River search suspended for missing Lejeune Marine

Tags: , , , , ,

Submitted: Tue, 04/17/2012 - 2:10am

Wilmington, NC (WWAY) — Crews have suspended their search for a Camp Lejeune Marine reported missing in the Cape Fear River.

The Public Affair’s Office at Camp Lejeune has confirmed he is Lance Cpl. John J. Pruitt of Fontana, CA. He is assigned to 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division.

Police say Pruitt either fell or jumped in the Cape Fear River late last night. A search for Pruitt resumed around noon today.

Wilmington Police, EMS, the Wilmington Fire Department, Water Rescue, as well as the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office and Coast Guard assisted at the scene. Crews also used helicopters and sonar to search for Pruitt.

42 Comments on "River search suspended for missing Lejeune Marine"

Marissa Samaro
2015 years 8 months ago

I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know John and he is one of the most sweetest, nicest person I have met. John you risk your life saving and protecting us so now it is our turn to come together and with all the love we have for you pray that you have a safe return. You still owe me a lamp shade John, you promised you would replace it so hurry and get your butt back. I pray for you John. Much love!!!!

Charly Grijalva
2015 years 8 months ago

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Pruitt Family… being a parent myself I couldn’t imagine the pain his family is going through at this difficult time! The world has lost a wonderful man, RIP John!!!

christina
2015 years 8 months ago

i am deeply sorry for your loss. He was my brothers friend and i got the privilege of meeting him and talking to him and hanging out with him a couple times and he was super nice and respectful…he was kind hearted..and i am praying that they can find him and i pray that the LORD comforts you and helps you in this time of grief…once again i am so sorry..He was so young and he was fighting for our freedom..My God Bless you and your family.

Guest068924
2015 years 8 months ago

We still are praying the best for John.

meagan
2015 years 8 months ago

To the Gomez and Pruitt family you all are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get the answers you are all waiting for and continue the strength you have to stay together and get through this as a family. Alice and John my heart goes out to you both for the heart ach and pain you must be going through. Xoxo
M