ONLY ON 3: Cop says he did personal work for Jayne on town time

Tags: , , , ,

Submitted: Sat, 02/04/2012 - 4:59am
Updated: Mon, 02/06/2012 - 2:12pm

LELAND, NC (WWAY) — For months we’ve been following reports of corruption within the Leland Police Department. Tonight we have new information on allegations against the former police chief.

Tim Jayne was fired earlier this week, but we’re still uncovering controversy within the department while he was chief with officers saying they did work in his neighborhood and at his home while on the clock.

An officer who worked under Jayne, who wants to remain anonymous, says Jayne ordered him to run personal errands and do personal assignments in Jayne’s neighborhood when the officer should have been doing police work. The officer says he knows he was not the only member of the department made to do personal things for the chief on duty. He says he knows that officers were made to do work at Jayne’s home – like setting up his Internet connection and WiFi – while others were made to pick up supplies for and do work at the community pool. He says one officer was ordered to drive to masonboro harbor in wilmington to pick up lawn chairs for the neighborhood and then made to set them up at the pool.

Although Jayne has already been fired from the department, he could now face criminal charges based on these allegations. The Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office says Jayne could be charged with embezzlement of city funds or misappropriation of funds for having officers do work at his home, much like former Brunswick County Sheriff Ron Hewett, who was convicted in 2008.

Our source says he has been questioned by the SBI, but not about working at Jayne’s home.

We tried to talk to Jayne about the allegations, but he did not return our phone call.

• Guestmaster says:

My message is for WWAY….

Now don’t get me wrong, yes Leland and its Chief are obviously booger’d up and I am glad things are changing like many others.

Though you guys have been so blood thirsty and have thrown your “personal opinion” so much into these articles it makes me wonder how you guys can say you are a real News Agency. You make Fox News actually seem “Fair and Balanced”.

You guys started to turn me off about midway through this whole thing. Just report the facts as they are and leave your personal opinions to yourselves.

IT IS NOT your job to make our minds up for us, it is simply your job to report the findings and allow us to draw our own conclusions.

Those of us who have read the information have mostly all agreed that there was problems , we are not stupid and did not need your help.

I will never again watch WWAY nor will I turn to you ever for News ever again. Should you ever approach me for a story I may be involved in , no matter how small, I will never speak to you all. Based off the crap I have seen you guys report, if I were to be ringing a bell for the Salvation Army I would not be surprised if you guys turn me out to be some sort of Muslim Extremist Terrorist funneling money to the Taliban for heaven’s sake.

Frankly you all should be ashamed of yourselves and your management need to remind themselves what their job/duty is as journalist and new casters!

Goodbye!

• SurfCityTom says:

for all of the Jayne haters, but don’t get too excited yet.

TO the person who questioned his salary, I believe it was posted elsewhere at around $84,000. The appearance of his house, no big deal. With the real estate bust a few years ago, many were able to purchase upscale homes for much less than they initially were listed for. Did he have a wife and did she work? Could have contributed to a larger mortgage. Did he have proceeds from selling a Yankeeland house before moving south? All of those and other factors could have allowed him to purchase a nicer house than some of you felt he was entitled to.

Remember, one of his programs sought to fight crime was built around officer involvement in the neighborhoods. That may be his defence for all the work in his community.

So the only thing you may have to hang your hat on for criminal charges will be whether officers performed pro bono work at his residence. Is that crimminal? Not certain it is if the affected individuals all state they were just helping out a buddy and co-worker at his home; just as they help other buddies at their homes.

Not saying that was smart; but that could be a possible defence. Then the question becomes were they on the clock being paid by the town?

A superior defence lawyer can find more ways to make a worm wiggle and look like something other than what it is.

• ohjezzz says:

Oh you grammar guys are so annoying. I didnt follow the articles, but slamming someone on grammar is about as lame as it gets.

They were the hall monitors in school.

It is a good way to avoid an argument.

• Guest 4545 says:

Tom, spell check is a wonderful tool, you should try it some time. FYI Chief Jayne retired from Charlotte-Mecklenburg PD as a captain before taking the job in Leland so lose the “Yankeeland” crap.
    Facts before acts.

• GuestBlaster says:

You are obviously news illiterate because the only place I have read or viewed opinion is in an editorial piece (The Rant) which is the appropriate place and time for news agencies to do that. Show me one line in the article above that is opinion. My opinion is those who lack an understanding of journalism and basic reading comprehension skills should stay off message boards. Goodbye. You won’t be missed.

