Car accident kills Oak Island teen

Tags: , , ,

Submitted: Sun, 08/19/2012 - 9:28pm
Updated: Sun, 08/19/2012 - 9:32pm

BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) – An Oak Island teenager is dead after crashing his car.

It happened on Hwy 133 near Orton Plantation in Brunswick County around 10:30 last night. 18-year old Aaron Michael Burke, Jr. was driving toward Southport when his camaro crossed the center line, ran off the road and hit a tree.

Emergency crews airlifted him to New Hanover Regional Medical Center, where he later died. Troopers say speeding and alcohol did not play a role in the accident.

• A Mother says:

As a Mother of a son who is my world I want you to know my heart goes out to you and your family. Stay strong and focus on good memories and those here now who love you. Stick together and draw strength from each other. HUGS to you!!!

• AARON BURKE SR. says:

I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKYOU FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS LEFT COMMENTS ABOUT MY SON. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN KNOWN AS MY ” LITTLE MAN “!! I LOVE MY BABYBOY SO MUCH AND HE WILL BE TRUELY MISSED AND NEVER FORGOTTEN IN MY HEART. A BIG PART OF ME DIED THE OTHER NIGHT AND IT WILL ALWAYS NEVER BE FILLED AGAIN WITHOUT MY LITTLE MAN BEING WITH ME!! I KNOW HE IS IN A BETTER PLACE NOW AND I KNOW HE IS FREE AND AT PEACE!! I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH SON!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of this young man.

• unknown says:

Its sad to hear this when i went to school with aaron we used to be good friends and now hes gone but never forgotten rest easy ill be praying for your friends and family

• A Mom says:

My thoughts and prayers are with this boys family, esp his mom. My bf lost her son at the age of 21 due to a car accident. I have watched her life change dramatically. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain and heartache of losing a child. RIP Aaron.

• unknown says:

Rest easy babyboy. You will truely be missed. You always knew how to keep a smile on my face.. it goes to show that you truely never know when your time is coming. I love you babyboy !

• aunt jo says:

You were so different from all of us. Always clowning around making ppl laugh. I remember how we’d always talk like that Australian guy with that animal show. See a fat lady an b like “Ah crikey!!! look at this species here from the hippopotamus family. Watch out now. This species is carnivorous and will eat u” Lol. So many memories… Rest easy lil neph. U may b gone but never forgotten.