NC governor still working on group home solution

GARY D. ROBERTSON
Associated Press

RALEIGH, NC (AP) -- Gov. Bev Perdue won't release a solution to attempt to ensure certain residents in group homes losing Medicaid coverage can keep a roof over their heads until probably next week.

Perdue said earlier this week she hoped to have a plan to present by Friday, but a spokesman for the governor said her office is still working on steps to address the issue.

About 2,000 residents in group homes are affected by changes in how to qualify for Medicaid-paid personal care services. The changes could make it difficult for group homes to keep operating.

The delay also will give the outgoing governor more time to address a new development involving thousands of people with Alzheimer's disease or dementia receiving fewer hours of assistance per month.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

12/14/2012 2:01:14 PM (GMT -5:00)

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.