9 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WWAY) — The 4th of July is just days away, and the rental home business is heating up to a level it hasn’t hit in years in our area.

One real estate company that deals with homes all over New Hanover County is all rented out for the 4th.

Intracoastal Realty says all its rental homes on Pleasure Island and all but one in Wrightsville Beach are taken for this coming week. Joy Donat, property manager for the Carolina Beach branch, says this has not happened since 2007.

Donat says she’s heard from other rental companies in the area that they are pretty much full, too.

“It is an indication that people are spending money again, taking a vacation again,” Donat said. “And I think that is just wonderful.”

Sharon Dalessandro and her family are making their first visit to Pleasure Island. She says they booked their vacation about six months in advance.

“You need a break from all the stress in life and just your every day routine,” she said. “If you can get away, you really need to get away. I think that’s very positive that people know that they need to destress and go on vacation.”

Donat says the fact that rentals are picking up means sales are, too. Some of the renters enjoy their stay at the beach so much, they end up making a permanent purchase.

Comment on this Story

9 Comments on "Beach rentals sold out for 4th for first time since 2007"

2015 years 10 months ago

Good business sense,yes eventually tourists need some family fun at night.

2015 years 10 months ago

His post’s rarely have any logical construct.

I find it surprising that anyone takes him seriously.

2015 years 10 months ago

obviously working really well, huh liberals?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I guess principles lose out over nice beaches!

Guest of the joke's on you
2015 years 10 months ago

All the nice beaches filled with guys holding hands. Remember, walking in the sand, walking hand in ha a and. The night was so exciting
(Remember) His smile was so inviting (Remember) Then he touched my cheek. Oh no, oh no, oh no no no no.

I don’t think this is the same beach we usually visit.

2015 years 10 months ago

How on Gods Green Earth is driving to the beach with 10,000 other people for a week on the beach packed with 30,000 other people on a holiday when it’s going to be 100 degrees relaxing?

Sounds like a nightmare to me. Especially with kids.

Das Weibstück
2015 years 10 months ago

Couldn’t agree more. Crazy people I say.

2015 years 10 months ago

I hope everyone has fun. Nothing better than waiting in traffic, standing in line at restaurants, getting a good sunburn (ouch) and being in vast crowds of people! Let ’em enjoy, meanwhile, I’ll be relaxing here at home on my nice deck, sipping on a cold one, and grilling out.

2015 years 10 months ago

For property owners,Hotels,Restarants,Shops,Gas Stations our businesses.we welcome those “packed” times as it really helps our economy.
Welcome visitors and tourists as in 2014 will see you at Stadium on river,Downtown watching Braves single-A.
The economic impact visitors,tourists give us helps so many of our residents provide for families!

Guest of I'm not kidding when I say this
2015 years 10 months ago

Your post does not have meaning.