imagine this kid having that ability based on the equipment found. The article refers to a digital scale. I never saw one that could go below .1g I’m sure I’m missing something. I appreciate the feed back.

• JBYRD says:

I USED TO DATE THIS GIRL. I WOULD HAVE MARRIED HER HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE FACT THAT SHE DECIDED SHE LIKED THE BROTHERS. WELL MY DEAR HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM BROTHERS NOW? KARMA. I HOPE PRISON IS GOOD BOTH FOR YOU AND TO YOU.

• Megan Kennedy says:

First off you sound ignorant and EXTREMELY racist!!!! I have known Chrissy for quite sometime and our children play together and her and Tierre have been together for 8 years and before that her boyfriend was a “brother”, too. so maybe YOUR ignorance sent her running towards the “brothers”

• kay says:

And what did the race have to do with anything???? Obviously you couldn’t satisfy her or she just didn’t love you! Her dating a brother had nothing to do with the fact that she choose to sell drugs with him! Point black period!!!!

• lovely says:

What does dating a brother have anything to do with all of this your so stupid. And you wonder why she went to a brother. Any way no matter what color or who she is with she made her own decisions and she got herself in this its sad but true.

• dontworry says:

ok first of all thats my brother. im not going to allow you to sit and run your mouth concerning him. she made her own choice to become apart of that life. race has nothing to do with it. theres as many white drug dealers as there are black drug dealers. white drug dealers usually get a slap on the wrist and everything gets pushed under the rug…now tell me whats wrong with this picture since you want to throw racial cards..

• Guest today says:

So Chrissy deserves negative karma because she didn’t want you? You are clearly very foolish and delusional. And trust in the fact she never desired to marry your ignorant self.

• dontworry says:

ok first of all their not scum. they are people just like you are. one of them is my brother and ill set the record straight with you too. for your info there arent any excuses since you want to make an assumption about us. that was their choice but us being family we will defend them regardless. its funny how people post things and think people arent watching. in reading this comment i can place you under the same category of scum as well..

• anne says:

Thank you for keeping this stuff off the streets and for arresting the scum reponsible. Where are all the comments from the family members defending these dangerous criminals – you know “they didn’t mean nothing” “just messing with the wrong people” – those type of excuses?

Surely someone will defend them – perhaps those waiting for the drugs or their so called friends.

Lock em up – throw away the key!

• Danielle Sonye says:

I have known the Sinclair family for years….I am devastated to hear about the recent news. The Sinclair’s are a wonderful family and I love them like my own. Chrissy made obviously some poor choices, however we all make mistakes and thank God her sister Becky is there to help with the kids. We all need to stop focusing on her mistakes and think about the children. Chrissy loves her children and desperately wants to be with them….think about all of the mistakes you have made….how would you like them to be broadcasted all over the internet. Very sad that people take pleasure in other people’s misery :( I will support the Sinclair Family with anything they need. Her family is very strong and are sincerely eager to support her 100%

• julie sonye says:

I agree with my daughter we are here for you all and the precious children.

If Miss Chrissy so dearly loves her children and so desperately wants to be with them, she wouldn’t have CHOSEN to join up with a drug dealing thug and become a heroin dealer. This was a cognitive, decisive CHOICE, not a MISTAKE.

I get sick and tired of you criminal supporters attempting to justify felonius criminal activity as “mistakes” and describe to the remainer of law-abiding citizens how good of a person these criminals are and that their years of drug dealing, money laundering and poking their arms with needles are a “mistake”.

I also take issue with your statement that, “Very sad that people take pleasure in other people’s misery”. Here’s another fact for you to pack in your pocket of “sincere support” for her: The people take GREAT pleasure with the elimination of yet another pack of heroin dealers that infiltrate our society and our children with a venomous drug intended ruin entire families lives for the sake of a dollar.
    There my dear, supportive friend is what the public takes great pleasure with!!!

• Guest Lee says:

I refuse to feel sorry for anyone who sells drugs…period.

She has been convicted of several drug offenses in the past, and she has now moved on to selling that poison. She knew what she was getting into when she did that. She placed her children in extreme danger; she has chosen drugs over her own kids. Someone else’s child may have died from drugs SHE sold, and there may some parent grieving for their dead child now because of her.