• Guest #1 says:

Let the insiders have this one. We know that you know everything, but we got it. Thanks. Stay tuned. There’s more.

• giveusabreak says:

Daily Dose Of Ignorance From SCT

• The Red Ref says:

Guestblaster you are wrong actually. I have read the same thing i have several other articles on this topic and they do insert their agenda and opinion. Its not just the rant.

So i think you owe the Master an apology and go sit in time out.

• Guest_99x says:

Whaddya’ mean #1…. the insiders messed this one up. By the time you “insiders” would have gotten around to fixing this world of crap we’d all be on line waiting to by snow cones in hell.

Apparently the article states that the officer said that he and others did personal things for Jayne while they were on duty so I guess that would qualify as doing things “on the clock being paid by the town”. And I think the officers should be able to discern what was personal and what was in the line of duty for the community.

• 0+0=0 says:

Sadly, too many posters prove the old adage, “it’s better to remain silent and appear stupid, then to speak and remove all doubt”.

You should practice what you preach, you remove all doubt with every post you make – JETHRO

• deputy 25 says:

i see you vented here. please try spell check next time [ it’s free! ] on some of your words so you will not look as foolish as Chief Jayne.

• GuestBlaster says:

Show me your evidence of this. Go ahead. Give me one link to an article where this has occurred.
    I stand by my post, my own observations, and my knowledge of journalism practices. You should apologize for making unfounded accusations. Show me. Oh, you can’t, can you? Didn’t think so.

• Guest #1 says:

Insider as in at least a Brunswick County resident if not Lelander. Certainly not someone from Surf City. Thanks for allowing me to clarify. Not with the Leland Police.

• SurfCityTom says:

why not learn to read?

I was not defending the former chief.

I noted a number of plausible defences which any half wit defense attorney would use in court.

Too bad there are so many SurfCity Tom bashers who speak before they read.

Better luck next time. You failed this time.

• SurfCityTom says:

and making statements under oath, and subject to cross examination can often be miles apart.

What is it you weasals fail to understand?

Annonymous statements, hidden behind the cloak of seclusion, are often far different from the statements made in a court of law.

Better luck next time.

When you have nothing else to hang your hat on resort to simpleton statements lacking in fact.

• Tricia says:

I really don’t think you need to worry “Guestmaster”…………. wway is most likely not going to approach you for your input in one of their news stories. Rest easy my friend.

• Reading Rainbow says:

Wow. Actually, I think you should apologize to every English teacher you’ve ever had for that post. You are a hot misinformed, uneducated mess. If you write the way you read in that little brain of yours, that explains a lot. The saying “put your heads together” only works if at least one brain is up to par. You and Guestmaster appear to have similar learning disabilities, so it’s no wonder you came to his defense. Yet, you were unable to point out a single opined statement. Too funny! How about you go sit in the corner with the dunce cap on!

• Guest_99x says:

Guest #1, my apologies! I didn’t understand your context. The “Surf City” guy is this board’s chief pontificator in residence. I am quite surprised that he took time away from teaching the Pope how to be Catholic to communicate here on these issues.

• Retired Firefighter says:

Sgt Coward…how appropriate.

From what I understand, NC is a right to work state so anyone gainfully employed can be arbitrarily fired without cause. Hollis, KBlue, Citizen, Sgt Coward and even Scott Pickey.

Funny how no one is signing up to go get trained, attempt to get hired some where and enforce the law themselves since guys like Jayne and I are so horrible…

You know why there are police officers, deputies, firefighters, paramedics, 911 and soldiers? Not only do they protect our country, they also protect you from your self.

Said thanks lately? I didn’t think so.

Good luck!!

• Guest y says:

Kblue, you the man
    Go to Tabor
    And kick some can
    Living there is much like Labor
    Cant let it go, cant give the upper hand.

The dirty are the protectors
    And here, they still are
    The minions and the molestors
    The new DA should beware
    Surely he is a defector

It appears they are behaving now
    They see the microscope
    Amazing how they know, when to take a bow
    Hope they are not given too much rope
    Karma to the cash cow.
    Karma to the backers of dope.

