1 Comments for this article

Tags: , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Shooting for “Iron Man 3” will resume this weekend with some special effects, but there’s no word on if the movie’s star will be part of the filming.

A film permit for the movie, code-named “Caged,” will return to the State Port of Wilmington Friday through Tuesday. The cast and crew had been shooting at the port earlier this month until star Robert Downey, Jr., was injured. At the time, Marvel Studios said shooting would take a break while he recovered. Marvel has not returned a call to find out if Downey will rejoin the shooting this weekend.

Regardless of whether Downey will be there, the shoot will have some star power thanks to special effects. The City of Wilmington released a statement today saying there will be scenes that will include gunfire, smoke and a helicopter. The city says residents and businesses in the area have been notified about what to expect, but the production wanted to make sure the city was aware in case calls come into the 911 system.

Comment on this Story

Leave a Reply

1 Comment on "‘Iron Man 3’ special effects slated for port; no word on Downey’s return"

2015 years 10 months ago



Related News

Two inflatable domes at the State Port of Wilmington will store millions of tons of wood pellets for Enviva.
2 months ago
0 Comments for this article
2nd dome rises at State Port
Read More»
George Diab
3 months ago
0 Comments for this article
Former WWAY GM, UNCW Hall of Famer George Diab dies at 91
Read More»
3 months ago
2 Comments for this article
EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE: The voice on the other end of the line
Read More»