1 Comments for this article

Tags: , , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Residents in the 1200 block of Castle Street were given the “all clear” to return home after an early-morning evacuation caused by a residential natural gas leak.

The StarNews reports the Wilmington Fire Department says crews found a gas meter missing from a home.

A Piedmont Natural Gas crew was still on scene at 4 a.m., but residents who had been pulled from their homes at 2 a.m. were back inside.

It all started with an emergency call at 2:01 a.m. Wednesday reporting a natural gas leak. Fire crews, police and Piedmont Natural Gas employees responded to evacuate residents and get the leak under control.

No injuries were reported.

Comment on this Story

Leave a Reply

1 Comment on "Wilmington residents return home after natural gas leak"

Notify of

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted

Related News