• deputy 25 says:

thank you brother for your service. we have a 30 year retirement here not 20 as they do in unions or other states. i did not come from an entitlement society and do not want a thank you. i would be one to help and just go on about my business and not wait for it. my reward is in heaven and i await it. the humble shall inherit the earth!
    thank you for your service in New York. i am sure it was more stressful than down here. but i guess that is why people move down here to get away from some of that stress. by the way, i retired early, had a few years to go along with that 25.

• SurfCityTom says:

not certain if that is your IQ, but I gather reading comprehension was clearly a class you missed in school.

At no time did I defend the departed Sheriff.

I did, however, note several defense positions which his attorney might take should crimminal charges be brought against him.

I also noted the content of statements, off camera and off the record, by an unidentified individual can certainly differ when that same person is under oath; on the witness stand; and being cross examined by a sharp tongued defense attorney.

Why is it, when you weasels can not rebut a statement with fact, you resort to insult laden comments with no basis in fact or even fiction?

Another failed attempt by several. Well, go back and enjoy your entitlements. You’ve got 23 days until the next dole is dispursed.

• jozey wellz says:

The media fail to mention that theres atleast 3 crooked cops in every
    Police force in and around the world! Also half of their salaries comes
    From busting drug dealers using drug money to go on expensive vacations and have bachelor lavish parties in myrtle beach! Wow!

From retarded firefighter: “I would to ask the “court of public opinion” what happens when the SBI investigation concludes Chief Jayne actually did nothing wrong?

What happens when he is exonerated of any wrongful actions? Will WWAY compensate Jayne for the libelous and slanderous comments that lead up to Jayne’s wrongful termination? Or will it have to go to court?”

Except Jayne admitted to hitting the officer on the bachelor party trip and admitted to driving the city owned car. So reporting facts isn’t libel or slander. Never has been and never will be.

We know the yankee mentality is that you rely on a union to protect you from being fired, so the kind of “stunts” he pulled is common up North. Down here, we don’t tolerate that crap.

• deputy 25 says:

to Fire fighter. i have been a deputy for 25 years. i did not get in this job to go around and receive thanks from people that i am getting paid for. i chose this profession as well as other public servants. did you ever hear of anyone telling the people that work down in the sewers thanks for what you do from the public!! or the ones picking up your trash?? you get paid for what you do and there is nothing in the contracts or hiring stage that says you are to receive thanks from people each day!! what are you? do you think that you deserve thanks? yes,when you dive into a fire and save a life or the officer stops a bad guy from hurting someone, or the ems worker who does CPR all the way to the hospital , you get thanks from that person, maybe? if not , you go on about your duties and feel proud that you did something to earn your salary. sure it is nice to hear, but it goes without saying and you have to deal with that. now as far as slander goes with Chief Jayne, i am sure as a fire fighter , ‘you know where there is SMOKE THERE IS FIRE!!!! you can be fired, but it has to be a rightful decision and not a wrongful termination. he may be exonerated from wrongful actions or laws, but it may be the policy of the town that got him fired as well.

“no thanks needed”
    i get paid anyway with or without it.
    as long as i make it home, that is thanks enough for me.

• deputy 25 says:

did you not read the report. officers were paid while on the clock with tax payers money!!! no defense not [ defence] there!!

• Guest99x says:

I like snow cones.

• Retired Firefighter says:

25 Deputy…

Every job in America is voluntary. You apply and sign the application by choice. And EVERYONE is motivated by the all mighty dollar. Even Kblue needs to keep his ol’lady happy.

Thanks for your 25yrs of service. Serving 25yrs as a deputy has had to of had it’s moments I am sure. I do find it provacative though, you won’t put your name out there because…

1. You don’t want people to know you’re not a team player or whistle blower.
    2. You know once you do, no other officer or deputy will ever trust you with anything….ever again.
    3. You want to make it to retirement with your self, family and peers respect.

The only thing that has not happened was Chief Jayne was arbitrarily fired without cause or due process. The only other thing that has happened was the lack of leadership and commitment of the Leland Town “Fathers” behind one of their own.

I can say that when you blow whistles or drop dimes, the only place you find yourself is out.

The “court of public opinion” thinks they are entitled to have say so because they pay taxes. They should say thank you to those who are dealing with the crap they are either to scared to deal with, don’t want to deal with or think about and are probably too scared to do it themselves.

Again, go get the training, get hired somewhere and do it yourself.

