7 Comments for this article

Tags:

KURE BEACH, NC (WWAY) — A former Kure Beach commissioner who once faced drug charges is back in public service.

Barry Nelder is now an alternate member of the town’s Stormwater and Environmental Committee.

Court records show a judge dimissed Nelder’s possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia charges January 23, 2013.

Mayor Dean Lambeth says he feels Nelder deserves a second chance.

Comment on this Story

7 Comments on "Former Kure Beach commissioner appointed to committee, drug charges dismissed"

Guest CommonTater
2015 years 8 months ago

Mayor Dean Lambeth…. you are a fool.

Guest 1492
2015 years 8 months ago

Barry Nelder, prior to his “massive” drug bust for a small amount of weed, always displayed a willlingness to roll up his sleeves and help his community.

A judge has dismissed the drug charges and his appoinment is only as an alternate member of the town’s Stormwater and Environmental Committee, a job a lot of people aren’t even interested in doing.

Stop being such a pious horse’s-behind and feel good about him still willing to get involved even as it dredges up additional personal embarassment for himself. Of course, the other option would be for YOU to volunteer for the position yourself.

RSimmons
2015 years 8 months ago

I guess I would rather have Happy Barry cruising Kure Beach with a doobie stashed under the dash, than the usual drunken politician or cop wrecking their cars and endangering people.

Guest CommonTater
2015 years 8 months ago

I will just add you to the list of fools instead….

Guest 1492
2015 years 8 months ago

Tater: Redneck term for potato. “Hey yuns grab me suma them thur tater chips!”

Common Tater: A user name chosen by a poster who realizes his opinion has even less value than a “tater”, hence the term “Common Tater”.

Oxymoron: A “Common Tater” calling someone else a fool. (See also “bass ackwards”)

Guest CommonTater
2015 years 8 months ago

Stupid but a feeble attempt. I will sleep like a baby…. trust me.

Guest 1492.. was that the year you first discovered you were a fool?

Guest 1492
2015 years 8 months ago

Stupid: A term used to describe someone who chooses the user name “Common Tater”.

Feeble: A term used to describe the intellect of someone who chooses the user name “Common Tater”.

1492: The number of years, prior to my being born, that I was already aware that sooner or later in my life, I would run across someone like you that I could use for my own personal amusement. Keep posting; I’ll just keep amusing myself. (This is just too easy. I know this might be impossible for you, but can you kick it up a notch?) :-)