Police caught burglary suspect in the act

Tags: , , , , , ,

Submitted: Mon, 01/14/2013 - 8:23pm
Updated: Tue, 01/15/2013 - 2:43am By:

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Wilmington Police say they caught a burglar red-handed early Saturday morning before he could get away.

Investigators say just after midnight Saturday they got a call for a burglary in progress at 3827 Mayfield Court after a neighbor heard strange noises coming from the home next door.

Officers walked to the back of the house and saw that the back door had been kicked in. When they walked in, they say they found William Lewis, 34, gathering items to steal from the home.

Lewis is charged with possession of burglary tools, damage to real property, and 2nd degree burglary. In addition to his first appearance on those charges today, Lewis was also due in court for several charges from last year, including breaking and entering, felony larceny, possession of stolen goods, trafficking heroin and other drug-related offenses.

• Crystal says:

SHAME ON YOU as a parent! How does his son being in your son’s class have ANYTHING to do with his fathers actions? Sounds to me like you are already planning out his son’s future. Or… maybe you are one of those parents who thinks their kid does no wrong & now you have a kid to blame your son’s actions on. But hey…who am I to judge? That’s not MY job…I don’t think it’s yours either.

• Samantha says:

Unbelievable…and to think his son is in my sons class…and we went to school together..shame on you as a parent…get a real job..OH!!!! Wait u can’t cause ur a drug dealer and a convicted felon ..dumb ass!!!!

• a parent says:

Do NOT blame the parent — you can raise your child up and do a good job and teach them right – but when they get on their own they make Their Owns decisions. So should we blame your parents for all the dumb mistakes that YOU made!!!

• Guest 211 says:

I AGREE WITH YOU. PEOPLE SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS.

He already has previous charges of B&E, Felony Larceny, possession of stolen goods and trafficking Heroin. Now he is arrested for the same stuff, with burglary tools.

Hey Judge! Get this!!!! Sorta looks like he has a tendency to be a criminal doesn’t it? Going to do something substantial this time?

• Jessica says:

This man invaded my house and has left permanent scares not only did he violate me and my family he stole from my children and even took things that my kids had given me. We work hard for what we have and don’t appreciate some drug addict too strung out to raise his children and work take it away from us! I struggle everyday from the lack of my own ex husbands dead beatness and to have this man come take from us! I can only pray that he changes his ways and that his Karma hurts as bad as the people he has hurt! But thats what happens when you have rich in laws that bail you out over and over again! Parenting does have alot to do with what kind of adults we become!

• Bbrown says:

Will didn’t you know smack is wack!