A random act of kindness to anyone, not just police officers or firefighters or soldiers is really not that hard. But a little extra special to those who have earned it. So, forgive me if I feel if I am entitled to a thank you for working in the Bronx for over 20yrs. Like you 25 deputy, Chief Jayne and to all the others who are serving now, we earned it.

Getting home to do the wife, family or girlfriend thing is just a bonus.

• SKIP Wittkofsky says:

Hay EX Chief Jayne….I am so dam glad to see your azz out of the Leland PD…The one time we talked about the DARE car i wanted the DARE car to be given to brunswich county DARE program you told me i was barkeing up a tree that there was nothing up. Well EX Chief you were right at that time. but NOW im barking up a tree and your AZZ is up there. WOOF WOOF OOOOOOOOOOOOO By the way the SBI FBI CSI know your AZZ is in that tree…. A Retired Firefighter said what happens if the SBI Investigation Concludes EX Chief Jayne Actually did nothing WRONG? NOW Thats Funny LMAO. The only way that would happen is if they let EX Chief Jayne do the Investigtion. Like He did with Officer Sherry Lewis. Lets see EX Chief in your socalled Investigtion 1. YOU didnt talk to officer Lewis????DAAA 2. YOU didnt talk to Officer lewis 2-Doctors??? DAAA 3. YOU didnt ask for the photos of Officer Lewis Injuries??? DAAA And your dumb AZZ didnt even talk to Officer Lewis????BIG DAAA Now EX Chief Jayne what in the hell is wrong with this picture???? Well YOU EX Chief Jayne in your deep deep Investigtion in this case YOU EX Chief Jayne FOUND NO WRONG DOING.daa Your AZZ aint gonna be so lucky. The SBI FBI CSI They do real Investigtions buddy your AZZ is grass and they are the rideing Lawn mower.. I love it and I Love calling you the EX Chief Chief.

…”Yankee mentality”…?…i hate to use the term “ignorant redneck” but it appears to fit very easily considering the ignorance of your statement…what there is here is a “good ole’ boy” system where if you scratch my back, i’ll scratch yours…if your from around here bo…!…police officers, from all areas of the country, appear to believe they live under their own set of rules while they hold the citizens to a different standard…not just up North…I seem to see officers living in the area with brand new Corvettes in their garage when their salaries don’t appear to support that kind of purchase…you do the math, if your mentally capable

Many of the people down here are yankee transplants that sold their shack for a fortune and now live like kings down here. They just can’t do without the corruption they so embrace as a way of life so they start running for public offices, getting jobs in law enforcement and otherwise whining about how much better it was back home.

You also seem to forget that corvettes really are not that expensive. Especially when you realize that they are not brand new but a few years old. Also add in that many have a spouse that also works, a car payment really isn’t that much.

• Guest 357 says:

Bet there are quite a few sweatin’ it, maybe even the neighbors, maybe even other LEC’s. So, tell me, didn’t the SBI do an investigation on this and what was the outcome of their investigation? Why didn’t the Town Council, Manager and others go ahead and take action from the get go? Why did all this drama have to take place before taking care of Jayne? What kind of salary did Jayne have —according to the looks of his home, must have been a good one.

• Leavehimalone says:

You people need to get a life. Ron Hewett did his time. Leave the man alone and let him get on with his life. Find something else to talk about for the love of God!

• Das Weibstück says:

Ron Hewett Jr. !!

• QuietOne says:

Just went to the Leland Police website. Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is DellaPia’s name missing from the roster? They sure took Jayne off in a hurry.

• PublicAvenger says:

With a “Staff” who were just as corrupt as him, and backed up his shannigians ? Handpicked by him, and often doing his “dirty work”. We need input from Lewis, Bost, and Foss ; insiders who are now independent of the dept, but have a inside track. We need to backtrack, and take a close look, before marching foward. Otherwise, we might march straight into quicksand.

• Sgt Two Face Coward says:

Couldn’t agree with “Fellow Officer” more. For the record, I despised HIM, and hated many of the things he did, and even had me do.

Yes, I moved up fast. And it was so nice getting favored treatment. All I had to do was go along with ruining the life a honest officer, every now and then, who was a political problem, to our leader.

The things I had to ‘Close A Blind Eye To’ and ‘Go Along With’, make my blood boil now, when I think about it. He had me brainwashed, thinking I was just being “loyal”. I can’t believe I allowed him to fool me.

