Wilmington couple pleads guilty to federal charges

Tags: , , ,

Submitted: Wed, 01/11/2012 - 9:06pm
Updated: Wed, 01/11/2012 - 9:08pm

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A Wilmington couple has pleaded guilty to federal drug and firearms charges.

The US Department of Justice says Maurice and Jessica Lott received a suspicious package that was mailed from Washington state to Wilmington last March. After the couple picked up the package containing marijuana, ecstasy and oxycodone from the post office, investigators go a search warrant for their home. That search turned up additional drugs and a handgun.

Sentencing is scheduled for April.

• Guest CommonTater says:

This should cover “judgement”.

“A Wilmington couple has pleaded guilty to federal drug and firearms charges.”

• Guest 206 says:

Do you know anyone who has use a Public Defender? You are right it is like rolling dice. Take your chance by going to trial, may get up to forty.

• Nayahin says:

Damn Reece. Wtf? I suppose rolling the dice has proven to be far too risky. Far too risky. This is very bad news in Seattle. We lost one.

Putting flour in the tea instead of sugar is a mistake. Possessing illegal drugs is a decision. New Hanover County has a public defender’s office and North Carolina has an Office of Indigent Defense Services that helps people who cannot afford attorneys, so they have the same opportunity for a defense as anyone else. Taking a plea is something that is commonly done regardless of whether or not you are able to pay for your attorney.

• t says:

Well she was once a productive citizen,til she met this creep,she had a promiseing career in the medical field,then all of a sudden he has her hooked on drugs,causes her too loose her job,one that she got threw my being a disabled veteran,i cant begin too say how this as well az her being influenced by him to not allow my children contact for years,how i found this out,was the sheriff’s dept contacted my wife,here in Seattle,to inform us that my daughter had run away,now i found out do to his physical and possible sexual abuse. God dont lime ugly,i hope judge shows no mercy

• The Truth says:

I was appalled when I ran across the post. The truth is that this post is from a dead beat and I mean “Dead Beat Dad”, that is trying to find an excuse for not taking care of his children. If anything this descent couple got caught up trying to make ends meet to support their family. I am not saying that this was the right way of doing it, because it was not. I’ve known both of them for almost all of their lives. The husband stepped in and took care of the children of this dead beat dad. Ask this dad if he is taking care of his children since the people he alledgly accused of keeping him from seeing children are no longer in the way. Don’t worry I can answer that question, NO! In addition, he has a wrap sheet 20 times as longer than either of these two once productive citizens. As far as abuse is concerned, there was never any abuse and this accusation is defamation of character and cruel.

• Crass and Intelligent Man says:

They look shady even from the photos. Lord, I hop these people don’t reproduce. You can tell they will never be rehabilitated into making an honest living. Lost cause…

• The Truth says:

Please do not judge these two by their photo. Have you ever seen a mugshot of someone that looked good or looked innocent? They are two people who made a huge mistake and they are paying for it dearly. The truth is that it does not matter whether they are guilty or innocent if you do not have money you are force into pleaing in order to reduce your time. I know them and they both were productive citizen that were involved in their community.