Man dies after alleged baseball bat attack

Tags: , , , , ,

Submitted: Fri, 01/04/2013 - 11:21pm
Updated: Sat, 01/05/2013 - 4:48am

BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — A man has died after deputies say two men allegedly attacked him with baseball bats.

Tuesday night, Brunswick County Sheriff’s deputies found Hartford Talmage Sellers III lying unresponsive on a driveway on Farm Meadows Road in Leland. Police say they were informed today that Sellers died at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.

Last night, deputies charged Boyd Harrelson and Nickolas Wayne Smith with assault with a deadly weapon.

We should ban bats! They kill people!! Please sign my petition to ban bats! We should at least be doing background checks and fingerprinting on people that try to buy bats!!!

• Guest 211 says:

YOU AREN’T FUNNY. IT TOOK TWO MEN WITH BASEBALL BATS TO BEAT ONE MAN TO DEATH? HOW BRAVE OF THEM. YOU,V GOT TO BE REFERING TO GUNS, WHICH ARE TWO DIFFERENT SUBJECTS. GET REAL.

• Guest George says:

Were these bats loaded?,and what was the magazine capacity I wonder.Where do we sign?

• GGuestuest says:

Really funny!! You are probably one of those responsible parents that keep their guns lying on the coffee table and take your mentally challenged off spring to the firing range to teach them how to fire assalt weapons!!

We also need the feds to setup a national bat database so the sale of bats can be tracked.

• Thorndyke says:

I’m gonna go out and buy 8 baseball bats to protect myself including a batthat is 10 feet longcause it makes me feel like a man when I hold it.

• ScottyD says:

Only a moron would post banning bats….a man died here, stop making light of the situation….or be a man/woman and instead of just being a guest put your name.

• Guest CommonTater says:

It would be interesting if the bleeding hearts would actually look at the facts for once but…. I won’t hold my breath.

“According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.”

And also….

“Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.”

I guess we need to lop off a few arms as well. **chuckle** Numnuts….

• Angewidert says:

(go to subject line and continue to repeat)

• Kyle Butler says:

I know the one that died. He goes by “Tee” Sellers. I just wanna say F U to the sarcastic idiots that post lame stuff on here. Keep in mind people that know the victims read this.