make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

NC man found guilty in beheading plot

READ MORE:
hysensherifi.jpg

RALEIGH, NC (AP) -- A North Carolina man serving a 45-year sentence for a terror plot to attack a US Marine base and overseas targets has been found guilty in a murder-for-hire plot to behead witnesses who testified against him.

US Attorney Thomas Walker said 28-year-old Hysen Sherifi was found guilty Thursday of nine counts related to the murder-for-hire plot, Sherifi will be sentenced in February, when he faces a maximum sentence of life behind bars.

Investigators say while Sherifi was being held in the New Hanover County Jail last year, he approached another inmate looking for information on hiring someone to commit murder.

Sherifi's brother and a friend also were charged in the murder-for-hire case and testified against Sherifi after entering into plea agreements with prosecutors.

Sherifi has said that he was arrested because of his Muslim faith. He was sentenced in January to 45 years in prison for plots to attack the Marine base at Quantico, VA, and overseas targets.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

11/8/2012 12:11:06 PM (GMT -5:00)

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Informant

I wonder if the charges against drug kingpin David Crummy will be dropped now that he did his civic duty and ratted that guy out. After all, what a few major drug charges these days?

LIKE TH OLD DAYS, TAKE HIM

LIKE TH OLD DAYS, TAKE HIM OUT THE BACK DOOR, NEVER TO BE SEEN OR HEARD FROM AGAIN.

Give him what he wanted

Sherifi wanted somebody beheaded, lets behead him. With an axe dipped in pigs blood.