Two dead after crash on US 17

Tags: , , ,

Submitted: Mon, 06/25/2012 - 12:14pm
Updated: Mon, 06/25/2012 - 3:27pm

ONSLOW COUNTY (WWAY) — Two people are dead after a crash in Onslow County early Sunday morning.

It happened around 3 a.m. Sunday on US 17, just north of Holly Ridge.

State Troopers say Juan Torres, 29, of Wilmington crossed over the median and smashed into another vehicle head-on.

Both Torres and the female passenger in the vehicle he hit died. The passenger is identified as Rossio Jordan, 21, of Jacksonville.

According to WCTI, the two other passengers were transported to New Hanover Regional Medical Center.

Troopers are investigating to determine whether alcohol or speed were factors in the crash.

• Leticia Ramirez says:

I can’t tell u enough how much I thnk u for bringing there but I pray tht one day I’ll meet u! But it’s true strangers have more in pack on other they help! Just know God well keep u bless for helping his many children. Thank u for yall u did that nite! It’s been 2 years but it plays a big part in are life.just wish it didn’t happen like it did cuz I know if my sister was here she would thank u too.

• leticia says:

thnk u soo much for being there wit my sister on her last moments on this earth…i knw u did u best to keep her alive.. im very greatful tht u stop to help her! i owe u for wat u did for us … im jst glad she wasnt alone… i cant thnk u enough for wat u done..i hope god bless u for u kindness…

• Thunder says:

Its been years since the accident but it still feels like it happened last night. Just thinking more about it because of hurricane Arthur. Its so strange how a stranger can come into your life and affect it so much. Survivors guilt,ptsd, it was storming that night. The hurricane mirrors the storm inside me. Waves breaking,just waiting for the dawn.

• Thunder says:

If you get this do you think you could send a photo of her to me?
    I couldn’t find one anywhere/wind2fw@yahoo/
    It would mean alot
    Thanks
    Thunder

• Thunder says:

I am sorry for your loss, I was on my motorcycle and was one of the first on the scene. I gave your sister CPR 5 or six times until the para medics arrived. She did not suffer and there was a look of peace on her face. I had a flash of a father holding a small baby as I was keeping her breathing. I can still feel her small hand in mine.
    May the lady of peace hold her in her arms.
    Thunder

• leticia says:

My sister was tha gurl in tht crash & did past way.. ppl need 2 knw she was a great woman & mother & wife.. she was luved very much..