0 Comments for this article

Tags: , , ,

wway-ads-zone5

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Flames destroyed a Wilmington home with residents inside after a pot was left unattended in the kitchen.

It happened at 709 S. 9th St. just after 12:15 a.m. Tuesday.

According to fire crews, the house was fully engulfed when they arrived, but the 3 residents managed to get out before anyone was hurt.

One of the residents who escaped says she was cooking when she went to check on her baby.

Battalion Chief Born says crews determined the fire started was accidental, caused by unattended cooking.

The total damage is estimated at $80,000.

Born says the man, woman and infant are staying with friends.

Comment on this Story

wway-ads-zone39

Related News

Garage fire on 43rd Street. (Photo: Sarah Johnson/WWAY)
3 days ago
0 Comments for this article
No one hurt in Wilmington garage fire
Read More»
Wilmington Police investigate after a baby was found dead in a car outside a daycare center on May 25, 2016. (Photo: Daniel Seamans/WWAY)
3 days ago
0 Comments for this article
Investigation continues in death of baby found in car
Read More»
SUV crashes into Wilmington business -- Photo: Hannah Patrick/WWAY
5 days ago
1 Comments for this article
SUV crashes into Wilmington business
Read More»