After several hours of heavy thought, and prayer, I have changed my mind. I have decided to COME FOWARD and take a stand against the former chief. Many people may not like me, for standing up for what is right, but, as a man, I must take a stand

Deep down inside, I was with Bost, Lewis, Foss, and a half dozen others, all along.I don’t like what we did to them, but I had to do what was right for me, and my family, at the time. My string-puller had me convinced it was just “Tough Luck” for them, and their families. In many ways, I too am a victim, for allowing myself to be tricked.

Couldn’t agree with FellowCop more:”Enough already; lets move on. This town does have great potential you know.” Lets join hands, and let the healing begin.

• Fellow cop says:

The man has been fired. Lets move on to healing. Lets move on to letting the town conduct a search for a new police chief without continuing to beat a dead horse. I called for his firing early on. But to continue to add to this story with anonymous people making claims they are still not willing to put their names on after Jayne is gone looks to be over kill. Enough already; lets move on. This town does have great potential you know.

• QuietOne says:

The list seems shorter, but I can’t figure out who else is missing…

• kblue2221984 says:

This just in!!!! Dumb Dumb Delapia was injured in a terrible rear end collision when Kozak abruptly stopped! causing a terrible chain of events!!! The nose of Icky was broken on Kozak’s tail bone!! All parties were treated and released with minor swelling around the brown portion of the nose!!!!!Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

Slick rick is now listed as being in Administrative Services. I take that to mean he is now driving a desk.

• Hmmmmmm says:

Why is Dellapia not listed on the pd’s site anymore? Kblue, is it just plain ol “ill” now?

• BronxBuster says:

I hate to break it to you Mr. Retired Firefighter, but you only have that right in a court of law. The media has a duty to protect its sources, just as police have a similar duty to protect citizens — you know, the ones you urged LPD to take their time responding to inspite of their oaths. Have another bagel, sir, and resist the urge to remove all doubt that you are an idiot again. I don’t think you can do it.

• kblue2221984 says:

WOW!! You really showed me! Bless your little baby heart…..I have one question for you sir, why all the references to urinating and homosexual tendencies? Something you want to tell us? Must have been HARD ON you having to shower with 58 naked men at the fire department ay little guy? I like it when uneducated people try to rank on “Kid Blue” I want so bad to tell your parents what a great job they did, but I don’t lie. I was reading your “last will and testament” yesterday, would you mind answering why anyone would want to be buried face down?. I’m (assuming) so all your buddies can drop in for a cold one? But lets not Assume, we all know it only makes an A55 out of only YOU!!!…. talk to you later very stupid person…… Say’s who? Say’s the retired firefighter bashing Kblue! Sup?

Have you read anything else on this story? Do you not know that the whistle-blowers in this department are getting fired? They fired one officer recently for refusing to take a lie detector test. He has a right to protect his livelihood when people are unjustly getting fired. If this anonymous officer comes forward in a criminal investigation and Jayne is tried, then Jayne has the right to confront his accuser, not before.

And before you go accusing others of being morons or dumbasses, you should learn more about the Constitution and learn how to spell, not to mention refraining from asinine comments like the one you made about kblue.

Maybe somebody up there still needs him so he can go back with all his great knowledge of nothing. And you can go with him.

• Friend of Retired Firefighter says:

Confrontation Clause in the Sixth Amendment clearly states you have a right to know the accuser.

I’d like to know why, a duely authorized agent of law enforcement is to remain anonymous?

What do you have to hide man? You’re supposed to be a cop for christ sake. Do you piss sitting down like kblue and all the other morons that live in the Leland Area?

I will call the Brunswick County Sheriffs Office before I ever want help from Leland dumbasses.

Kblue, you really are living proof that guys can get pregnant from humping in the butt.

By the way, retired worked on 82 Engine in the Brox for 23yrs. So he does have a clue.

• Guest #1 says:

Niccceee slam! The sarcasm was so dry I shed not a tear, but let go of a hearty laugh. Why, I feel a song coming on …

Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbayaaaa. Lol!

• TouchedbyLPD;) says:

Aweeee. Somebody has been watching Courageous. Sniff.

