7 Comments for this article

Tags: , ,

RALEIGH, NC (AP) — The US Census Bureau estimates that North Carolina’s population increased by more than 100,000 people in the past year.

The federal agency says North Carolina remains the tenth largest state, based on its estimate as of July.

The latest estimate is that 9,752,073 people lived in North Carolina on July 1.

North Carolina trails No. 9 Michigan by about 131,000 people.

North Carolina’s population has grown 2.3 percent since the last census in April 2010.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comment on this Story

7 Comments on "North Carolina adds 100,000 residents"

2015 years 10 months ago

I bet you are right, I bet the majority of them were ILLEGALS flushed out of states that are cracking down on them, NC has been a safe haven for them, but I feel a change in the air, and for the better.

2015 years 10 months ago

…as long as they vote D in every election. That is why democrats are worried about having to show ID when voting. That would cut down on illegals and individuals voting multiple times.

2015 years 10 months ago

Highly doubtful…

Guest Reply
2015 years 10 months ago

100,000 + new residents in NC? How many have died that lived in North Carolina?
Whooops! Time to recalculate :-(

Guest CommonTater
2015 years 10 months ago

Guest Reply
2015 years 10 months ago

I met some really nice people from New York once…really nice. That was while I was in New York getting mugged. The guys asked me about the fishing down here and the winter weather…and how it must be during a hurricane. They were so nice…what money I didn’t have on me in cash…I wrote them a check…in a Nu Yawk Minit!

2015 years 10 months ago

Come on down! but would y’all a please bring a good bagel shop with you? The local stuff here is like chewing on a lawn mower wheel!