STORMTRACK 3: Beryl’s gone; Check out rain totals and wind gusts

Tags: , , , ,

Submitted: Thu, 05/31/2012 - 9:00am
Updated: Thu, 05/31/2012 - 3:18pm

video

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Beryl is out of here for good. Fortunately all we got was some good soaking rain and gusty winds. There were some reports of downed trees and power lines, which is likely because the ground was so wet and there were wind gusts around 40 mph. Here’s a look at some of the impressive wind gusts and rain totals from Beryl’s stay here in southeastern North Carolina:

Wind Gusts: Bald Head Island – 50 mph; Wilmington – 45 mph; Sunny Point – 43 mph; Wrightsville Beach – 43 mph

Rain Totals: Whiteville – 4.62"; Wilmington – 3.91"; Burgaw – 3.57"; Elizabethtown – 2.82"; Sunny Point – 2.70"

Stay tuned to WWAY throughout Hurricane Season. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and head to Hurricanes 101.

Meteorologist Tim Buckley

• Guest CommonTater says:

from the keyboard! Too funny!! These are my final words as well…..

• Guestteheimer says:

…that they will publish any and all comments on this website, no matter how stupid it reads!

Me Thinks you have had one too many… maybe two or 8 too many!

So you would just wish something bad on someone else just to spare yourself? That is rather selfish of you.

And in case you didn’t know, that storm couldn’t care less about what you think, that is if it could even understand what you are saying.

• Guestghjkyui says:

WAIT….. WHAT?

• supertramp says:

The most ridiculous, and grammatically inaccurate comment I have ready in quite some time.

• SusanK6461 says:

Perhaps you should write your local Congressman on that.

• Tommy Fager says:

I really don’t think this subtropical storm should not focus on florida right now. I think this storm should rethink this and find another direction to go some place else. The state of florida is not and will not be a threat to any kind of bad weather or violent storms like hurricanes or tropical storms in florida. They should all go some place else in the usa but not florida what so ever. These are my final words and they are: What ever does happen, I think that this subtropical storm thing is still a big mistake and a waste. And we are not ready for this storm any way. I think the storm should make a differint direction right now and do its own bisness there.

• LMAO says:

LOL my mind is blown.

• Hotness says:

Sounds like someone started a hurricane party early… PUT DOWN THE BOTTLE!!

• Guestfortalkin says:

I’m with you, Tommy Fager. There are too many people posting who need to lighten up. So what if you can’t spell or use proper sentence structure. Maybe you’re some poor guy on disability because an alligator ate your hands and you’re typing with a pencil between your toes! Instead of picking on you they ought to be angry with people who wish us a happy Memorial Day. Happy? Really? I am honoring the dead (some of whom I knew personally) and these numbskulls want me to be happy?

Hang in there, Tommy.

• hammer910 says:

Only in North Carolina people!! It sounds like, or reads like, everyone had a great long weekend. Happy Memorial Day!

• Guestconnie says:

Let’s all just be happy. :)
    Go out and help someone today.

How do you “ready” a comment? If you’re going to point out someone else’s mistakes, you should make sure you don’t make a fool of yourself by committing your own mistakes.

• judge says:

Tramp has no good feedback or comments so they rather just correct ones grammar and spelling.

• Yours isn’t much better. It is not in sentence form. It should start with something like ” That is the most ridiculous….. “.
    You don’t need a comma in your sentence ( if it were a proper sentence to begin with) and you misspelled read. I do have to admit, however;the first comment was far worse than yours.

• caitanni says:

I want some of what you were smoking Saturday!!!! As much as I would like to send this storm somewhere else….it isn’t possible. If you live on the coast, deal with it….or run for cover if the storm is big enough. But in your case…..I’d say smoke another one. :)

• kathy says:

am very relieved to know that beryl will be bringing nothing severe our way