Yes, everyone makes mistakes. I married the wrong man, and I quit a couple of jobs that I should have kept. But I NEVER used or sold drugs, and I NEVER placed my children in harm’s way because of my decisions. I NEVER chose to risk losing my children for drugs.

Quit making excuses for this woman and let her take responsibility for her own actions. Maybe it’s not too late for her. Maybe, if everyone quits trying to baby her, she can grow up, face this crisis like a grown up woman, and start her life over again fresh. But people making excuses for her won’t help her do that.

This was the largest drug bust in the whole history of New Hanover County. You need to really put it in perspective and understand that this girl is probably going to be going away for a long, long time. Her children may be grown by the time she gets out…and it may very well be the best thing that could ever happen to her to help her straighten up her life and give her children a future.

• Das Weibstück says:

Get the low life Mother out of their lives. I cant believe you people are on here defending this drug dealer! SHE choose to deal drugs knowing she had 3 kids? Really? Nice Mom. Why is she dealing drugs that KILL people and involved with such an obvious lowlife thug if her family is SO strong? People with strong families do NOT do this sort of thing. You all are probably very dysfunctional !

• dontworry says:

its funny how ignorant you sound. im not saying they shouldnt go to jail. they are wrong for what they did. but how would you feel if someone called your brother, sister, mother, or father “trashy scum”. based of your word choice that lets me know you as well are not that intellegent and unable to think on a mature level….take that and run with it…

• Grand Ole Party says:

They are not scum, they are trashy scum. Do you really think ANY of us care who is “watching”? I don’t care if they are your family members. They need to go away and go away for many years.

• Das Weibstück says:

If one of my family members were selling drugs I would be the first one to call them TRASHY SCUM ! BTW “Intellegent” is spelled i-n-t-e-l-l-i-g-e-n-t. Run on now…

• Guest Lee says:

Whether they are scum or not apparently depends on the view of the poster. It’s an opinion, which everyone is entitled to voice on this public forum.

I take exception with “they are people just like you”. They aren’t. I would never, ever use or sell drugs. I would never put my children in harm’s way and chose drugs over them. I would never sell poison to another human being.

I understand your need to “defend them regardless”, but that really doesn’t help your family member face the terrible choices that they made in their life. They need to man/woman up, accept responsibility for their choices, pay for their crime, and perhaps come out of this a better person. It may be too late for that already, but maybe not. Freedom is a package deal; with it comes responsibilities and consequences. I truly hope your family member comes out of this a better person who is able to make better choices.

• Mike T says:

Good job guys! Looks like Mr. Henderson may be off the street for a while? Question? Are the numbers right in this article. Having spent many years in various Chem Labs and R& D facilities, I find it strange that this kid could blend (cut) 5.5 oz. into 15,000 bags. Don’T know where he got his degree but if he pulled this off, He’s good. It doesn’t appear what you found at the scene would allow for such complicated work. Maybe this guy was transporting? Maybe there is a bigger fish?
    Maybe I just don’t know enough about the Heroin business!

• Guess says:

means he was doing what they call “stepping on it” another words “cutting it” w/ something to expand the volume to make more sales cheapens the product dangerously but what they care?

• huzler says:

Most bags of heroin weigh less no more than .02 grams. That’s about fifty bags a gram.These dope pushers cut their product at least once so it isn’t as powerful and to make twice as much money. So .02 x 50 bags would be one gram. Doing the math 5 1/2 ounces equals 154 grams. At fifty bags per one gram, that would be about 7700 bags. The heroin was uncut, so the dope dealer was going to at the very least cut it with equal parts of additive to increase profit margin and reduce the strength of the dope. That would make those 7700 bags now become over 15000. Business major at Clemson.

• no thank you says:

never learn do they

Too bad some of the strong stuff won’t make it to the users. They take their regular dose and end up dead because it is more potent.

• shammalammadingdong says:

Spoken like a true moron.

• Guestgirlie says:

Great job NHCSO!! Hope the courts will put this guy and his gal pal away for a long time.

I only feel for your 3 kids. Because of your poor life choices, 3 innocent lives get a terrible start. On the other hand, maybe it will be better for them not to be in the environment you provided for them. But I doubt you’ll get to read this anytime soon.