• Old Guy says:

To Sergeant Two Faced Coward,
    I see your words but don’t believe any sniffling thing you say. You knew exactly what you were doing despite you or your family. You didn’t care for anyone else but yourself. You learned well from your master, slave! Until you come out an tell your real name and apologize for all you have done and made ammends to the people and famlies YOU have hurt then and only then will you begin the healing process. So go and hold hands with yourself. Come and sit in the Employment Security Commision office with the rest of us!

• Sgt Two Face Coward says:

More like “K-Blue Ya, K-Blue Ya”. I have all jumped ship, and quickly reversed myself. Just like the PublicAvenger predicted.

• Das Weibstück says:

Ron Hewett II.

Das Weibstück didn’t do anything to Hewett. He just simply made an accurate comparison. If Ron Hewett is incapable of standing up to public scrutiny, he should have never held an elected office and he should have never committed a crime that broke the trust of the public he was elected to serve and protect. I am all for giving a man a break and was one who was more than willing to let him live his life in peace once he got out of prison, but he chose to take a different route and put his two cents worth every now and then because he cannot stand being out of the public spotlight.

If you would learn to read things in context you wouldn’t be so confused.

• Guesttoo says:

You quote one anonymous officer but in the second paragraph, you refer to “officers” (in the plural) saying “they” did work. Is it one…or more making these claims? The source that was questioned by the SBI wasn’t asked about this homework, didn’t give this information to them, yet choses to volunteer it to a TV station. Are there any verifyable facts…or does that get in the way of this “story”? This seems a little strange, doesn’t it?

Hey Richard, I can’t wait for that cookout you promised.

• kblue2221984 says:

You coming unarmed guesty? Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

Was this your way of trying to frighten me? No.

Was that intended to frighten me??? Still no.

You coming unarmed guesty? Again, no.

• kblue2221984 says:

Was that intended to frighten me??? Sorry boutcha luck!!!!! It didn’t work……. u mad? Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

• kblue2221984 says:

After the arrest’s I will inform you all of who I am, Was this your way of trying to frighten me? Sorry boutcha luck, it didn’t work. Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

• GuestReality says:

Albert Einstein once said, “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” What you always show in all your posts is that you have no limits.

• kblue2221984 says:

You are SO invited to my cookout!!!!Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

• Guesttoo says:

Wow, you’re right! What you wrote made no sense to me at all.

• GuestHmmm says:

Dellapia wasn’t there the other day. Must have been an oversight on their part. List looks shorter because Holman’s name is gone now. One good change …… Blasingame is not listed with Street Crimes. My bet is he works the night shift hopefully in a crappy patrol car.

I think with this firing more and more people are going to feel more at ease about coming out with stories like this. Like Hewett, this saga is probably just beginning.

Very true, but, unlike Ron Hewitt, Jayne was allowed to continue his purge unabated while Bill Farris looked the other way leaving a mess for someone else to deal with. And anyone who either questioned or didn’t go along with Jayne and his band of thugs has been fired or forced out. That witch hunt his LA Gestapo did to find out who was leaking information to KBlue really paid off, didn’t it? So sad. Guess they never learned that, once you start trying to cover-up your abuse with lies, you have to continue lying but it always falls apart in the end? I’m glad these clowns didn’t learn that lesson – think these roaches didn’t scatter fast enough before the lights were turned on them. Keep the pressure on WWAY – don’t let the rats still in LAPD get away with what they have done! Hopefully you have opened the eyes of the public and this group of bullies – Smith, DellaPia, Kozak, Blasingame, Landen and others – will not be allowed to continue their abuse of power!

• Ken says:

There must be some form of contamination in the drinking water system in Brunswick County. Like the old TV Cop show, Dragnet used to say at the opening, “This is a true story. The names have been changed to protect the innocent” except in Brunswick County the names have been changed so they could do it all over again. This sounds like a story I was just reading a few years back. Oh well, maybe it my mine playing tricks on me hehehe.

So, another example of power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. WiFi’s, pool cleanings, working on his boat and favors for neighbors (who lives near Jayne?) are all part of the abuse of power. But, as he ordered these people to do work for him on the clock, paid by the town, who was looking the other way? Why, the people in charge of the department now. Yes, its just beginning – more people will start coming forth to talk, talk about what the Leland community has heard about for years and Bill Farris and the Leland Town Council did nothing but write it up to “rumors” and “disgruntled workers”. We in Leland can’t wait for this house of cards to fall. You have your work cut out for you, Mr. Hollis!!