Four arrested after heroin bust

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Submitted: Fri, 07/06/2012 - 6:08pm

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A heroin bust in Wilmington landed four people in jail and a child in protective custody.

Thursday afternoon police stopped a car leaving 3050 Pauline Lane, found 100 bags of heroin in it and arrested the three people in the car. Orlando Rashea Johnson, 25, is in jail under a $500,000 bond charged with trafficking in heroin. Antonio Johnson-Fulwood, 28, and Eric Wesley Gore, 24, are charged with possession of PCP. They are in jail under $10,000 bond.

The WPD Vice Narcotics Unit got a search warrant for 3050 Pauline Lane. In the home they ound 350 more bags of heroin. Police say the total street value of the 450 bags of heroin seized from both the car and the house is about $9,000.

A woman at the home also had her five-year-old daughter with her, until the New Hanover County Department of Social Services was called in and took the child to a safe location.

Melody Formey-Navarro, 26, was charged with trafficking heroin, maintaining a dwelling for drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia, manufacture drugs and misdemeanor child abuse. She was also served with an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court. She is in jail under $50,500 bond.

• Tweety12 says:

Walters I don’t recall seeing your comment
    about the drug deal gone bad lost week.Was there
    a difference No one can make you buy drugs
    that’s a choice you make.No one made you
    buy weed during high school days did they.
    Oh you didn’t smoke weed or take that first
    drink.You didn’t do that either.

• Michael Paul Walton says:

Charles, the problem we are facing in our society is that too many paeople have the same attitude as you! The answer to the problem is not just using the prison system…..it does not work. The solution is the development of programs that will help addicts recover, mandatory vocational training, so these people qualify for jobs, community corrections supervision, and other yet developed diversionary programs. As long as the attitude you project exists we will continue to loose in saving our citizens from the evils of drug sales/abuse/addiction. THANKS!!!

• mad as hell says:

I’m sure you are not god walters so who are you to judge? We out here only know rite now what the cops have put out. We don’t have full details for someone like you to jump in with you slandering comments. Wait till you have more facts before you start typing away all your trash talking. How about you get off of your computer and start doing something to stop stuff like that instead of just talking trash about the people. Get actively involved.

• Guest 55555 says:

There are many heart-broken parents that have grown children incarcerated for drugs. Many of these parents are anti-drug and have not been a part of encourgement for their adult children to use, manufacture, or sell these hard drugs. I believe there are parent’s that don’t/didn’t know their minor or adult child was using until trouble hit home. Also, many of the hard drugs begin as free will, but after a short while it’s no longer free will, it’s in the user’s body. Young kids WILL listen to their ‘frinds’ that use, and their friend(s) will tempt the first time user, and to fit in with the ‘gang’ they try it. Thus, the cycle begins.
    Here’s the good news…The one’s that are waiting trial are off the street’s and the one’s that are incarcerated are not using, which can be a relief to the parent that their phone should not ring in the middle of the night to find out their child/adult child has died.
    Mr. Walters, don’t assume all parents are to blame, to say that is simply not true.

• Charles Walters says:

Look at the fine upstanding people and parents. They were just trying to make a living by selling poison to other people and children. Please note the sarcasm above. Take this bunch of low life scum and excute them as terrorist for what they are doing to our children by getting them hooked on this crap. Now I will just sit back and watch while all their friends,family and customers write in and say what good people they are, and how selling drugs is just they way they feed their family. One last thing, the child found in their drug ridden home should be taken away and put up for adoption ASAP.

• Charles Walters says:

You sound like one of their good customers. You will have to find another dealer.

• Charles Walters says:

They were not caught with a couple of joints, they were caught with Heroin bagged and ready to sell. They also had this crap in a house with a 5 year old child. I have been actively involved against drug like this for years up to the point of turning drug dealers in a neighborhood I lived in. I have a right to judge people who put this crap on the streets, and I will continue to run fools like this into the ground every chance I get. The others who tried to rip me a new one on here, I guess you will have to find a new dealers. LOOSERS!!!!

• portcity rider says:

Walters,its good that you turn drug dealers in to the police.You aren’t the only one that does this.Still you aren’t God.

All Wise and Glorious one.We bow down to your GREAT and SUPERIOR INTELLECT.We are all Idiots when it comes to you and your logical thinking. Get a life Walters.

• Charles Walters says:

Are you another one of his customers? I guess you will have to find a new dealer.

• Charles Walters says:

You are the type of person that would let people like this go free. I never said I was God, but I will say you and those like you are IDIOTS!!!!!!

• Mr. Walters, Get A Life says:

Mr. Walters.. you are on here repeatedly posting all these comments. I dont know why you try to act like you are better than someone else. Someone must not have loved you much as a child. I know and have people in my family who struggle with addiction. This does Not make them bad people. They still pay all the bills and take care of their own. Yea they spend an hour a day or less chasing some drug to help them deal with all the curveballs life has thrown them such as losing a twin in Iraq and a car wreck which left one dead and the one Im speaking of with no leg, NO fault of his own. You are a sick man without a life of your own so you choose to meddle in other peoples lives. Prison is not the answer. The guy at the top of the post who spoke of the clinics in Sweden, they are in Australia and Canada too and that is the answer.They do work. People like this Walters should be thrown in prison before he sets out to judge other people. Walters you are the LOSER. When the day of judgement comes you will be the one to have to account for your actions and how they affected so many people. GET A LIFE and leave people alone!! I would like to see you locked up with all the people you called the law on..you wouldnt be so “tough” then.

• Poohda says:

- && My Brother Eric Wesley Gore aka *dick em dwn* Is Out , $10,000 aint nothing to a boss..

Your brother isn’t a boss, he is a punk.

• Charles Walters says:

You misunderstood about my comment about parents. These people had a child in the house around the drugs. I was being sarcastic about the one’s who got arrested being fine upstanding parents. You do make a good point about the influence of friends, but this is not what I meant about the comment “fine upstanding parents.” I was not blaming parents because their children were screw-ups.

There are programs in place for those who use drugs, but they do not work unless the person wants to get clean and stay clean.

Those who sell drugs should have no other option than prison.

• DITTOS says:

I want pictures….I want to see the scumbags and I want everyone else to see them.

• skool says:

The answer isn’t recovery programs. There’s no (magic) in a recovery program my friend! Goes way deeper than that. Drugs arent the problem. Its the (ROOT CAUSE) as why people use drugs.