WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — You don’t have to go to The Big Easy to get that southern flavor you’re craving if you’re looking to jazz things up at the dinner table in honor of Fat Tuesday. Check out Howard’s Skillet Mardi Gras Pasta recipe, and your gang might throw you your own parade right in your kitchen.
Skillet Mardi Gras Pasta
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 a green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add onion, garlic, green pepper, Old Bay seasoning, salt, black pepper, and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp; continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked. Serve immediately over the pasta.
Read more at www.mrfood.com/Shellfish/Skillet-Mardi-Gras-Pasta