15 Comments for this article

Tags: , , ,

LELAND, NC (WWAY) — The Leland Police Department has fixed problems regulators found with its training and records.

The police department released a letter today sent by North Carolina Department of Justice Criminal Justice Standards Division. The letter dated February 20 thanks the Leland Police Department for “correcting the deficiencies identified in the Field Audit Results report dated November 01, 2011.”

The Criminal Justice Standards Division’s review conducted in September found 89 deficiencies. After getting the report in November, then Police Chief Tim Jayne said 85 of the problems, which dated back to 2005, had been corrected.

Comment on this Story

15 Comments on "Leland Police correct training issues"

guesty
2015 years 8 months ago

Hey Richard, is the cookout still on?

kblue2221984
2015 years 8 months ago

If you ask me they have corrected (1) “deficiency” They still have 4 more. Just sayin….. Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

wondering?????
2015 years 8 months ago

i dont see any changes from the new police chief in leland, wheres the overhaul the dept needed???

Get some
2015 years 8 months ago

so many of the officers that were chased off by that idoit Jayne and his henchmen are doing so much better now. thanks Leland for letting them get all their expereince from the town and now using those skills in other departments, some even excellerating in the profession of law enforcement. Problem is the staff of Leland PD are still living in the past, parandoid of who and what is still out there. Still seeking to see who started the fix leland site, who is doing what still, instead of moving on with protecting the citizens of leland. That in itself tells me there is more fallout coming.
Congrats to those who got out of that mess of idiots. Would be wish to just close it down and pay for services from the sheriffs department.

Grand Ole Party
2015 years 8 months ago

The entire world is still holding it’s collective breath waiting for that amazing cook out you promised so long ago. I take it hot dogs have not been on sale of late at the Piggly Wiggly? NWPD? Really? Hahahahaha! Ever thought about becoming a real law enforcement officer? Or are you worried they only take mature applicants? And when have you ever signed your name? Not much of a man either. Say’s who? Say’s Kblue still don’t have a damn clue!!!

kblue2221984
2015 years 8 months ago

Although I thought more of “Fix it Leland” than I should have? it too hasn’t answered any of my e-mails showing me it was in it for the wrong reason’s. No great loss or disappointment! I’m guessing they are happy with the 1 change that has been made. Me? I’ll shut up when the people that are breaking the same Law they are sworn to protect are arrested!! Guesty? is posting my name supposed to scare me?? Not even close! Sign your name…..Be a man! R.T.L Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

guesty
2015 years 8 months ago

No, I don’t think I will post my name. Thanks for the offer.

Guestnative
2015 years 8 months ago

Rick you can’t say anything, you don’y say yours, I will mine it’s Janet Rose.

GuestNobodyKnows
2015 years 8 months ago

for some time now. I agree with the others. What’s been going on? It shouldn’t take this long to clean house! And does anybody have any idea what happened to the Fix Leland Movement. They, too, seem to have gone off the radar. Hopefully all of their ideas and promises of actions to come were more than hot air.

kblue2221984
2015 years 8 months ago

Please call me Rick Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

kblue2221984
2015 years 8 months ago

One of the best Departments in Brunswick County…..Thanks for asking….Say’s who? Say’s Kblue!

guesty
2015 years 8 months ago

How are things going at NWPD, Sergeant?

Grand Ole Party
2015 years 8 months ago

For once you actually said something amusing. I have never even heard of anyone refer to Navassa as a Dept. You have like two officers and they work out of a mobile home. Thats good stuff. Says who? Say’s Kblue still don’t have a damn clue!

kblue2221984
2015 years 8 months ago

Knock Knock “who’s there”? Grand Ole, “Grand Ole who”? EXACTLY!!!!Say’s who? Say’s the greatest of all time Kblue!

Old Guy
2015 years 8 months ago

The only thing I would add would be that there are seven (7) more to clear out. Come on Chief James do what you know is right! You are surrounded by people that only have one thing in mind and that is snowing YOU! K. Smith, W. Kozak. R. Dellapia, M. Landen, J. Pierce, R. O’Connor and of course J. C. Blasingame. All of the others are just holding on to what they supposedly know. Please get busy!