Chief Jayne announces 2012 Leland Citizens Academy registration

Tags: , ,

Submitted: Tue, 01/24/2012 - 3:38pm
Updated: Tue, 01/24/2012 - 3:48pm

LELAND, NC (NEWS RELEASE) — The Leland Police Department is now accepting applications for our 2012 Citizens Police Academy. The academy will begin Wednesday, March 7, 2012 and conclude Wednesday, April 25, 2012. The academy will meet each Wednesday evening and present a wide range of topics and interesting training opportunities for Leland residents to learn more about their police department.

The Leland Police Department citizen’s academy has been in existence since 2008 and the graduates come from all parts of Leland and many are newcomers to the area. The academy is designed to inform citizens about the different functions of the police department and to give insight into what training police officers complete to become officers. Course topics include:

Ø Patrol operations

Ø Police investigations

Ø Domestic violence

Ø Crime scene investigations

Ø Drug crimes

Ø Community policing and crime prevention

Ø Traffic enforcement and accident investigation

If you are interested please contact Lieutenant Rick DellaPia: rdellapia@townofleland.com

• Get some says:

Papers are coming. FBI coming. Real attorneys coming. Town manager hold off on any future plans or projects. You will need the money to pay legal fees and judgements. This is a cake walk for us

• robo says:

Considering the questions about this Police Chief and his actions, would anyone seriously consider attending this “training”? I hope not.

Kblue, how about you joining the citizens acedemy? I am sure you would graduate with honors. Yes you kblue, says who, says me that’s who kblue! Dumba**

• Criminal Vice says:

Pick on KBlue? Yo, LAPD, let’s kick it!

Vice vice baby
    Vice vice baby
    All right cops
    Collaborate and listen
    Vice is back with my brand new intention
    Something told me not to keep quiet-ly
    Leland’s like a cartoon daily and nightly
    Will it ever stop?
    Yo, I don’t know
    Stop the lies and just go
    To the extreme I rock a blog like a vandal
    Light up this page and expose the scandal

Rants
    Bums rush the speaker that looms
    They inform your brain like KBlue and Boom Boom
    Deadly, when I buy what you sellin me
    Leland’s idea of the best is a felony
    Love it or fear it
    You better do Jayne’s way
    You better hit bull’s eye
    Landen kid don’t play
    Yes, there’s a problem
    Yo, who will solve it?
    Check out the Jayne’s left hook and JC’s revolv-ah

Criminal vice, vice, baby, too bold, too bold ……

I’m out.

nads with paint balls! Sign me up!

such as:
    -How to create a hostile work environment
    -How to sexually harass co-workers
    -Physical abuse of co-workers to include assault
    -Misappropriation/misuse of public property
    -How to properly threaten a co-worker with your service revolver and not be fired.
    -How to falsify training records
    and last but not least..
    -How to cover up criminal acts by yourself or co-workers as well as destroy evidence of culpability in traffic accidents and other related situations.

The irony is one of the dirtiest cops in Leland is the one running it one Lt DellaPia.

• WickedWitchoftheNW says:

Should they really be teaching how to falsify records? I believe a few involved are singing “if I only had a brain” on that one.

“The last to go will see the first three go before her. And her little dog too!”

He he he he he he heeeeeee.

• Guest Redneck Across the River says:

Do you bring your own paintball gun?

• enoughalready20 says:

HaHaHaHaHeHeHeHeHeHaHaHaHa, it took a weird person to write this so called poem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kblue2221984 says:

Pure Poetry!!! Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

I do not, have not, or would not ever work for the Leland Police. But I do think Kblue is a dumba**. This person male or female has some good information, but why be such an a** doing it. Also, I do like your play on Ice Ice Baby.

• Leland Fan says:

Mr. Pickey,

How hard did you laugh when you received this press release?
    I know I did. Imagine these guys teaching citizens how to be cops!

• enoughalready20 says:

You are not a Leland Fan if you associate with pickey and channel 3, all they want to do is stir things up and keep Leland residents fighting, Don’t you realize that by now? If you don’t, there is something wrong with all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Southern Born says:

I will certainly bite, Oh looky looky they have a citizens academy program in Leland, why this Tim Jayne is a forward thinking, community oriented leader.

Wasn’t there a problem just a little while back with him mis-using towns funds, and some serious issue with the department, he is in charge of? couldnt be I must be mistaken ,oh shoot well lets run right down and sign up.

Mr. Jayne you would have better luck with the Jeti-mind trick.

Course Houdini has nothing on you! Hoeckus poeckus, now you see corruption, walah now you Don’t.

• RSimmons says:

So then Jayne must be “Capt Lassard”

LT Dellapia is certainly a “Lt Mauser”.

Every traffic cop in Leyland thinks he is “Tackleberry”

Does Leyland have a bar equivalent to the “Blue Oyster”?