0 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , , , ,

RALEIGH, NC (AP) — North Carolina gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory won’t sue outside political groups for a commercial last month questioning his links to a Charlotte company because the ad is no longer on TV.

A McCrory attorney filed paperwork last month to start a lawsuit against the Democratic Governors Association and North Carolina Citizens for Progress over the commercial McCrory called false.

No lawsuit was filed. McCrory campaign spokesman Brian Nick said recently there was no reason to file a lawsuit because the ad isn’t running now, so the issues are moot.

Democrats say McCrory never planned to sue and filed the notice to get media attention.

The two groups have sued McCrory and his campaign. They want a judge to rule the commercial about the company Tree.com is true.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comment on this Story

Related News

Pat McCrory arrives at Trump tower on December 7, 2016 (Photo: CNN)
12 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Pat McCrory arrives at Trump tower
Read More»
Donald Trump is the 2016 Time Person of the Year (Photo: Nadav Kander/Time)
15 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Trump is Time magazine’s Person of the Year
Read More»
Donald Trump thanks North Carolina voters during his 2016 Thank You Tour stop in Fayetteville on Dec. 6, 2016. (Photo: Sarah Johnson/WWAY)
23 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Trump says ‘thank you’ to NC supporters
Read More»