8 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , ,

KURE BEACH, NC (WWAY) — An area mayor known for saying it how it is says he’ll continue to speak his mind despite a recent outburst.

Dean Lambeth is known as Kure Beach’s straight-shooting mayor, but some have questioned a recent outburst during a town retreat.

“Now are we through with that s#@t? ‘Cause I am getting g*d d@#n tired of it!” Lambeth yelled at other commissioners during the meeting Jan. 24.

When Mayor Pro Tem Chuck Keener said, “Now, listen, Dean, this is not for you…” Lambeth fired back.

“You just said it was!” Lambeth yelled. “Make up your mind. If you don’t like the way I’m operating, tell me now! And you can take this job and shove it up your @$$!”

Today Lambeth explained why he lost his cool.

“It was at the end of the day, and I think what irritated me the most was that we were rehashing stuff that happened two years ago,” Lambeth said.

Lambeth said the comments came only after an exchange with Keener, who brought up an old issue regarding stops signs that Lambeth ordered the police chief to put up.

“The police chief reminded the commissioner who actually brought it up that he had done the same thing for him,” Lambeth said. “I was more upset that any commissioner on the board would think that our department heads would do anything that was not ethical.”

Lambeth said they were discussing the need for a vote by the entire council before asking department heads to do anything like putting up stop signs. But there’s more to the mayor’s outburst.

“I’m done with this,” Lambeth told commissioners. “You’ll get my g*d d@#n resignation tomorrow morning!”

Cooler heads prevailed, and Lambeth did not resign. He is still mayor and plans to finish his term, but won’t run for another.

Lambeth says his relationship with Keener is fine. The mayor says they are still good friends and have moved passed the outburst.

Comment on this Story

8 Comments on "Kure Beach mayor explains profanity-laced tirade at fellow commissioners"

guesty
2015 years 9 months ago

When old people attack.

Peyton Garrett
2015 years 9 months ago

You express your’s with a terminal case of dumba**

Guest Lee
2015 years 9 months ago

Mr. Lambeth should realize that profanity is the attempt of a lazy and feeble mind to express itself forcefully.

Marshal
2015 years 9 months ago

As I understand from numerous people, our mayor exudes this sort of behavior all too often. It is an absolute embarrassment to our community that an elected official is allowed to act like this and I think it is disgraceful that he is not held accountable for his despicable behavior. I think the news media should take a much more active role in monitoring Lambeth.

Ears
2015 years 9 months ago

This Mayor’s behavior is rude and disrespectful to everyone. I wonder how he was elected Mayor when he doesn’t even own his home or pay property taxes in Kure Beach. He says, no thongs on his beach, no employees with children working around him, and the town employees must dress to impress him. Is he a dictator or mayor??? His behavior and actions will end up costing Kure Beach tax payers a lot of money in the end.

Robert Strother
2015 years 9 months ago

It absolutely blows my mind that Anyone could agree with this empty headed redneck idiot that has completely zero contousness!! It shows about the same capacity to agree with someone who conducts and carries themselves this way!! The comments made in line with offshore testing (hillbilly idiot voice) “well if they’s as smart as people say they is then they’ll leave when we start”. I mean really?!! That’s the eelected Mayor of a great area such as Kure Beach is a complete shame and anyone that supports a deushe bag meat head like that well I can only imagine Their mental capacity as well!!

Tommy Yates
2015 years 9 months ago

I have been going to Kure Beach for several years, it is so nice and very, very safe…..I have never seen any trouble there….keep up the good work mayor. Sometimes you just have to get their attention…!!!

RSimmons
2015 years 9 months ago

Barry could bake some “420” brownies and mellow them all out.