Traffic Alert: Wrightsville Ave. closure caused by water main break

Tags: , , ,

Submitted: Mon, 08/06/2012 - 11:26am
Updated: Mon, 08/06/2012 - 11:33pm

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Drivers using Wrightsville Avenue this morning should be prepared for some possible delays.

According to Cape Fear Public Utility, the 7000 Block of Wrightsville Avenue to Eastwood Road closed around 6:00 this morning, while crews facilitate a water main break.

It is unknown at this time how long the road will be closed or if customers will experience any service interruptions.

Motorists can avoid the work zone by using Oleander Drive/Military Cutoff.

Updates on the closure and service interruptions will be provided as that information becomes available.

either they deliberately broke the line “facilitating a water main break” or somebody needs to chose better wording because this makes it sound like they are breaking the line themselves

IDIOT! Wilmington needs to fix water lines, sewer lines, streets, on and on and on before they spend monies on a ball park. Where do you live?

TADA!!! Excellent interpretation of a remark.

The waterline belongs to Wrightsville Beach.

• GuestHuh? says:

Ask one question and the name calling starts. I live in Wilmington, and YES I pay taxes. Apparently I happen to know what my taxes pay for. You know, I don’t have an opinion about the baseball stadium one way or another, but I really don’t think it calls for that kind of response. I still don’t know what a broken water line has to do with the city when water and sewer lines are not owned by the city. They are the responsibility of the CFPUA, or apparently in this case, Wrightsville Beach. If someone can answer my question in some sort of civil way, it would be appreciated – instead of name calling and overt sarcasm.

Stop commenting. You make yourself look dumber and dumber. Of course my remark was overrun with sarcasm. Good grief

• Anne Russell says:

don’t you recognize sarcasm when you see it?
    obviously this post means spend our tax $ on necessary infrastructure rather than wasting tax $ on a pig in a poke baseball stadium we can do just fine without.

• GuestHuh? says:

Doubt there was any sarcasm in the initial comment, more likely the person did not understand that tax dollars don’t pay for water OR sewer lines. That’s what the water & sewer fees and our lovely Cape Fear Public Utility Authority are for. CFPUA has nothing at all to do with whether or not Wilmington has a ballpark, unless they want to start contributing to it financially.

• GuestHuh? says:

What do water lines have to do with the ball park?

BRING ON THE NEW BALL PARK!! TO H*** WITH WATER LINES AND SUCH.