1 Comments for this article

Tags: , , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Residents in the 1200 block of Castle Street were given the “all clear” to return home after an early-morning evacuation caused by a residential natural gas leak.

The StarNews reports the Wilmington Fire Department says crews found a gas meter missing from a home.

A Piedmont Natural Gas crew was still on scene at 4 a.m., but residents who had been pulled from their homes at 2 a.m. were back inside.

It all started with an emergency call at 2:01 a.m. Wednesday reporting a natural gas leak. Fire crews, police and Piedmont Natural Gas employees responded to evacuate residents and get the leak under control.

No injuries were reported.

Comment on this Story

Related News

Hawk Wheels Bike Share (Photo: Kirsten Gutierrez/WWAY)
10 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
UNCW bike-share program soars
Read More»
goodfriends
13 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Good Friends of Wilmington luncheon raises thousands to help others
Read More»
I haven't been on the ice in 10 years, but it didn't take long for me to pick it back up. (PHOTO: Ashley Sturm/WWAY)
2 days ago
0 Comments for this article
Ashley’s Adventures: Wilmington Ice House
Read More»