7 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , , , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Through Sunday, law enforcement across the state will crack down on motorists who are not wearing their seat belts. It’s part of the Thanksgiving “Click it or Ticket” campaign.

Last year, 397 unbuckled motorists died in crashes on North Carolina roads.

The Research Triangle Institute reported that the state’s seat belt usage rate last year was 88.7 percent.

Comment on this Story

7 Comments on "Thanksgiving ‘Click it or Ticket’ underway"

2015 years 10 months ago

Read my comment again. I think you missed the whole point. I do wear my seatbelt almost all the time. I worked in an auto body shop long enough and replaced enough windshields with head-holes in them to make a believer out of me. My point is people should be free to choose for themselves whether or not they want to wear a seat belt. The law should not take their choice away. And no, I will drive and ride in a vehicle any time I choose with or without a seat belt. If I get caught, so be it.

2015 years 10 months ago

is the law, the driver can choose to obey or not. It they don’t and get caught…pay the fine.

2015 years 10 months ago

It should be the motorists’ decision whether or not to wear a seatbelt. Looks like the cops could find something more important to do.

2015 years 10 months ago

You are not forced to wear your seat belt. You make that choice. If you choose not to wear it, you face the possibility of a ticket. But you still are not forced to wear it.

2015 years 10 months ago

If you don’t like the law stop driving and riding in a vehicle. If you would watch the news and see the number of people killed each year becausing them don’t wear a seat belt, you would understand why it is a law.

2015 years 10 months ago

I agree. A driver can choose to wear his/her seatbelt and comply with the law…or not. If they don’t and get caught…pay the “piper”.

Guest Reply
2015 years 10 months ago

Aren’t we lucky to only have this type of inspections during holidays…leaving the rest of the year up for grabs with drunk unlicensed drivers?